[pnpgm] Game update #77 - File #650 - UFO Combat starts

John Hooten jhooten at windstream.net
Tue Mar 9 20:35:18 CET 2010

<My comment was the battlemind spell gives a major bonus to hit, as such
it needs major limits on its use. Keeping inside the area is one
limiting factor. Raban could use that bonus right now...

[Rabans plans: Cast Archery Powers-multiarrow at max El(check whether 3
or 4 as my sheet is confused) close to when the UFO will move to 600
feet (max longbow).
[Then fire arrows every phase as it gets closer. Even at the 600 feet he
has a fair chance of a hit and it improves quickly.
[math check:
60(.4),51(.8),42(1.2),33(1.5),24(1.6),15(2.4),6(3),-3(3.4)=about 14 hits
of which about 3 are serious or better? (assuming El3 and it comes
straight at him)
[He is better off skipping the 600' but likely he does not know that
help me protect my friends in this time of need and guide my Arrows so
they strike True."
Since he has been left behind this is a good choice for at least ketching up

[And once it gets very close Raban may try to grab onto the horns and
beat it up that way. Of course with it that fast such a grab will be tricky.

Raban sighs as the others move differently than he expected and leave
him behind.
Watching the UFO it is clear it could fly all the way back to where he
is, but it may change course.
He quickly decides he would protect others better being closer to them,
so he runs toward the wagon and takes to the Air. [At least he will fly
closer to the wagon before doing the above plans.]

<GM gets to decide whether he must be on the ground for the spells and
bow shooting since I do not know for sure how flying affects that.>