[pnpgm] Game Update #135 - File #980 - More entry into tavern

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Fri Dec 3 20:59:10 CET 2010

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Baron Noble         [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #135 in sequence (file #980)

        From Will: [Re: Actions]
          Will waits a moment to see if Fremea will respond."A arranged...

          OOC:  What are the other buildings around the tavern.  Do they
          look occupied abandoned or otherwise possible locations to hide
          or observe the tavern and street?

          Since Kell seems to be doing OK Will will help the man on the
          ground up and across the street to where he left Kiet. As he does
          he will look at the other buildings on the street for a possible
          refuge. If any body approaches or challenges him he will say he
          is just helping his friend who had to much to drink find his way
          home.   If he can find a safe place perhaps in a building out of
          the way he might be able to arouse the man and ask some questions
          that might be helpful.

          When he sees Kiet he whispers "lets find some place off the street"
               -----------------------------------
          Whoops should have checked my spelling/wording more carefully.  Oh
          well
               -----------------------------------
          Proof read before posting...    Proof read before posting...
          Proof read before posting...
        GM: Ack. Descriptions of the layout and buildings were done twice
            in previous updates.  But I'll do it yet again.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          <OOC- RL is finally not in the way :)>

          As Will drags the unconscious man out of the alley, she waits to
          see if anyone else comes out to stop him. If not, then she will
          wait for a few seconds more and try to open the window or at least
          see if someone is still in the room, since she heard a door open
          and close and no more voices at all. If she can get in the room
          then she will find a place to hid for a couple of seconds before
          moving around the room to see what is in it.

         [Augado 5th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Pamau Province, Pamau City]

         [Time: 10:37pm]

           Fremea watches as the scene with Kell goes down wondering why in
         the world he would risk himself like that. Not like she was not
         safe or couldn't even get away creating distractions. Damn him for
         doing this. She might have learned something from these fools.
         Well, now he is inside and she has no idea what is going to happen,
         however she has to get as much info first before doing something
         to help him out.

           As she listens to the muffled words coming from behind the
         window, she hears Will ask as question. Quickly and quietly she
         replies, "Nothing with so many interruptions." She then listens
         more, though not hearing much.

           Will waits a moment to see if Fremea will respond.  "An arranged
         signal might be a good Idea"

           Will leaves the window and kneels to examine the guy Kell felt
         was a good way into the tavern.  He inspects the man's clothing
         but finds nothing of value.  The guy is average build and will be
         out for some time.  Will shakes his head in dismay that the guy
         doesn't even have a weapon to defend himself.  Why would a guy
         enter a dangerous place without being able to defend themselves?

           Will glances around the dark alley.  Being so dark one can barely
         see a few feet in any direction much less hundreds of feet down
         the alley.  But based on the previous recon report of Unali and
         Fremea there are no other doors inside the tavern but the back door
         near the outhouse.

           Will does a fireman grip and brings the limp body of Zep up.  He
         then attempts to drag the man toward the edge of the alley.  Glancing
         left and right he ensures no one is around beside the lone horse
         at the front door.  Once ensure no one is watching he crosses the
         street toward Kiet in the south alley.

           When he sees Kiet he whispers "lets find some place off the
         street"

           Kiet glances around and knows the alley is off the street.  If
         one were to go elsewhere they'd have to likely break into a store
         to hide out in.

           Inside Unali stands in the hallway as she hears the two men leave
         this floor it seems.  They were in quite a hurry it seems.  One
         man comes fast then leaves.  Two more leave and the guard remains.
         Unali listens for a few long moments to ensure no one else is in
         the area.

           Outside Fremea watches as Will drags the man across the street
         not knowing what the woodsman has in mind.  Shrugging she eases
         her way toward the window.  She listens for a few moments but
         hears nothing inside.  She is sure she heard a door close a minute
         earlier.  But she isn't sure if there is still someone inside.

           Though her perch on the ledge is good for her feet it still is
         small for maneuvering even for her tiny body.  She can't just twist
         and with her front to the window just look inside.  She has to
         bend at the knees and look upside down into the curtains.

           The curtains to the room are a tan brown and they show orange from
         candle light inside.  Normally can see shadows moving inside if
         a person was just beyond but nothing shows up.  After a few
         moments she tries the window.  It is cracked open slightly and she
         squeezes a finger just under the windowsill.  Lifting it makes
         a slight noise and she pauses.  No one comes to the window to check
         the noise which is another good sign.  Lifting the window further
         she parts the curtain and looks inside.

           Indeed Fremea finds a office of typical layout with desk and
         chairs inside.  But as suspected there is no one inside.  They
         have all fled the room for some reason.  Quickly raising the
         window fully she makes her way inside folding her wings to make
         quick entry.

           Peering around there is little to hide behind so she lowers the
         window and makes her way toward the desk to hide underneath it.

           Fremea peeks over the edge of the desk and glances around the
         room.  The office is about 52 by 50 feet or so a small office
         for what sounded like the office for the boss.  To the right
         on the north wall is a soft looking couch with satin cushions
         and pillows.  To the left of the couch on the north wall is
         a small bookcase with 4 shelves.  There are several books,
         scrolls and minor figurines in the bookcase.  There are two
         chairs in front of the desk with soft satin luxury style
         cushions.  In the south west corner behind the chairs near
         the door is a small table with a candle stand, scrolls and
         small books of some sort.

           The desk itself is a nice oak treated wood with a central
         drawer and 3 side drawers.  On top of the desk are the typical
         ink, quills, papers, calendar, ledger and assorted documents of
         some fashion.

            Fremea remains under the desk to ensure no one else comes into
         the room for the next few moments.

         [Time: 10:38pm]

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Monday...

         GM: Very small update.  Time ran out to do a more details
             update due to late start.  But we progressed a minute
             ahead.  Will give folks a chance to catch up and reply.
             Not one of my best but brain power low and tired.  This
             is my last late night thursday for this year.  So will
             make updates a bit harder but we'll push through.

         GM: Will descriptions of the layout and all that was done in
             the first 2 updates arriving on scene.  I suggest gong
             back to those updates to get a more detailed explanation.
             Since Unali and Fremea did a full recon and reported into
             you guys you know these details.  So that I don't repeat
             things (more work and I'm too lazy when it was posted in
             the past updates) I'll just do a minor rehash.  If I repeat
             things too many times details get wrong and errors occur.

             Tavern is 3 stories.  All other buildings in immediate area
             are 2 stories.  Building to right is butcher shop.  Building
             to south is factory style place.  Other buildings are shops
             of various style.  Fremea used Butcher shop to watch Tavern
             for some time.  Alley around tavern is clean and clear.  Only
             two doors to tavern front and back.  Outhouse around back.
             Since the shops are facing south this means the front of the
             shops are south.  So the factory style manufacturing building
             to the south has no doors to the rear.  You'd have to break
             into the front to gain entry.  All stores are closed as
             reported previously this time of night.  The place is deserted.
             No lights no sign of activity in other buildings.  So there
             are windows in the factor facing the tavern to the north
             but would have to break into the place.  The other buildings
             left and right (butcher) face south.  Some have windows on
             the side but would also have to break into those shops to
             hide in thsse places.  Otherwise would have to just remain in
             the alley to the south.  Due to time 10 min before I need
             to spell check this update I don't have time to cut/paste
             the details on the buildings from previous update.  If still
             need them I can try to repeat them in the next update.  The
             maps should also give a rough idea of what's around.

         GM: Map of third floor updated.

         GM: See map for changes and notes on current positions.

 * Roof/Aerial view

   Scale = 1 Row    = 10 feet  [Roof - 200'x100']
           1 Column =  4 feet
   North /I\

         1         2         3         4         5         6         7
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
___      ____________________/______________________________     _____B
U I      I                                                 I     I B  C
nBI      I       [X]                                       I     I u  D
kuI      I     Roof Hatch                                  I     I t  E
niI      I                                                 I     I c  F
olI      I                                                 I     I h  G
wdI      I                     Tavern                      I     I e  H
niI      I                  PB Base [ 3 stories]           I     I r  I
 nI      I                                                 I     I    J
 gI      I                                                 I     I    K
__I      I_____________________/___________________________I     I____L
Street --->                                                          N
___      ___________________________________________________     _____P
BAI      I [2 stories]          Rear of place              IX    I BB Q
  I      I           manufacturing/Industrial Factory      I     I    R

 BA/BB = Unknown small shops [Rear]
 All other buildings around are 2 stories.
 Roof of PB base is empty aside from roof hatch and some minor vents
 and chimney areas.

 Front door - J32, Back Door - B30 [First floor but noted on top level
 for reference point)

  X  Q61 Kiet and Will.

 * Third Floor

   Scale = 1 Row    = 10 feet  [Roof - 200'x100']
           1 Column =  4 feet
   North /I\

         1         2         3         4         5         6         7
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
___      ___________________________________________________     _____B
U I      Ioo  @@I     I        I                           |     I B  C
nBI      |o    @I     I        I                           I     I u  D
kuI      Io    @I     I        I                           |     I t  E
niI      Io    @I__/__I        I____/_____I  I__           I     I c  F
olI      |@    @I     I______/_I             ______________I     I h  G
wdI      I@    @I ___/________ _____G/_____  I  ```  [====]I     I e  H
niI      |___/__I I          I I          I  I     *       |     I r  I
 nI      I________I          I I          I  /        #*   |     I    J
 gI      |                   IUI__________I  I $$$ *  #F   |     I    K
__I      I___________________I_______________I___________@@I     I____L

  Legend
    I or _ = Wall       / = Door   . or | = Window
    $      = Table      # = Desk   *      = Chair
                        @ = Cabinet [Storage, water, drinks]

    F = Fremea [K56]
    U = Unali  [I18]
    Window gained access G10
    Reminder on Fremea's position is F on map
    Man at door [K31]

 * First Floor

         1         2         3         4         5         6         7
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
___      ____________________/______________________________     _____B
U I      I            I B%                                 I     I B  C
nBI      |            I a%  ___    O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  |     I u  D
kuI      I            I r%  [ ]                         ___I     I t  E
niI      |         ___I%%%  [ ] O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  I  |     I c  F
olI      I         ____     [ ]                         I  I     I h  G
wdI      |            I%%%  [ ] O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  I__|     I e  H
niI      I     Bar--->I B%  {_]                            I     I r  I
 nI      |            / a%         O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O  |W    I    J
 gI      I            I r%                                 I     I    K
__I      I____________I__%_____/___________________________I     I____L

    K = Kell/Tor at table J36
    Other people not on map as would be too cluttered
    I = Stage area [F-H 57-60]
    O = Circle tables each table can seat 4-6 with chairs around them
   [ ]= Large single table with chairs around it
   Bar Area has stools at table
   Chairs/Stools not shown on map.
   Kell = J36 Table
   will = J61 outside 2 stories below Fremea's position
   Kiet = Off map across street south of Will.