[pnpgm] Magic and plusses

Schnockel dasandersx at comcast.net
Sat Aug 21 06:11:22 CEST 2010

My biggest issue is that it's less costly to improve higher BMC spells to high levels than it is lower BMC spells.

for instance, to get a BMC1 spell to EL15 requires over 1425 successful casts.  A BMC20 spell only requires 135.  The higher the BMC, the lower the number of successful casts.

It costs almost 10,000 mana to get to EL10 with a BMC1, but only 1900 mana to get EL10 with a BMC20 spell!!!

something is seriously wrong....BACKWARDS...with that.

That's the problem with letting me have access to spreadsheets.

I think that the tweaks should be stuff like "don't need hands to cast that spell" or "don't need verbalized words"...essentially once you get proficient with a spell, it simply becomes easier to cast...

Think of the gods...think of them as VERY high MEL and EL...but they still need to cast spells like a mortal?  They simply will effects into being.  High level wizards should become more like that...kind of like merging your learned spell casting with an innate ability.

my 3-cents

Dave