[pnpgm] Game Update #160b - File #1130 - A happy family again

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Tue Apr 5 13:31:50 CEST 2011

LoL. I'm not sure how I missed it but just re-read Scott's post and realized that Will and Arawn had returned to the camp at the end of the post. It's what I get for reading things early in the morning when half-asleep:)

   Arawn surreptitiously studied the soldier and his aura after arriving back at camp, trying get a feel for the man. Doing his best to appear casual he waited until Farseeker had distracted the captain before revealing the details of the scouting mission.

   "... so, from what we could see, there might be two ways into the mount, a small cave on the north side and the spring. Though we weren't able to see much on the south side as the lay of land made it difficult to see what was causing the steam or mist without moving in close.
   I'm guessing the cave Fremea spotted is the main entrance but it might be possible to use the small cave to enter the mountain, though it would be difficult to tell if it connects to any main chambers without magic or actually entering it.
   As for the spring, it seems to lead right up into the mountain. If the tunnel is large enough and we're willing to risk magic it might be a possible back way in, though knowing this for sure poses the same problem as the cave.
   I'm willing to explore them further if the rest of you decide it is worth it. I can swim the spring or summon an elemental to investigate it and see if it's wide enough for us to use and if it connects to a major tunnel.
   The other option, I can seek guidance from the Gods to determine which of the paths before us would be the best option to allow us entry and a measure of stealth to best slip inside the Vong base."

   After listening to Z'leyra's idea for a boulder trap Arawn chimes in.

   "It would be interesting, if we could pull it off, but I'm not sure how feasible it would be. If someone comes up with a plan for it though, I'm in. However, it does make me wonder if we could somehow choke it, the odd opening, maybe a mouth of some sort, with rocks.
   Other than that, the fliers seem to have been avoiding the storm. Perhaps they are vulnerable to lightning strikes. Of course, as the Vong haven't been seen in days, they might simply be holed up in preparation for something."