[pnpgm] Game update #83b - File #683 - Arawn's actions in barn

Scott Adams longshot at cybermax.net
Tue Mar 30 20:38:44 CEST 2010

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  ...Thomas.Magann.........Whitney...........Scholar.Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Whitney    aka Whitney       as Herbalist/Tailor    [F]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Baron Noble         [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at cybermax.net

     Game Update #83b in sequence (file #683)

     Admin Notes: Beware of evil GMs.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
        GM: Ack. Got it will include in next update on leaving UFO.

         [Julis 26th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains, Shantou Province]
         [          20 Miles south of Shantou City       ]
         [          Old Shantou Carnival Grounds         ]

         [Time: 2:27:39pm - 2:27:54pm]

           Arawn wonders how the Vong targeted him.  He can't be seen
         can he?  He wonders if their eyes are better suited for such
         invisible methods?  But his high intelligence quickly kicks
         in and he realizes that when he fell he made a target of himself.
         Something came through either visible or not.  They would
         home in on that.  Then when he was on his back the dust ,wood
         chunks and dirt would have landed on his invisible stomach and
         legs bouncing up and down as he breathed and moved.  The debris
         would've have floated as if by magic on their own.  A very
         hard thing to avoid when you don't expect it.  So he quickly
         dusts himself off knowing this is a easy "see me" sign to the Vong.
         It would be like walking in a desert invisible and leaving tracks.
         Of course even magic has ways to avoid that like dis-track.

           Arawn considers his options.  If he becomes solid again those
         nasty bugs could come after him again.  But he can't cast other
         magic while the shadow warrior is active.  At least not through
         his normal wizardry training.  But he also has a powerful combat
         spell active and it would be a waste not to use.  Soon he hears
         the swarm calm down when they exited the hole.  Then for some reason
         they buzz even louder for some reason and zoom up and away.  He
         isn't sure why but maybe they are going after the party?

           Arawn concentrates knowing he needs to end the insubstantial
         spell to act.  He draws on his being as an Alfar and the utter
         connection to the gods themselves for help.  The Vong warrior over
         him swings down toward the floor previously and the ampistaff
         goes through him shifting the dust and hay straw a bit.

           Arawn finishes his concentration and becomes solid again.  By
         now the debris had fallen through him but the weight of his
         now solid body makes the floor groan suddenly.  He sighs hoping
         not to crash through again.  But a roof is far less supported
         than this floor so he doubts he will.  Arawn quickly gets to
         his fact, glances right at the shadow warrior and then back at
         the Vong facing his  general direction.  Arawn raises his buckler
         to prepare for blocking strikes.

           Arawn then stands in a martial arts unarmed combat stance.
         his sword is sheathed but he prefers to use the power of the
         Fist of the Seirim to help him.  His hand is as if made of
         solid iron and hard as a anvil.  He feels strong through the
         magic of the Seirim.  Actually he feels strong but he knows he
         is losing energy as well as long as the Seirim connection is
         in place.  Arawn thrusts out wildly to the Vong with his
         "iron" Seriim right hand.  The Vong brings up his left arm
         though to block and Arawn's fist hits in the arm for a minor
         wound.

           The Vong thrusts at Arawn but fails to hit the Druid.

           The other Vong warrior swings on the shadow creature but
         fails to hit the odd being.

           The Shadow Warrior punches the Vong warrior in the east
         and hits in the chest but the heavy Crab Armor protects the
         being from harm.

           Arawn tried another punch at the Vong in front of him.
         This time the fist goes just between his arm and body and
         fails to make contact.

           The Vong warrior thrusts at Arawn and his ampistaff hits the
         Alfar's buckler and blocks the strike.

           The other Vong thrusts at the shadow creature's heart and
         hits him doing a minor wound which in this case takes a big
         of its "shadow" away in the process.  As wafts of black-grey
         smoke like mist leave the creature's form.

           The Shadow Creature swings but the blow goes so wild the
         creature almost twirls himself around in the massive failure
         to hit the Vong.  The stupid being would lose his hands if
         he had any in the fumble.

           Suddenly Arawn becomes visible to the world.  The Vong's
         eyes enlarge in surprise and rage.

           As Arawn goes for another thrust he notices a slight twinge
         in mana-energy to the west.  Its faint and he doesn't see
         anything or know that it is Will coming through the floor.

           Arawn punches again and hits the Vong in the right shoulder
         doing a minor wound.  Arawn knows this will be a long fight.

           Both Vong continue their attacks but both fail to hit the
         Alfar and Shadow being.

           The shadow creature fails to move the Vong back or hit the
         warrior again.

           Arawn punches the Vong warrior again in the left arm as
         he bring sit up doing a good 10 point wound almost making
         his left arm limp.

           Both Vong fail to strike back and hit in return to the Alfar
         and shadow creature.

           The Shadow creature punches at the Vong and hits but fails
         to penetrate his armor.

           Arawn punches again at the warrior who pulls his right arm
         up and the fist hits there doing a massive 9 point blow to
         the Vong's arm.

           The Vong Arawn just hit is weak.  his arms slump down
         and he staggers back a bit obviously weak now and hurt.  With
         a final gush of adrenaline the Vong warrior raises his both
         weak and damaged arms and growls in anger.  He hits Arawn's
         shield but the buckler blocks any damage.

           The other Vong swings on the shadow creature and hits in the
         chest doing a minor 2 point wound.

           The shadow creature punches back and hits in the chest
         but his crab armor protects against the strike.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Sooner than you think...

         GM: Just a supplement update to get Arawn's actions through.  Will I will
             email you this afternoon/tonight at the very least (after Lost/V) what
             you see.  So should have info by time go to bed.   Nothing changes
             below except for the 2nd floor map.

         GM: You are now visible and solid.  You are hurting the warrior
             and both arms are weak.  He might not be able to last long
             as a weapon user.  He is also hurt but he other Vong is
             strong and the shadow creature is slightly wounded.  The
             shadow creature hasn't had a chance to move the Vong
             backwards.  So the map below hasn't changed.

         GM: Will - Something may have changed in the 5th phase.  I will
             email you the details.  I think I forgot to recast
             your levitate so may have to recast it on the 2nd floor.
             What I need to do in the future is put in my timeline
             of events "2:27:13 - Recast spell X" I will do that for
             future things.  I do look ahead to see when spells end
             but I see the Levitate ends next phase.  So likely would
             not have seen the first floor.  But will email you details.

         GM: Heading to Barn or UFO:

             To Barn - All Facing West
                Chion, Kell, Strie'bog, Unali

             To UFO - Facing North more or less
                Ben'dar, Fremea, Raban, Z'leyra, Kiet, Farseeker, Caladan

             At Barn -
                Will    - ground floor of barn
                Arawn   - 2nd floor
                Z'leyra - Above 100' roof

         GM: Current position details -

             Horseback - Caladan, Chion, Kell, Strie'bog, Unali
             In Wagon  - Zhou
             On Ground - Fremea, Raban, Fremea, Farseeker, Ben'dar, Kiet
             On Wagon  - Whitney
             In Air    - Z'leyra [100 feet up]
                       - Will    [above first floor barn]
             Sole Horse- Raban, Z'leyra's following behind
             In Barn   - Arawn  [2nd floor]

             Barn to Kell     -   690 feet         6-7
             Barn to Wagon    - 1,400 feet         5

         GM: Player map of Carnival area

             Below is only a rough estimate of position.  Since each
             space is a 40 footx40 foot area the exact point is misleading
             on the map.

             Zoomed in area Map
             1 Row    = 40 feet
             1 Column = 40 feet

                1         2         3         4         5         6
       123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
       ______                                                      J
      [     ]                                                      K
      [ B   ]                                                      L
      [ A   ]                            Wagon>#@<- UFO, Raban     M
      [ R   ]            Kell>K    PP               Fremea         N
      [ N   ]                     Party             Ben'dar        O
      [    W]                                       Caldan         P
      [_____]                                       Farseeker      Q

         # - Wagon   [N41]    K - Kell    [N34]    @ - UFO   [M42]
         B - Ben'dar [M42]    F - Fremea  [M42]    R - Raban [M42]
         W - Will    [Barn]   Z - Z'leyra [Barn]
         P - Party   [N34-351 - In that area]

         Chion, Strie'bog, Unali are all between Kell and the wagon.
         Not placed on map

         GM: Barn Map - 300 feet by 300 feet x 22 feet high

             1 Column = 10 feet
             1 Row    = 10 feet

             [Bottom level]

            [Roof Level]

                        1         2         3
               123456789012345678901234567890
               ______________________________
             !I                              I
             BI                              I  1 = Vong #1
             CI    2                         I  2 = Vong #2
             DI                              I  W = Will [Generic location
             E[              o               ]      has to move about or
             F[      ....                    ]      levitte ends so a square
             GI    ..     ...           W..  I      around the Vong]
             HI        Z                ...  I  o - Hole Arawn made
             II      .     ..           ... 1I  Z - Z'leyra 100' up
             JI       ..                     I      invisible
               ------------------------------

             . = Swarm of insect/bugs and where the Hole is partially
                 represented.

            [Top level]

                        1         2         3
               123456789012345678901234567890
               ______________________________
             !I                              I  [, [ = Loft Window
             CI                              I  ##   = Cabinets
             DI``                            I  @@   = Pully/wench
             E[             VA               ]
             F[                   WV         ]  V = Vong Warrior
             GI@                            @I  A = Arawn [Insub]
             HI                              I  W = Shadow Warrior
             II                              I
             JI                              I