[pnpgm] Game Update #39 - File #391 - Landfall approaches

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Fri Sep 25 07:29:00 CEST 2009

Raban listens carefully before he speaks out, "Kiet is right to be
concerned. Those who do minor crimes always frequent the Taverns in
search of an easy mark. People drinking heavily or spending much coin
will always be watched carefully to see if they are worth the risk to
rob. But what is worse is the ladies associated with such places gain
other income from selling information they learn from their lovers
bragging. Pillow talk is the most serious risk here. Mention the wealth,
what we have done, our massive gifts or especially any magic and there
will be troubles. They will try to avoid assaulting a ships crew knowing
such will try for revenge or can have connections to get the guard after
them. But talk of much gold can overcome such wariness. If they are too
afraid to do anything themselves they will sell the information to more
powerful people. Sometimes too much wealth is a good thing as that
implies friends in high places. A noble will mark us as hands off for
the most part. But that does not protect the ship and it's crew. It
would be best if the ship leaves quickly and spends money in another
port far away."