[pnpgm] Game Update #96 - File #755 - Riders approach Zhou

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Tue Jun 1 08:39:36 CEST 2010

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  ...Thomas.Magann.........Whitney...........Scholar.Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Whitney    aka Whitney       as Herbalist/Tailor    [F]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Baron Noble         [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at cybermax.net

     Game Update #96 in sequence (file #755)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions/Slings]
          Dudes and dudettes,

          You should check out the vids on youtube with folks using ancient-
          style slings...one guy whips it around and the sling cracks like a
          whip.  One guy with a long sling was putting it thru a metal
          door...like a roll-up door.
          VERY instructive
          -------------------

          Great...just great.  I don't know what's going on behind me and I
          don't know who this is coming to me.  Top that off with a couple
          of Vong racing toward us.  The only thing missing is a covention
          of flying monkeys coming to join the party.

          Kiet will set the brake and wrap the reins.  After that he will
          slide down off the wagon on the LEFT side of the wagon with some
          rope..  It will be more difficult for the riders, if using swords,
          to reach me here with them.  Hope they don't have lances.  Anyway,
          if they do make hostile moves (like taking a swing or poking a
          lance at me), then Kiet is gonna roll under the wagon, and try
          to avoid their weapons.

          Whadda revoltin' development
        GM: Ack. I had my sling phase as a kid for about a week.  Then
            got tired of it.  I saw some show years ago about slings
            and ancient tribes using them and they measured the speed and
            force which could be as good as modern weapons in some ways.

        From Raban: [Re: Blessing]
          Raban faces something he has never needed to do before...
          Finding Z'leyra he asks "Z'leyra, do I need to dispel my....

          <Is dispel of your own spells automatic? If not this could be a
          problem. And do you really need to use dispel or is that just the
          wording used? Considering not all get dispel this could be
          important ;)
        GM: Ack. Not automatic.  But personal MDV does help to reduce the
            chance of failure (-mdv to roll).  It also depends on the
            spell some are simply negated by thought, some by Will and
            most need to be dispelled.  So depends on the spell.  I believe
            Bless needs to be dispelled.  Of course if you don't HAVE the
            dispel spell then someone will have to do it for you. :)

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea will fly up to the top of the building and land there
          (need some idea of what it looks like).

          If the roof is flat with a lip, she will lay down on it and wait
          to see what happens. Her bow ready for her to use if need be.

          If the roof is slant with tile, she will get up to the top and
          hide on the other side of the middle section for protection and
          again wait.
        GM: Ack.  Sniper Faerry!

        From Will: [Re: Actions]
          Assuming he can observe the approach of the Vong and the
          riders... Will says "Unali we need a plan!"

          For now he will take up a position in the widow with his bow and
          wait. If the window does not give him a view and a good shot then
          he will climb on the roof.  I think it has already been asked but
          what kind of roof is this?

          He is thinking to himself that if the Vong are running away from
          them then that may be a good sign.  Of course if things go as
          they have so far they may try and arrest us for hunting demons
          out of season.  If they are on the side of the Vong and they are
          only leading them to us there is still only 14 of them.  Still
          having a backup plan like staying close to Chion may not be a
          bad idea. He's also working on a good story.

          OOC:  Did we ever get our bounty hunting license and does that
          apply to demons like the ones we just interrupted in there
           nefarious dark magics?
        GM: Ack. Forgot to describe roof in clarification post.  Remind
            me if I forget stuff like that.  I thought I covered it all
            in the quick post.

        From Raban: [Re: Blessing]
          <Raban does have a problem then. I would assume he rushes back
          inside to warn the others and some time after that realizes his
          Bless could be a risk to everyone and asks Z for advice. Problem
          is Raban has to weight that risk as dispelling a blessing of his
          goddess is quite serious. Worse it is possible they do not have
          the magic detectors and he could have dispelled it with no
          reason. SO I expect he will ponder things quite some time, but
          in the end decide even damning himself would be a cheap cost for
          saving everyone else. He would hope the consequences are not
          quite that severe.
        GM: Ack.

        From Will: [Re: Suggestion to Raban]
          [*** Raban quote deleted for space ***]

          Maybe he could just stay out of sight until we determine if they
          are hostile.  So far most of the detection we have encountered
          seems to have been line of sight.   If they are searching for an
          active spell a lookout such as Freimiea could signal you.  If they
          do turn out to be belligerent another signal could be the cue to
          come out fighting in which case the bless could be quite useful.
        GM: Ack.

        From Kiet: [Re: Slings]
          http://journalofasianmartialarts.com/cms2/images/stories/sample_
          articles/Academic-RD.pdf [URL cut in half but piece together]

          It's an intellectual examination of sling use...very facinating.
        GM: Ack. Cool stuff.

        From Will: [Re: Clarification]
          So if I'm following the map the clarifications and the sequence
          of events the Vong are in plain sight of the riders though not on
          an intercept course.  By the time we are alerted to the situation
          they may well be about half way to wherever they are each going.
          We should get to see the reaction of the riders to the Vong and
          the Vong to the riders which should give us some indication of
          which way things are going to go. st
        GM: Ack.  Yes.  BTW didn't mention which window first or second
            floor.  I assume second since would be a height advantage.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn's eyes narrow as he catches sight of both the riders and
          the    Vong. The sight of one Vong chasing the other was both
          odd and seemed    to click with an idea that had slipped into his
          thoughts at sight of the odd growths within the woman. Though it
          could be just an issue of torture it seemed to him that they were
          growing something within her, a tool perhaps like the orbs and
          amphistaffs, or else transforming her into something other than
          human. If so, then the one Vong could be a transformed human,
          perhaps with some semblence of human personality intact. It was
          an exotic idea but one he was hoping to find an answer to.

          As for the riders, they could have been drawn by chance or the
          use of    magic but the path they chose seemed to be in the rough
          direction of the building holding that held the two Vong. Perhaps
          they were agents working for Nom?

          Hoping to alert the party but unsure if the battle was over he
          turned to Zhou.

          "Keep an eye on the woman and get her in the wagon if the ....
          With that he mounted his horse, calling out to Kiet,
          "Can you help Zhou with the baroness?"

          With that he turned, hoping that Zhou would alert Kiet to the
          new    arrivals, and rode hard toward the house. Slowing down
          as he neared    the entrance (about 30 feet) he listened for
          sounds of battle before  calling out,

          "We have Katai riders and two Vong in the distance!"

          [Scott, if Arawn can see that party members outside still and it
          seems like the battle is over then he'll ask Zhou to alert the
          party instead  while he tends to the woman. He'll use Mana
          Sense/Mana Reading to guage  her aura and the implants as well.
          If the riders or Vong get too close  he'll help move the woman
          into the wagon.]
        GM: Ack. Are the maps that hard to figure out?  The Riders came
            from the NW and Vong from East.  Two different directions.
            Riders didn't come from anywhere but north of the fairgrounds.
            Your a bit far from the wagon about 50 feet so would need
            to carry her to it.

         [Julis 26th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains, Shantou Province]
         [          20 Miles south of Shantou City       ]
         [          Old Shantou Carnival Grounds         ]

         [Time: 2:38:50pm]

           In the caretaker house Unali checks the female Vong to ensure
         she is dead and she is.  One of the snakes on the headdress is
         still moving but a quick swipe with her dagger kills it.

           Outside on the field Arawn spreads his awareness upon the female
         noble.  Some like Zhou might get the feeling the Alfar is leering
         at the nude noble but the Druid is sensing for magic.  In fact
         he finds none from the implants or her being.  As one would
         suspect from previous information and examination of earlier
         bodies there are no magical auras present.

           Then Zhou alerts him to the newcomers on the field.

           Arawn finds it odd that two Vong would be coming this way
         up against a small force like his party when they could be
         mowed down by missile weapons alone.  But it seems the lead
         Vong is fleeing for some other purpose and the other is chasing
         that one down.  Desperation and anger seem to even cloud the
         judgement of the Vong.

           This brings a thought to his mind that maybe the first Vong is
         some kind of Vong-formed human.  Yet he seems to be wearing the
         same style of leathers and looks just identical to a Vong.
         he then glances to the female and wonders if she could be
         in the process of transformation into Vong by her coral like
         implants?

           Arawn then glances over his shoulder to the riders and finds
         this new event not good.  The wagon is a good 50 feet away and
         it could take time to get the noble into the wagon by carrying
         her or by his horse.  He glances to the house and sees the
         horses gathering around Tef'wo but no one outside.  There are
         no windows to this side so it wouldn't be known of he riders
         approach.  He decides they must be warned.

         [Time: 2:38:53pm]

           Kiet turns in the wagon seat and reaches up to the luggage
         area and grabs about 4 strips of rope.  He then sets the brake
         after securing the reigns.  Glancing at the Vong and then the
         riders he hops off to the left of the wagon.  From this side
         is seen by the riders, Arawn and Zhou but not the Vong
         though they have to have seen him before he left.

           Arawn looks at Zhou and quickly says, "Keep an eye on the woman
         and get her in the wagon if the riders or Vong get too close. I'll
         warn the others."

           Kiet quickly casts a spell and hopes it works.

           The Vong run around 200 feet closer toward the houses and wagon.

           The Riders approach the dead Vong near the front of the barn
         and suddenly stop with a puff of dust.  The Riders glance around
         at the carnage and the strange non human bodies.  A couple seem
         to point and speak.  They stare at the one with the messing head
         and are quickly talking among themselves.

           Inside the house Raban gets word the house is cleared and
         has no interesting going upstairs.  He doubts the stairs could
         even hold his weight they look rickety.  These Katai people
         are too small most being 5 feet or so at best or at worse
         shorter.  These houses aren't made for giants.  He tries to
         stay inside but soon finds it claustrophobic.  He soon leaves
         the house to check outside.

         [Time: 2:39:00pm]

           After telling Zhou his plan, Arawn leaves the gear including
         his healing kit and some minor other gear on the ground.  He
         mounts his horse.  He gallops off before Zhou can argue or
         object.

           Inside the house Unali is climbing down the stairs to the
         first floor when she is hit by a mental message.  "We have Katai
         riders and two Vong in the distance!"  The voice inside her
         head is that of Kiet's.

           Raban stretches his body and glances to the downed Vong
         outside to ensure none are just asleep.  But none seem to
         be moving.

           Inside Z'leyra is called upstairs to check out the male
         adult who is in the bed.  He seems in fair condition but
         Chion relays information about his body to her in case there
         is something drastic.  Pulse, eyes and other things are checked
         to ensure there are no hidden dangers.

           Arawn nears Kiet and stops his horse. "Can you help Zhou with
         the baroness?"  Without waiting for a reply or reaction Arawn
         then gallops off toward the house.

           Raban squints as he notices the two distant humanoids in the
         east.  Based on their dark brown clothing and grayish skull
         glints on their heads he quickly figures them to be Vong.  But
         the distance is a good half mile or so further away so details
         are rough.  As he turns north to go back inside he suddenly
         notices Arawn riding fast toward him.  Glancing further north
         he finally sees the riders.  They are all clumped up but looks
         to be half a dozen or so maybe more.  He wonders what could
         be going on now.

           Raban turns to rush into the house and knocks right into Caladan
         who is thrown back inside the front door and 3 feet inside from
         the massive wall thing that is Raban.  Raban frowns sheepishly to
         Caladan in apologize and enters a few feet into the house.

         [Time: 2:39:06pm]

           Raban quickly tells those on the first floor there are Vong
         and men on horses approaching.  But at that same time Unali's
         voice is raised to warn those on the first floor as well.
         Somehow she was warned at the same time.

           Those on the second floor hear Unali's voice and begin to
         move toward the stairs or windows.

           Farseeker finishes cleaning his sword with a rag he found in
         storage and sheaths it.  Hearing the news he wonders, "could they
         be magic hunters?"

           As Raban turns to head back outside it suddenly hits him.  Sure
         there was some magic used here today.  Numerous teleports, many
         insubstantials and levitates.  Not including that fire spell
         Kiet used and much more.  Could all this magic have been detected
         even after the group was warned not to use magic by the High
         Elder? Very possible, especially only a few miles south of the
         village at the bridge to Shantou.  At any one time the highway
         and river alone could see hundreds of people.  This is a desolate
         place out a couple miles away from the highway but its not
         a place too far from civilization.   He then realizes his Bless
         spell is still active.  it could endanger the party by being
         detected and tracked.
6
           Raban looks around.  Where is that shaman?  She needs to wear
         a cow bell or something to warn folks.  Last time he heard she
         was near the hallway and stairs.  Hoping she is there he speaks
         outloud.  "Z'leyra, do I need to dispel my Blessing before these
         Katai arrive? I have never tried to do that before, in a way it
         is sacrilegious too."

           Raban hears no reply and is unsure Z'leyra heard him or even
         if she is still inside.  Raban considers the spell and if it
         should be removed.  It isn't like a simple speed spell in
         need of removal but this is a spell special to him. It is
         almost a direct touch from his goddess to him.  Being a Bard he
         has to respect that and the wishes of the gods.  What would
         happen if he did remove it?  He should probably speak to Arawn
         about it maybe he knows.  But this is no time to speak to the
         Alfar now.  Arawn is a priest and he may just know the answer
         to these things.  Surely the goddess would understand if it
         meant endangering other lives to offend her just enough
         for that purpose.

           Zhou stands and covers the noble up with the blanket and
         her face.  If the Katai recognize her it could be very bad
         if they believe she was hurt by the party.  Then Arawn left
         before he could even get help with her.  Now the wagon is a good
         50 feet away and he hasn't the strength to carry her that far
         before the horses could be here.  He has no choice thanks to
         Arawn but to wait.  He turns to the wagon and waves.  "Kiet,
         can you bring the wagon here?"  He yells out toward the servant.

           Kiet facing south watching Arawn ride away hears Zhou or rather
         does he?  If he is forced to move that way he could be in harm
         there.  But he has to serve the noble Zhou but up against 12
         riders?  He turns to the wagon and pretends to inspect the axle
         as if he didn't hear Zhou as he considers his options - and hopes
         the party gets here before he has to move.

         [Time: 2:39:14pm]

           Caladan hears Raban and after regaining his footing turns to
         Raban. "If they are here to search the house is not a good place.
         Go outside and around the back you can hopefully avoid them and
         if need be fly to the roof."

           Raban hears this and it makes sense.  If they do a house
         and building search the house will be hard to hide someone
         like Raban.  but outside he can fly to another building and
         avoid them if need be.  But he doubt the roof would hold his
         weight but he could try.  Raban moves to the door as well as
         those on the first floor.

           Upstairs Will moves to the north east bedroom where the dead
         caretaker is.  He approaches the window and peers outside.  He
         sees the two Vong running east and north of him.  They are still
         a good half mile away or more.  But he can't see the riders.
         They must be to the north and his angle simply blocks that
         view.  He waits to see if Unali has a plan and if he can be
         used as sniper from this window.

           Ben'dar exits the house with Raban and Fremea behind him.
         Fremea uses the large frame of Raban to move to the south part
         of the house.  Raban uses the shadow of the house and the wall
         itself to slink toward the south edge of the house.  At this
         distance the riders likely won't know great details or know
         a giant is moving.  Soon Fremea rounds the corner and sprints
         to the air and lands onto the south edge of the roof.

           Ben'dar calls and mounts Tef'wo.

           Raban rounds the corner and breaths a sigh of relief as he moves
         west along the south wall.  He can hopefully hear and listen for
         a fight if need be.  He glances south but sees the buildings and
         no Vong that way.

           The roof of the caretaker house is mostly flat with a slight
         point just enough to draw rain down off the roof and to avoid
         snow build up.  The middle of the roof is where the tip goes
         up about 2.5 feet at a small angle.  The raised area is going
         north to south in the middle and the two slants go down west
         and east.  Fremea walks toward the middle of the roof and then
         kneels.  She begins to crawl to the north edge and then slowly
         move to the edge.  Placing her bow and arrows nearby east of her
         body so they don't roll west she lays on the west slant.  She
         can see Zhou and the riders good.

         [Time: 2:39:23pm]

           Arawn gallops up to the house about 30 feet from the front
         door.  By now Unali and some of the others have exited the
         house and are moving about.  Arawn quickly warns them by
         simply pointing and saying riders approach.  But Unali
         who has been warned already nods and moves toward one
         of the horses.

           By now the riders have moved beyond the carnage at the barn
         and rode quickly toward Zhou.  It only takes them a about 10
         or so seconds to approach them.  They arrive nearby just
         as Arawn arrives at the caretaker house.

           Those who watch the riders see them approach Zhou and
         remain about 5 feet in front of them.  Most can be seen
         to have swords but other weapons can't be seen at this distance
         in good detail.  Zhou and the riders begin to talk.  Zhou
         begins to raise a hand as he talks and shrugs.

           Ben'dar, Caladan, Chion, Farseeker, Kell, Strie'bog and Unali
         all mount their own or borrowed horses.  Whitney who left the
         wagon to run here finds himself without a mount and sighs.

           Ben'dar examines the new horses in the north and soon realizes
         they aren't combat oriented mounts they look to be nervous or
         bored simple riding mounts.  Combat mounts have that stern and
         muscled look to their heads. These look to be simple riding
         horses based on his quick observation.

           As those at the caretaker house turn horses around to face
         north and prepare to move out, Unali tells the others to
         head to the wagon.

           In the north suddenly Zhou steps back a foot as one horse
         approaches him.  The horse edges near and Zhou raises both
         hands and glances back at Kiet wondering why he hasn't come
         forward.  The rider dismounts and quickly takes a piece of rope
         and ties Zhou's hands together.  Those watching from the south
         know this situation is not going well.  Now the riders have a
         prisoner and their mission leader.

           Caladan speaks toward Unali's position, "they have taken
         Zhou apparently prisoner.  Do we attack to kill or subdue?"
         Of course he assumes the party will attack unless someone can
         come up with a good plan.  But they have appeared to be hostile.

         [Time: 2:39:33pm]

           Another rider dismounts and begins to walk toward the noble.
         The center rider then shouts some order and waves his head. The
         other ten riders soon gallop toward the caretaker house.

           There are two riders on the east side of the formation that are
         keeping an eye out on the wagon and the Vong.  Both men seem
         to be whispering to each other but it can't be heard what they
         are saying.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Friday...

         GM: I did about 43 as the situation seemed to deem it.  But
             now it is time for party reaction. I hope all had a good
             holiday.

         GM: I did a zoomed in map for more specific placement so folks
             don't get confused by the larger map.  The zoomed in map
             is accurate to within 5 feet.

         GM: Spells still active -

             Active spells - No other spells active.
               Raban   - Bless
               Z'leyra - Insubstantial, Levitate, Invisibility

    * Carnival Grounds layout

      Scale - 1 Column - 200 feet         /I\ North
              1 Row    - 200 feet

      Grounds shown below - 3300' x

               1         2         3         4         5         6
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345
     A     __________
     B     | Corral |                           Unknown
     C     |   C    |                              F
     D     |        |                 `
     E     |___/____|                     V
     F B                                V   <-Vong        .............
     G a>[A]
     H r [A]                    `     X     `
     I n
     J    E
     K     M <Horse group                      ____/_____
     L    G <--Cartaker house                  |        |
     M    H`         B                `        |   D    |
     N    I                                    |        |
     O                                         |________|

       X - Symbolic center of Carnival grounds
       ` \ Tent area boundary (open area)
       . = Dirt road going east to main Highway  (2.5 miles to highway)
       ` = Structure from ground up a few feet
       A - Barn     - 300' x ??? x 22' feet high
       B - Building -  50' x ???
       C - Area     -1600' x 800' [Horse Corral]
       D - Area     -1600' x 800' [Animal Corral]
       E - Office   - 100' x 100'
       F - Building -  50' x ???
       G - Caretaker-  65' x ??? x 22' feet high
       H = Building -  60' x ???
       I = Building -  45' x ???

       Building scale may be off actual scale slightly due to rounding.

       Notes: There are small foot dirt paths that lead from building to
       building.  There are signs of holes in the ground likely where
       torch stands have been at one point.

       Distance between actual buildings -

       A to E -  150 feet space
       E to G -  250 feet space
       G to H -  310 feet space
       H to I -  200 feet space

   Party positions - Big Map
     Zhou, Riders c. K6 [Actually between J/K at 150 from G]
     Wagon/Kiet - c. K7 roughly
     Vong       - F35, E37
     Party      - Inside House or L6 in front of it or on house

   GM: Zoomed in map -

         1         2         3         4
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123
 Building E
_______________I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  A    North /|\
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  B    1 hex = 10 feet
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  C    1 Row = 5 feet
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  D    1 Column = 5 feet
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  E
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  F    Building E = Office
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  G     A1-A16 and north of map
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  H
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  I    Caretaker house
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  J     z1-z16, aa1-aa16
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  K     and south of map
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  L
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  M    Raban on west side of
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  N    house around aa or bb
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  O    row about 1 hex to the
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  P    west.
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  Q
\__/  \__/  \__/  R__R  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  R
/  \__/  \__/  \RR/RR\RR/RR\__/  \__/  \__/  S
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  T
/  \__/  \__/  \__ROR\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  U
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  V
/  \__/  \__/  \__/N \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  W
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  X
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__K##\__/  \__/  Y
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \##/  \__/  \  Z
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  a
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  b
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  c
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  d
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  e
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  f
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  g
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  h
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  i
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  j
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  k
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  l   Fremea on roof
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  m   not shown on map at
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  n   22 feet up
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  o
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  p   Will on second floor
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  q   at east side of house
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  r   at window
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  s
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  t   Raban
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  u
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  v
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  w
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \  x
_______________\__/ U\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  y
\Caretaker  \__I  \__/A \__/  \__/  \__/  \  z
/  \House __/  IW_B KC_H/SG\__/  \__/  \__/ aa

         1         2         3         4
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123

   Positions of people/things
     Caretaker house Front door -  dd16 [Off map]
     Wagon                      -  Y/Z 32,33 hex [#]

     Arawn     - [A] [On horse]  [z 23]
     Ben'dar   - [B] [On horse]  [aa19]
     Farseeker - [F] [On horse]  [aa27]
     Caldan    - [C] [On horse]  [aa22]
     Chion     - [H] [On horse]  [aa24]
     Kell      - [K] [On horse]  [aa21]
     Strie'bog - [S] [On horse]  [aa26]
     Unali     - [U] [On horse]  [x 21]
     Whitney   - [W] [On foot]   [aa17]
     Kiet      - [K] [On foot]   [Y31 ]
     Zhou      - [O] [On foot]   [U 20]
     Noble     - [N] [On ground] [W 20]

     Fremea    - [F] [On roof]   [z  5] [Not shown]
     Will      - [W] [In house]  [bb14] [Not Shown]
     Z'leyra   - [Z] [In house]  [????] [Not shown]
     Raban     - [R] [On foot]   [aa ?] [Not shown]

     Riders    - [R] [On horse]  [R/S 17-27]
     Riders    - [R] [on ground] [U19, U21]

     Vong - Off map -  Some 2,760 odd feet to the north east of Wagon?