[pnpgm] Game Update #104 - File #792 - Party leaves Fair grounds

John Hooten jhooten at windstream.net
Wed Jul 14 23:55:08 CEST 2010

     Raban sighs, "Even in Katai there are those who will try to ignore
and pretend not to see. Then there are those who for greed, malice or
fame will go out of their way to do what they think is needed. Put a
reward on someones head and many will seek it. Put a reward for
something unseen and someone will find it, even if it does not exist.
Even the slimmest evidence is enough to send many after the rewards but
there will also be those who hunt for other reasons. Those will torture
the innocent to find the guilty, or create them, as it is often the same
thing. The Fame seekers are the worst, they want more than capturing
mages, they want adulation for doing so and thus want the most fantastic
stories. They will not want any witness who would say otherwise..."
     "If they do bad things even for a good cause they deserve their
fates. If they choose to attack then they bear that risk too. Those that
act are not as innocent as those who do not, they have chosen their
paths and must face the consequences. But if we capture, torture and
execute them, how did we differ from them? We may try to stand on the
moral ground that we are trying to save them, but it becomes slippery
with their blood. Punish the guilty, kill the enemy, but try to let the
other idiots survive to learn from it.
     "I have lost to those who do not care about any life other than
their own. I have killed those before and accomplished nothing doing so.
It is the ones who give them orders, who hire them who are truly at
fault, should I hunt them in turn? You would be amazed at the damage you
do to innocents when you try to do that. Still it may be worth it to fix
things."