[pnpgm] Game Update #76 - File #633 - A bird or a marble? Kell's reactions to the flying marble

Mark love_to_travel_mark at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 21:28:46 CET 2010

[I have way too much to say/think about this, so I'll try to keep it brief.  Let me sum up...  Or not.    And I got the reference in your last post, just didn't have a reason to respond.  Waiting for something from Zhou's call.]

As Ha'Kell watches the flying elephant-sized monstrosity angle around, he gets his shield and sticks on his helmet.  Thinking this can't be good, not at all, and his thoughts are confirmed when the MFD [Mean Flying Device. Get your minds out of the gutter.] shoots fire.

He immediately kicks his horse into a gallop, the half-elf pushing his horse as hard and fast as he can heading for where he saw the MFD take off, the stable.  Thinking maybe there is more there, and knowing his ranged weapon won't be much use on that fast target.  If it's a Vong creation magic could be near useless, if not downright catastrophic to the caster.

If he heard Raban, Kell calls, "No idea. I assume it is Vong though!"
Calling out to all who can hear, "I'm checking if there is something controlling it from where it took off!" as his hair streams behind his helmeted head.  Seriously wishing he had a faster horse, and also pondering the need to get a warhorse very soon since his tired old riding horse won't cut it in battle.  The half-elf keeps an eye on the MFD as well, trying to avoid it or at least use his shield if he thinks fireballs are coming to him.

[Scott, what are your rules for casting magic from horseback while galloping?  Is it possible?  What are the penalties?]