[pnpgm] Game Update #35 - File #353 - Out of the fog...

Scott Adams longshot at cybermax.net
Fri Sep 11 07:06:30 CEST 2009

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  -..Thomas.Magann.........Whitney...........Scholar.Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Shu        aka Shu           as Niece               [HD]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Noble               [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at cybermax.net

     Game Update #35 in sequence (file #353)

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          Ha'Kell chimes in with the others about the magical....

          If the Captain agrees, Kell asks Chion to take it back to the
          High Elder's keep with the other magic items he is teleporting
          there.

          [OOC - Congrats to Tobie/Fremea!]
        GM: Ack.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <I cannot think of much to add to RP for Raban right now. If
          Raban thought the family more money, he would see about getting
          it for them as some point.

          <Question relative to dead sailor money: How much do they usually
          make? <The talk is already into gold which would buy relatives a
          good sized farm?

          <The Trident could buy them a square mile of Farm land.
          <I have always had problems with relative values in PnP, but
          gold goes a long ways in feeding a family.
        GM: Ack. Each update doesn't require actions or RPing.  So don't
            worry about that.  Well for a trip like this a sailor would
            get as wages 18 SC for the 3 month trip up to the DL and
            then 3 months back for 6 months.  That would be a basic
            wage.  But profit sharing would depend.  How much he earned
            on the cargo trip to the DL isn't known.  On the trip back
            this ship took on passengers rather than cargo.  So based
            on the distance 2,800 miles or so each person paid around
            14 SC per person roughly.  I forget the exact figures
            that were paid.  With food let's say 2 GC per person.
            Now 2 x 13 passengers = 26 gold.  Split up by the crew
            that's roughly 2 gold per sailor.  If all things were
            equal.  But usually the Captain, First mate gets more
            of the share.  So each sailor is likely guaranteed at
            least 1-2 gold extra when get into Katai.  Not a huge
            profit but that's about half a year's pay for the
            same 6 months so its like being paid twice.  So each
            sailor would in essence be doing a year's pay in this
            one trip.  But that's my rough 2am math. :)  Now one
            can assume a sailor takes home probably 1-2 gold a year
            to his family or girl or whatever after expenses.  So
            selling the gear would pay for his family for a good 7-8
            years.  Not enough to retire on but enough to survive for
            some time.  Hope this gives the rough basics of sailor life.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn is deeply saddened by Ki' Lu's and spends time in prayer
          near the body in hopes of guiding it safely into the afterlife.
          He is unsure what, if any, gods the man worshipped but he gives
          his own blessing nevertheless. He knows that being swallowed up
          by the sea is the way of sailors but his thoughts drift to the
          man's loved ones and how they might miss him. Asking his uncle
          Manannan to take pity upon the man and somehow bring his body
          home to his family. As he finished he recalled Zu and his child
          that had saved them earlier and asked the same of the Immortal
          Serpent.

          As he finished his prayers he thought that if there was time that
          he would see about talking to the captain about crafting a
          figurehead to honor both gods and the great sea serpent demi-god
          that saved them. Arawn wished that he could cover some of the
          cost of such an item but knew that, in this world, he did not
          have much to offer. Perhaps over time he would be able to assist
          with such endeavors with what little he might gain, having
          already decided that the  majority of any treasures earned would
          go to the party.

          As discussion of the finances of the dead sailor and his family
          came up Arawn joined in, sitting quietly while others shared
          their views. He was in agreement on allowing the items to be
          sold for the man's family, though he wasn't sure if the magical
          trident was being considered for this or not.
        GM: Ack.  I mentioned you did some prayers in last update.  But good
            stuff.

        [Junaga 25th, 1634TH]

          Before the funeral for the dead sailor, Arawn gathers some of
        the scales off the merman.  Of course they will simply dry out
        and decay in a few days but he wishes to collect for later spells.

          Arawn has tried to collect some of Squirt's hairs as he roams
        the hall but the animal is jut too fast.  Hairs are found in
        various places but Arawn isn't sure its human hair, rat hair
        or squirts.  Could be rough thinking one shape changes into
        a animal like squirt only to be chased by a cat as a rat.

          Arawn finishes up his prayers for the dead sailor for a good
        after life.  At the same time he also prays to Zu for thanks in
        sending the immortal serpent to help the ship almost three weeks
        earlier.

          Arawn offers to make some figurehead for the ship but admits he
        has no funds to help out.  The Captain rubs his chin and looks
        at the ship forward section.  "Well, some merchant ships do have
        such things.  They can be expensive in the hundreds of silver to
        make and mount.  Some of the cheap ones are a few gold and some
        of the more elaborate ones could be as much as a small estate.
        We just don't have the materials here to create such a thing.
        We have wood and tar but that's about it.  The best figureheads
        are wooden but you would need a decent amount.  It is a nice
        offer but we visit many lands in the south.  Most Katai ships
        do not have it since the leaders are intolerant to religion
        other than their emperor.  So we would stick out more in such
        places.  I'm open to the idea though if you can obtain the
        materials, time and skills?"

          Hours after the Merman battle and after the funeral.  The party
        talks about the magical trident.

          Ha'Kell chimes in with the others about the magical trident,
        "It would be better to save this for later Captain, and not try
        to sell it here. Whatever is done with it, just remember how
        powerful it was with that merman.  I wouldn't want any of my
        enemies having that trident."

          The Captain retorts, "again I would not sell it in Katai.
        I'm not that stupid.  It would be in Lemasa.  I know it
        is powerful and would not be sold to any merchant.  In fact
        I would sell it to our leaders to use to rally the people.
        It would be more a symbol of power and respect.  It would be
        used to rally our men to join more of the navy.  We simply
        are losing folks to more....different things.  They believe
        it to be a old way of life...so this could show there is
        yet adventure out there.  Sure it will scare some away but
        if a simple merchant crew can gain victory over merman who
        can't?" He waves his arm.  "Sure I know you helped but they
        won't know that.  We are a weak nation and need to build our
        strength by increasing our naval support."  He pauses for
        a long few seconds.  "But if you insist on taking the item
        then it is yours.  I can't stop you." He looks to each in
        the party.  "You had just as much to do with the battle as
        we did.  I will not stop you from taking it.  Just know that
        it would help out the sailor's family and our nation."

          Kell squints at this.  He knows sad stories and how merchants
        use them to sway folks.  Could he be telling the truth or
        a load of dragon dung?  In the end Kell realizes that the
        Captain must be telling the truth.  At least he hopes so.

          Arawn listens to discussion on the items for the sailor's family.
        After some time quiet he finally joins in.  "I would happily hand
        over the items so that the Ki' Lu's family will be taken care of.
        If I had coin to share I would gladly give it as well but can only
        offer prayers and perhaps service in the future when time and
        resources permit. As for the magical trident, I agree with Kell
        that you might wish to sell that elsewhere. I would suggest getting
        rid of it quickly and hopefully placed in the hands of those who
        would use it wisely. Unless any here might choose to purchase it
        might I suggest having it transported to the Dark Lands to be
        picked up later for sale there or some other, friendlier, land."

          The Captain ignores the comment on selling it in Katai as he
        has answered that previously a few times.  "This item from what
        I understand it to do is nothing. Our scholars have access to
        far more powerful tridents.  In one battle with three of our
        Coast Guard ships we found a trident that can do a tidal wave
        100 feet high for example.  So this is nothing strange or
        scary to me."

          Arawn allowed his eyes to wander over the strange metal and,
        like Kell, he found himself interested in the tridents.
        "If you are willing I would be interested in trading something for
        one of the tridents. Let me know and we can discuss it later."

          Kell asks the Captain, "Captain, may I keep one of the tridents
        for my own use?  The metal intrigues me greatly."

          Captain looks at Arawn.  "We typically sell them to collectors
        for as much as 8 silver to 10 silver on the island.  So that
        is their value if you wish to take one fine."  The captain
        considers the loss of 10 silver to be about 3 months sailor's pay
        for the family.  "I am not here to cheat my men.  This is why
        they respect me.  We will barely break even on this trip and
        so this is a bonus for us."

          The Captain rubs his chin.  "If you must.  The metal is nothing
        unique.  Our best scholars in Lemasa has seen Merman items before.
        This isn't the first batch.  In fact we have some magical nets
        and daggers already.  So the magical trident would only add to
        the batch we have now.  Our best metal miners and crafters have
        worked with these scholars on the metal.  I have heard stories
        of the results.  Since humans have to go through entire mountains
        we have to strain out the dirt, debris and other metals to get
        to our final product and then craft it out.  But the merman
        simply have direct access to the metals in their long dead
        volcano shafts or underground cities.  So their process time
        is less than ours.  But as to the metal it might be more pure
        from the heat or pressure we just don't know.  Humans can
        find the same metals if one looks hard enough.  So no there is
        nothing unique about the metal.  But take if you wish..."
        He shakes his head and then walks over to help some sailors
        with the secondary rigging.

          Arawn grabs one of the tridents to examine the metal.  He can't
        tell the difference frankly as it looks like any metal he has seen.
        Cool and smooth to the touch like most weapons of this style.

                        --------------------------

        [Junaga 25-30th, 1634TH]

          Over the next few days, Arawn spends time with Corona talking
        in his new eagle tongue by the necklace.  Corona is aloof on
        his past but Arawn tries to probe and share some of his own
        stories of his past.  Arawn senses there is far more to this
        bird than just the magical eyes.

                        ----------------------------

        [Julis 1st, 1634TH]
        [Winds: Average, Speed 6]
        [Distance this day: 30]
        [Weather: Clear/Sunny]
        [Temperatures: 50-83]

          As the ship docks in Chi'jian, Zhou suggests only a quick
        stay of a few hours.  Both he and the Captain decide on a 3
        hour stay as the city is only 100 miles west of Dzhamou and
        would not be good to tempt fate.

          Ben'dar and Caladan spend time exercising the horses, grooming
        and feeding them outside the dock grounds.  The parade of horses
        are a sight for many of the fishing boats but not enough to
        cause alarm.

          Farseeker asks Unali to head into town and show her some of the
        things Katai folks do.  They visit shops, taverns and watch
        street merchants and entertainers.  Farseeker treats Unali to
        some nice ale.  Unali knows it is purely on a friendly basis.
        Unali soon relaxed shares the story of Ben'dar falling on her
        in the flying castle cave.  Farseeker recalls the story and
        both have a fun time of it.  But all in jest Farseeker knows.
        He soon admits that even he had incidents like that where he
        had his own great sword fly out of his hands in one battle.
        Both act like noble and bodyguard during the time in the city.

          Fremea dons her disguise near the last hour and decides to
        venture out into the wharf market with Zhou.  Fremea is more
        interested to see if her disguise goes off well rather than
        the sights.  In fact little guards are seen.  Only two guards
        at the dock are seen all day.   It is clear the magic detection
        rumors are low here.  At least from what it seems to be.

          Kell and Kiet venture directly to the markets and taverns.
        Kell tries to price some of his own personal items and gauge
        the price markets for other items.  Both men explore the
        market district as best they can and soon return to the ship
        after a quick tavern meal.

          Shu and her sailor boyfriend visits a inn with a decent tavern
        below.  She knows in less than a week they might not see each
        other again.  They seem to spend over two hours in this place.

          Quickly the three hours pass and the horses are reboarded for
        what is likely the very last time.  When that is explained to
        them they are not as reluctant to enter and more hopeful.

          The Captain and Zhou make final supply delivery coin exchanges
        and pay the small dock space rental fees.  Within a half hour
        the ship is set back into the deep ocean.

          The first mate announces the course to be south west and only
        about 200 miles to the final destination.

                        ----------------------------

        [Julis 2nd, 1634TH]
        [Winds: Poor, Speed 5]
        [Distance this day: 29]
        [Weather: Overcast, Storm]
        [Temperatures: 63-92]

          The storms are easy to avoid today.  But as the ship continues
        in Katai waters more Katai ships are spotted.  During the day
        it is common to see at least 1-3 ships of various sizes and shapes.
        Most are fishing or merchant ships.  As the Blue Moon gets near
        the shoreline that increases to 10-15 ships in any given hour.
        As a result the Captain only uses the Talisman for speed during
        the night to prevent problems.

          Whitney sits in his cabin today wondering about his future.
        Zhou had gotten with him only two weeks earlier and told him
        about their mission.  It was clear that he could join them on
        this dangerous mission but he could not simply let free to wonder
        Katai while the mission was out.  This had to be kept secret.
        While the threat wasn't there it was implied.  Either join
        in the with the party or be a prisoner on this ship or worse?
        Of course Whitney could take his chances escaping later in
        the heavy traffic.  but is that wise to avoid a large group
        of wizards who could track you magically?  These Vong creatures
        Zhou speaks of sounds like a big threat but why should he help
        the party?  What have they done for him?  Well other than saving
        him from a certain death in Choshai.  There is that.  But then
        again they did almost kill him thinking him a plant or some
        such nonsense.  Whitney shakes his head as a headache starts
        to rake his brain.  Decisions are tough at times like this.  At
        least without breakfast.  He leaves his cabin to consider his
        future and to eat.

          Captain Sung gathers the party again without the sailors
        around.  "This is my last offer.  If you wish to keep items
        in my secret hold until Zhou needs us no more after landfall
        then the offer stands.  We've been searched many times by
        Katai and Choshai authorities and the hold has yet to be found.
        This includes items deemed illegal in Katai of course.  Just
        let me know if you wish to hide stuff.  But once the ship is
        no longer needed we will leave.  The items will need to be
        picked up or arrangements made otherwise to get them or hide
        them in Katai."

          Later in the afternoon Farseeker and Zhou calls the party
        back together.  "Over the next few days," Zhou stars up, "we
        should practice some Vong fighting techniques.  Farseeker here
        will demonstrate.  Raban can you join us?"

          Raban stands up as he towers over Farseeker by a couple feet.
        Zhou just places him next to Farseeker.  "Now we know their
        armor is strong.  While some direct hits do occur and can
        penetrate they have to be powerful hits.  Farseeker's weapons
        could do it and maybe some good dagger hits.  But don't expect
        all hits to penetrate.  This is front, back and sides." He
        points to Raban as a demonstration.  "Based on what we know
        in the Dark Lands and your previous fight at Lake Oca we have
        gathered this information.  The best areas to hit are the head."
        He points up to Raban's head. "Neck though this at times has
        some of the armor around it so may vary.  Wrists and the best
        place Farseeker found was the arm pit."

          Farseeker demonstrates with his sword and Raban faking a parry.
        Zhou continues, "a quick thrust here will disable the arm and
        could kill but likely won't kill right away.  It seems to be
        without armor.  The rest of the body is pretty much protected
        by the crab like body armor or leg and boot hard leather."

          Farseeker then goes into some fighting stances and thrusts
        he found to be useful.  "We should practice these over the
        next few days." Farseeker adds in.

          Zhou nods then speaks up.  "We believe the armor can regenerate
        in some fashion.  but this may not be the case with them all.
        Now their spear as most of you know is used in three ways.
        It can be a solid spear with a sharp heavy spear head tip.
        It can almost soften to be used as a flexible whip.  It can
        also be used as a poison attack.  In this mode we seem to
        feel the staff-spear thing becomes alive and stabs forward.
        If it bites the poison makes contact.  There wasn't enough
        material in item or information to come up with a cure.  Plus
        the poison may vary from a simple knockout to a deadly form.
        We just don't know what all the variants are.  We know they
        have weapons that can shoot out bug like things like missile
        weapons.  But that information isn't as strong as their staff
        weapons.  Some bug like projectiles explode, eat through skin
        or armor or are acidic that we know of from their past invasion.
        I think we should each practice some fighting with a mock Vong
        as Farseeker, Unali and Ben'dar were all at Lake Oca.  Others
        can give suggestions if they can recall their fighting attacks."

          In the next few hours and next few days these mock battles
        take place as best they can so each person can be prepared.
        For those new to the whole Vong situation like Will and Whitney
        these things are more harder to grasp.  Will seems unnerved by
        the events but Whitney wonders what he has gotten himself into.

                        ----------------------------

        [Julis 3rd, 1634TH]
        [Winds: Low, Speed 2]
        [Distance this day: 26]
        [Weather: Partly Cloudy, No events]
        [Temperatures: 69-91]

          Today Zhou reminds the party of the mission details.  They
        are to meet the contact in Jiuquo.  The contact is known by
        the High Elder and can give some intelligence on what may be
        going on in the Katai nation.  There Shu will go and find
        a place in town likely the meeting place and perform her spell
        to detect the absence of mana.  This in theory was used by
        a Shaman in Zen'da or so the rumor goes in the first invasion
        to track their movements.  Since the Vong have no "touch" by
        the gods, a mana source reading if you will, this rite should
        be able to detect them in general geographic terms.  That
        might lead to further travel to that area for investigation..

          Zhou reminds the party as he did a week ago the cover story
        should be in full swing.  Especially in the next city.  It
        will be close to the capital than Chi'jian.  He will decide
        who should likely head into town for the meeting.  But he
        will take suggestions or input.  His initial plan is to take
        Farseeker, Fremea, Kell, Raban, Shu and Unali.  Others
        will stay nearby and protect or stay at the ship.  Some may
        be assigned to buy a wagon if that is needed.  Zhou will
        decide that in the coming days.

                        ----------------------------

        [Julis 4th, 1634TH]
        [Winds: Average, Speed 6]
        [Distance this day: 30]
        [Weather: Clear/Sunny, No Event]
        [Temperatures: 54-83]

          With only some 100 miles to go and should be at the last
        destination on Julis 7th the party starts to get excited.
        After almost three months on the ship they are clearly eager
        to go ashore for the rest of the mission.  Some sleep good
        but some can't sleep as the excitement builds day by day.

        [Time: 6:08am]

          As the ship is well over 100 miles from shore the traffic is light.
        The last ship seen was a fishing ship an hour ago a few miles
        to the east.

          With twilight here and the sun to rise in less than half an hour
        Fremea and Arawn have gone to their cabin to sleep.

          As most mornings the Captain and First Mate and the first shift
        of sailors are up and about.  Both Captain and First mate are
        on top deck looking over navigation charts for reefs in this
        area.  Caladan is in the forward part of the ship waiting for
        the sun to rise to his left.  He sits with a sailor who is on
        forward observation for water hazards.  This area is known to be
        shallow than most due to high shelf or something below.

          Chion is awake and on the passenger deck roaming the halls
        heading toward the nearest ladder.

          Kiet having woken up early due to a rather big rat which
        he thinks was in the walls about to attack him, but never
        did, finds himself up on the top deck.  Yawning he helps
        a sailor with the ropes.

          Strie'bog also finds himself up early and on the top deck
        watching a school of flying fish dive in and out the water.

          Shu finds herself awake and checking out her gear.  Making
        sure she is ready for the magic rite in a few days.  She sits
        alone in her cabin.

          Unali also finds herself awake in her cabin.  Dressed she
        sits putting on her boots ready for a breakfast meal.  She
        considers that in just days she will be back in her homeland.
        She wonders how much it has changed and what she will find once
        back there.  She has been quiet on her home details but wonders
        if she should start talking about her home life.  But the odds
        of the party going in that area is slim seeing as the empire
        is so huge.

          Whitney awake sits in the mess hall on the hold deck.  He waits
        for the cold mush of the porridge like oatmeal to be slightly
        warmed by the makeshift small stove in this room.  Fire has to
        be controlled so no big fires are ever made on ship of this sort.
        But the cold mush will at least be warm mush soon.  Maybe with
        some water he can choke it down yet again.

          Zhou is also awake this early and finds himself on the cabin
        deck in one of the storerooms.  He is looking over some of the
        things he has taken from the Dark Lands.

          Will, Z'leyra, Raban, Ben'dar and Kell find themselves still
        asleep in their cabins.

          While the skies are devoid of any clouds the stars soon become
        hard to see in the blue twilight sky.  The morning fog is typical
        for the sea and can last as much as 3 hours after sunrise.
        While it mostly happens near coastal shorelines the deep ocean
        fog can occur.

          This morning is typical of such fog mornings.  Which is why
        a sailor is below looking to the sea and one in the nest looking
        to the forward distance.  When the one in the nest suddenly
        shouts a ship was briefly seen in the thick fog to the port
        about half a mile those on the top deck turn around.  The
        Blue Moon itself isn't going fast since the talisman isn't
        being used yet the winds are low.  Without enough warning the
        ship can avoid other ships.

          The Captain heads forward to look for himself.  It takes another
        two minutes until the ship is seen again in the thick fog that
        seems to allow good viewing at best half a mile at worst only 1000
        feet.  Suddenly the ship breaks through the fog and is seen better.
        Caladan, Captain and sailors stare at the ship.  It looks like
        a merchant ship with one full rigging with sails unfurled for
        sailing.  The captain spots the Katai flag flying over the
        rigging.  The Captain nods and starts to turn to order to head
        clear of the ship when the sailor next to him grabs his arm.

          "Look! Port side middle." The Sailor quickly says.

          The Captain raises his spyglass which is a bit blurred in the
        fog but moves it to the side of the ship.  By now the other ship
        seems to be heading southeast as the Blue Moon is going south
        west.  Both could collide if not stopped soon.  But then the
        Captain notices the faint yellow circles painted on the hull.
        His eyes bulge and then he turns.

          "Yazho Pirates!  Turn us away now!" The Captain yells.

          As the First mate turns the wheel to avoid the pirate ship
        it quickly approaches.  On the other ship men are bustling about
        as they suddenly see the merchant ship in their sights.  Men
        on the other ship suddenly head to bins and lockers to grab
        gear and weapons.

          "Wake the crew.  Battle stations!" The First mate yells to
        one sailor.  The sailors on deck scramble to stations, grab
        weapons and some head below.

          Oddly Caladan at the forward end of the ship turns to the
        Captain.  "Just get us close but start to avoid the ship.
        I can help here."

          The Captain shrugs and then runs aft to issue orders to the
        crew.  At that point the alarm bell is sounded.

          Below the sailor tosses the now warm mush to Whitney and
        rushes to the door after dousing the small stove fire.
        Whitney looks down to the white mush and hears the alarm.
        Danger or eating this mush?  Which is more risky?

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Monday....

        GM: Since no actions posted for most of the city didn't know where
            to put you other than above what I know of your character.
            If not stated then you probably stayed on ship.

        GM: Kell/Arawn takes 1 Trident it seems.  You can take them into
            Katai it isn't outlawed.  Just fancy pitchfork/spears.  Just
            not common in Katai why they are hard to sell.

        GM: Looks like new TV season.  Monday it shouldn't be a issue as
            I'm up late.  But Thursday looks like right now 2 shows so
            will only give me 2.5 hours to work on update in the evening.
            Now good news is I'll be off Thursdays for vacation till the
            end of the year.  Bad news is those last minute posts from
            folks (you know who you are) could take that 2.5 hours of
            time. So don't be surprised if updates are delayed due to
            good tv. :) Suggestion would be to get posts in before night
            on Thursdays rather than 10pm on Thursday. :)  But just a
            suggestion.  Since will likely be watching Flashforward and
            Fringe.

        GM: This is the last rolled random encounter for the trip.
            It won't be a long last one like the merman.  In fact
            it might be over fast.  But if you get up in time you
            can still do a few actions.  I will resolve it in the
            next update.  Monday I will announce how we will go from
            there.  It will be important for any who may have wanted
            to resolve things they haven't yet.  Stay tuned...

        GM: I am 2/3rds done with character sheet cleanup.  By landfall
            should be ready to send them back out.