[pnpgm] Game Update #127

John Haight sang_real at msn.com
Mon Oct 25 03:29:23 CEST 2010

 [           Farseeker perks up and looks at Arawn. "I doubt you'll learn much from the warehouse guy.  These people work like military in a need to know basis.  Gangs and criminal gangs work like same way.  The low street folks never know what the leaders are planning.  But you can try.  Just keep in mind our curse with prisoners."]

  - "Let us hope that he proves to have something useful. As is Zhou's group was lucky to have stumbled on to the papers. I aplogize for the concern but I couldn't have known if any of the groups would have discovered anything useful so I took a risk to try and procure a lead if the others search turned up empty," Arawn replied calmly.
   "If anyone has questions for him feel free to join or pass it on to me to ask. I'll speak to him somewhere distant unless someone wants to have the conversation in a room upstairs or close by."

[Unali: "I will try to find some contacts in town tonight and see if we can have them watch Baron Ka's place. We are too exposed to do so ourselves , but if any Vong try to find out what happened to Nom, we might get a lead  there. Any other information that we need, so I can ask?"]

   - "It might worth asking them what they might know regarding recent events around the close mine, why Nom might suddenly lose interest. Also, see if they know anything about Rising Mount. It was mentioned it the letter and could be a Katai name for a peak in the western range."

["You know...if we had a Vong detector, it would make our lives much, much easier.  AND, we could always claim that our detector is simply a device used to find 'special effects' and that we are simply bounty hunters too.  Instead of wandering around blindly as we are.  If the Katai bounty hunters are using detectors, why aren't they always running into other bounty hunters and mistaking them for folks with special abilities?  Just a thought."]

   - "Personally I don't think it will help much. The hunters seem unorganized on a national scale. They each seem to work for different nobles, groups, or entities and their methods seem to vary just as wildly. Besides if carrying a device to pose as a bounty hunter was effective I'd imagine that Society members would already be using that ploy on a large scale. But who knows.
   If anything I'd imagine the seeming relative lack of national organization on this is a boon. If all fronts coordinated their efforts things would be much more unpleasant. Thank goodness for oversized beauracracies and political squabbles and intrigues."

   After all this Arawn will take some time to look over the Vong map/scroll. He's hoping to find any unusual markings or symbols that were overlooked or blended into the symbols/writings in hopes of finding the proverbial 'X marks the spot' before departing to question the Peace Brigader before the Transmutation ends.