[pnpgm] Game Update #46 - File #421 - Party rallies up

Murtha, Mark D (N-Innovar) mark.d.murtha at ulalaunch.com
Fri Oct 23 18:23:39 CEST 2009

>           Strie'bog keeps in charge of the stall but Caladan rushes back.
>         "Are you all right?"  When he realizes Kell is weak but alive
>         he nods.  He bends down to inspect Kell's back of the head where
>         he took the knock out blow.  He grabs some water from his canteen
>         and applies it to the bruised and blood matted area to clean it.
>         Kell grimaces in pain but he grits his teeth.  "Don't fall asleep
>         this from what Z'leyra says could be dangerous with head wounds."

Looking at Caladan, "I will be.  I took several cuts, the worst on my arm, then the head hit.  I'm happy I didn't pass out coming back here.  Thank you."

----------

>         [Time: 2:54pm]
>
>           After accidentally getting wrong directions to a Brass Ring >Tavern
>         the market task group finally finds the Brass mug Tavern.  They
>         dismount and Kell goes immediately to Z'leyra for help.
>
>           Zhou looks concerned and gets out of his chair to inspect
>         Kell for himself. "What happened?"

Ha'Kell checks with Z'leyra before starting the tale.  Looking at Zhou and including anyone that wants to listen he begins, "Kiet and I were walking through the market looking for a good shop to sell the nicer jewelry.  Whilst a market stall is good for most of our items, these pieces were too nice for a stall in the market.  We found a nice shop after a bit and...."

[edited for time and space, unless anyone really, really wants me to type it all up in Kell's voice.]

"....I picked up the coin bag and narrowly avoided taking another hit to my head as the boy kicked the ladder completely from the building.  Staggering back to the thug, who was still unconscious, I wrapped my arm to stop the bleeding and retrieved my tulwar.  Making my way back to the stall I got some interesting looks.  It felt like an eighteen mile walk to get there."  He waits for any of the market crew to add anything at this point in the story.  Taking a deep breath and drinking some water.

Grinning happily Ha'Kell finishes the story, "I got our money.  I don't like being stolen from, not one bit."

Turning serious, "Now I need a new tunic, and I think it best to pack away my cloak and get a different hat.  I should probably sleep on the ship too.  I don't want any extra attention here.  It is possible the other thug or the boy could report this to the police, although I doubt it.  When do thieves report anything?  My biggest question is the unconscious thug I left laying.  Did he die or did his friends come get him?  Did the police find a dead body and do some investigation that would lead them to me?  I don't know.  We may want to try to find these things out, especially if we stay here for more than a day."

Taking a deep breath and feeling hungry and thirsty Kell asks Master Tiehul, "Master Tiehul, do you have any cheese or sausages?  I'm famished.  Or a local specialty, it's been several years since I've eaten Katai food and I could use some now."  Kell thanks Tiehul for whatever he can provide to eat and drink.

Looking at the tavern crew, "How are things here?  Has Shu had time to perform?  Do we have any new information?"

Looking at the four who had the pirates, "How was turning in the pirates?  Was there a bounty?"  Noting Ben'dar's smile and Z'Leyra looking a bit sour makes the half-elf more curious.

After he is more stable, Ha'Kell offers to help in whatever way he can.  Kell does a detailed inspection of the wagon Tiehul offered, comparing notes with anyone else that inspects it.