[pnpgm] Game Update #122 - File #927 - Mazes and Dazes

John Hooten jhooten at windstream.net
Fri Oct 1 05:55:52 CEST 2010

      As is proper for a bodyguard, Raban constantly scans for trouble,
looking at anyone who is acting a little odd.
     "You too need to keep watch for those who would be foolish enough
to try to kidnap a noble child. Even from such a guardian as myself.
There will be an outbreak of criminal activity due to this pulling the
city guard away from their rounds. Fake cries for help, especially from
children, is a likely ploy to use. It will give itself away because it
will not start until you are closer as they do not want to draw the
wrong people. A run away pet is another such ploy, one released once you
are close. They will use a spotter for such timing and that could be
anyone. If they are stupid they will use a ploy designed to draw men
away from crowds. A women or such a one in trouble of some sort.
Normally, I allow myself to fall for such acts, simply because the bait
used is often in need of real help. We cannot afford such troubles right
now. Fortunately only a large group would try to assault us and that we
should spot first. The only serious threat is archers, they could ruin
my clothes again!"