[pnpgm] Game Update #103

john haight sang_real at msn.com
Sun Jul 11 22:12:44 CEST 2010

   Arawn's eyes watered as he knelt by Rua's lifeless body. He looked back over his shoulder to the others.

   "He refused to torture the children. That's why they imprisoned him... why he's dead now," he said in a low and somber voice.

   He looked at the other Vong remains.

   "He deserves something better than a mass burial with the other Vong. Chion, if you know a good place to lay him I would appreciate it. If not, then I will stay just long enough to bury him or start a funeral pyre and let him burn before riding to catch up to the group."

   Still kneeling, Arawn says a quiet prayer over Rua's body. He wondered if his spirit would make it back to his gods and, if it did, how would it be received. It seemed at least some of the gods were darkly aspected but Rua's tale led Arawn to believe that not all of them were. Still, he remained unsure as to whether Rua's spirit would reject the Vong afterlife and asked Morrigan and Payan for their guidance, to see if they would offer him safe passage to a place of peace if such lay within their hearts.

   Arawn listened as Fremea, Kiet, and Will discussed the potential fate of the Katai soldier.

   "I think it would be best if he is simply teleported away along with the corpses. It would be a more humane option," finding it odd to use the obviously racist phrase. "He is helpless at the moment, to kill him now would be a stain on our souls."

   Arawn backs Zhou's view in regards to a stealthy return to the magical detector site.

   "I'd have to agree with Zhou on this. It seems far too risky at the moment. Even if we move on and some return to the site later it could be dangerous. By the time anyone teleports back it will likely have a new set of eyes watching it. It might not be worth the risk. Likely we'll run into another on our journey and hopefully we can secure it then."

   Arawn speaks quietly with Z'leyra and Zhou as they discuss the baroness.

   "I'll ride in the carriage. It'll give me the opportunity to respond quickly if she suddenly takes a turn for the worse."

[At the moment Z'leyra cannot do anything for the patient other than what her healing skills allow.

She doesn't <yet> have Regeneration. She ponders the possibility of cutting out the growth and having someone cast Regeneration immediately. Regarding Arawn casting Wisdom to seek an answer...After mana recovery in the morning Z'leyra can assist with the purification...She does have it at a very high EL. And could cast luck...]

   If the baroness survives until morning Arawn will accept Z'leyra's offer of magical assistance before casting Wisdom. But if the baroness takes a sudden turn for the worse before then Arawn is willing to cast Regrowth and Healing Mist on the baroness if Z'leyra decides that she needs to operate immediately.

   Arawn will go along with the suggestion and speak with the horses, telling them that they are free now and to run toward the mountains in the west.