[pnpgm] Game Update #104 - File #792 - Party leaves Fair grounds

Mark love_to_travel_mark at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 00:04:32 CEST 2010

[Hey everyone, thanks for thoughts/prayers/well-wishes.  Life has been both very
good and kicking me hard and repeatedly in the teeth.  As of now (I thought last
week, sigh) I am back, which also means that Kell is back.  Sorry for lack of
response.  I've talked w/ some in email and will gladly tell anyone else who
asks about life.

I'm not adding to older posts although I had a few ideas as reading.  Just from
here forward.  On I go!  :)  ]

Bounty Hunter Horses - Kell thinks we take them with us and then either release
them after a few hours, or sell them in the next town to the south.

Rua - Kell was open to whatever for the vong, but leaned towards letting him
live and trying to take him with us.  Sadly that choice was taken away from the
group when his head exploded.

Detector at the bridge - No need to go back there now, the group should not be
going north again.  Although finding a real one to study could be a big, big
help. Kell will volunteer to ride hard and fast with Ben'dar and one other to
find the detector and steal it, then meet the main group as they ride south.
Kell really likes this idea, having a detector would help a lot.  He'll argue,
er, try to persuade people for this.

Overall Impressions/talking while riding out of the fairgrounds - Ha'Kell is
even more worred after hearing Rua explain how much inflitration the Vong have
on our world.  The half-elf was somewhat stunned listening to the Vong,
explaining his uncharacteristically quiet during the last half hour.  Now he is
done digesting these and of course has some ideas.

He suggests trying to inform the High Elder of the status, so he can begin
searching the Dark Lands just in case.  The same with Marentia as this party
knows many people in high places.  Then again, we can wait a bit longer until we
know more.  No use crying "Wolf" unless we can say more.

Any possible assault on a large, fortified mountain may require additional help
for the group.  Kell has a friend in Ba'Ru that is excellent, but need a way to
get him here.  Again, this can be a wait and see if we need more fighters.
Possibly we must hire some mercenaries, or inform the Katai to get official
help.

Kell is very concerned that the Vong are so entrenched according to Rua. He
hopes it was a lie to distract us.

Possible idea to stop the invasion - close the gateway, whatever it is and
however possible.  This seems the best, quickest way.  Without it, the invation
cannot happen.

Speed-  Since we have a great idea where the mountain is, and magic has already
been detected, can we teleport the group closer to save time?  Arwen Translocate
several times to find a good arrival spot, take Chion there, then Chion and
Arawn can move the group between Teleport and Translocate.  Time seems very
critical to Kell now.  He is obviously shaken at all of Rua's information.

[Dang that was good role-playing, wasn't it?  :)  Ok, I may go back and change
it to Kell's words.  sigh.  trying to get caught up.]

[Yes, I should be back to full force for posting now.  Poor you all!]