[pnpgm] Game Update #105 - File #825 - Debates nd Justice

John Stowman jorosto at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 20:51:46 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Scott Adams <longshotgm at netzero.com> wrote:

>          Farseeker shakes his head in disgust. "Divide and conquer
>         is as old as this empire.  The Vong will win if they divide
>         us.  The Katai will win if they do the same.  Together we
>         stand, divided we fall.  ."
>
>  There is paranoia and there is being
>         safe.  It is still good to have a sensing person like Kell out
>         front with Ben'dar fine.  He might be able to sense the obvious
>         things and react.  But even those things won't catch it all if
>         a group is clever.  We simply can't plan for it all.  I think
>         you guys are way over analyzing these things."

Sun Tzu says:

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be
victorious.

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without
strategy is the noise before defeat.

Strategically we must be united but tactics will often require that we
divide our forces to be able to surprise our enemy.  The more things we are
prepared for the fewer will surprise us.

The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands,
but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."

OOC:  Witness Salamis, Cannae, Tasimene

<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/suntzu384831.html>