[pnpgm] Game Update #51a - File &465 & #466 - Attackers!

Murtha, Mark D (N-Innovar) mark.d.murtha at ulalaunch.com
Tue Nov 24 17:22:51 CET 2009

[First an update on the wagon trip equipment/etc for Ha'Kell.]

>   * Clothing [What is worn during trip typically]
>              Player          Type
>             Kell         Normal              w/cloak
>   * Armor
>              Player          Type                   Helm
>             Kell         Leather                    Metal [4]
Kell wears his scale mail when the weather permits, otherwise the leather armor.  If possible and it makes sense for the cover story, he keeps his helmet with him on his horse behind him so he can stick it on.  He keeps his shield in reach when possible.  With his tulwar when driving?  Can he bring his shield on the horse?

Kell wears his hat too.

>   * Weapons
>              Player         Melee Type              Missile Type
>             Kell         Dagger, Tulwar [4]         None
Kell wears a dirk and tulwar when riding, and has 2 spears on his horse.  When driving the wagon he'll keep his spears handy (standing behind him perhaps, or the roof rack.] and tulwar wherever is possible.

Kell always wears a dirk.  If he has no other weapons, he'll wear two little stickers.

Technically Kell has spears as a ranged weapon, but that's not nearly as effective as other.

>   *  Wagon Horse Team [6 slots needed]
>
>         Forward Left  -  Draft          [Kell]
>         Forward Right -  Draft          [Kiet]
>         Middle Left   -  Draft          [Kiet]
>         Middle Right  -  Warhorse IV    [Unali]
>         Rear Left     -  Riding Horse I [Shu]
>         Rear Right    -  Riding Horse I [Zhou]

Hey, aren't these Kell's draft horses?  :)  Not that it really matters.

>   * Skill training [16 days]
>
>             Player            Skill to practice
>             Arawn           None defined
>             Ben'dar         None defined
>             Caladan         None defined
>             Chion           None defined
>             Farseeker       None defined
>             Fremea          None defined
>             Kell            Teamster [16 days]
>             Kiet            Teamster [16 days]
>             Raban           None defined
>             Strie'bog       None defined
>             Shu             None defined
>             Unali           None defined
>             Whitney         None defined
>             Will            None defined
>             Z'leyra         Teamster [16 days]
>             Zhou            None defined
Can Kell and Kiet learn or practice other skills, or only gain points for Teamster & horsemanship?  It doesn't matter too much, I'm curious.  Assuming that Kell is working for all 12 hours, 6 scouting with Ben'Dar and 6 driving, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have time for anything else.

[End of basic trip info.  Now onto Kell's actions for the ambush.]

Seeing the foolish bandits charging on foot two horseman, Kell is slightly amused.  Horseman almost always has the advantage, even more on an open road or field.  Quickly glancing to Ben'Dar on his left, Kell grabs a spear while saying to Ben'Dar, "That's not very smart charging us on foot.  You want the two on the left and I get the two on the right?"

Ha'Kell readies his spear for a charge at the rightmost bandit, hoping to impale him then swing around and take out the other bandit on the right.

Waiting for Ben'Dar and not allowing the bandits to close into melee range, Ha'Kell prepares to charge the bandit to skewer him with the pointy end of his spear.

[FYI, I'm travelling over Thanksgiving and don't know if I'll have access to email.  Today I will, then maybe on Sunday.]