[pnpgm] Game Update #39 - File #391 - Landfall approaches

John Stowman johnstowman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 19:32:42 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 5:47 AM, john haight <sang_real at msn.com> wrote

< Arawn nodded as he listened to Wa' Son's suggestions.

   "Thank you. Excellent insight and suggestions. Naptha arrows are very
reasonable and we already have the bows to lend credibility to the story.

Will considers the discussion and says
"I see the arrows but where is the naphtha?"

OOC: That was a pretty impressive greek fire demonstration for there not to
be any naphtha empty kegs etc on board our ship.

<jumping too far too early would make it more likely that a sensor would
detect the caster. I don't know what they have at their disposal to deal
with such if detected but I would guess that they might have something up
their sleeve.

Will has been thinking about the detection issue

"The combination of detection or other high level insight types of spells
could be used to create a map that shows the locations of spells(ala
Maruders map less the people).  If they were using a map of all of Katie
then the large fireball used on the pirates should have showed up as well as
the talisman if activated.  If the map was on that scale however you would
probably need a separation of hundreds of miles to make it appere not to be
part of a pattern of magic use.  If the map did not track ships then
it would just be something out at see from the general direction that we had
come from and not specifically point to us.
If on the other hand they used a lower level but more dispersed item that
asked the question via the detection spell which ships have had magic cast
on board in the last 72 hrs if made by a journeyman wizard it should be
nearly foolproof (detection yields no information on abysmal and yields the
correct answer on failure and the direction and answer on success) at
picking our ship out.  For this though they would need one or more for each
port or other point of entry.  If you were to combine the two well...."