[pnpgm] Game Update #39 - File #391 - Landfall approaches

Scott Adams longshot at cybermax.net
Fri Sep 25 06:54:45 CEST 2009

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  -..Thomas.Magann.........Whitney...........Scholar.Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Shu        aka Shu           as Niece               [HD]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Noble               [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at cybermax.net

     Game Update #39 in sequence (file #391)

        From Thomas: [Re: High Elder]
          Sorry, I'd thought I told you I wasn't comfortable with too much
          party history from before my time, so I wasn't going to.

          not coot. Count. as in  Count of Marob. Which he was, and may
          still be (it seems to be uninhabited now). The place Whitney
          thinks he's heading to save the world......

          I never did understand why he didn't just use cure age to recover
          his youth. but then, the most powerful wizard int he world is
          physically old, and the second most powerful is undead. physical
          youth seems to be a hindrance, no matter what the real age migght
          be.

          In any event, it is what it is. I used the information I had.
          It, understandably, fell short.  Zhou still has issues. an 80
          year old IS old, and Count is a perfectly respectable rank, so
        GM: Ack. Its always good to bone up on some history.  But that's fine.
            I at least had recommended seeing the briefing updates early
            on by the High Elder.  The old term got him mostly.  To him
            a loyal servant (zhou) the HE is wise but not old.  That
            short sideness that some servants have.  Well cure age is
            fine but its short term to me.  Being an old powerful wizard
            shows more spunk than a kid who might be a god.  Most would
            underestimate the kid.  Those who see an old man know he
            might be wise and powerful.  So its more a symbolic thing.
            Its not a big issue.  In fact I don't mind the interaction.
            A full 100% harmonious group can be boring.  So the small
            fights of Zhou/Whitney, Kiet vs party on pirates, etc.
            adds spice to things.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          <ooc - The 10g is from the treasure (off the top) as an extra
          donation. The captain can do what he wants with it.>

          To Arawn - "If you really want to learn how to get in places...

          To Kiet - "I believe that there are other ways to make sure...
        GM: Ack.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          Raban thinks for quite some time before he once more talks to
          the captain.

          "Captain, your money lenders sound like a good idea but I...

          <yup Raban is a big hearted dummy, but one who does understand
          people>
        GM: Ack. Good view to have.