[pnpgm] Game Update #49

john haight sang_real at msn.com
Tue Nov 10 02:31:51 CET 2009

OOC: Oops! I hadn't meant for Arawn to heal Kell unless both Tiehul didn't have reservations on the use of Mana Shield as well as the entire party was okaying it. As Caladan and Tiehul didn't seem keen on it I had thought that would have been enough to meet the criteria for not casting it but I guess I hadn't worded it clearly. Sorry about that guys:)

   Scott, as it doesn't seem to affect anything in the last post as far as major revisions, would it be possible to say that Arawn also cast Mana Shield at max EL on Kell as well?

   I realized that I hadn't worded the direction properly (as I listed it 'and/or') and would have detailed it if I thought I was going to cast. The 'and/or' was because I was unsure if I would need to cast Mana Shield on myself (as I'm casting the spell) or on Kell (as he's the recepient) or both. If he wouldn't know then he'd have cast it on both to be safe. My fault. Sorry about that Scott.

   Anyways, hopefully I haven't thrown the party into too dangerous a situation and will be more careful in the future:)

IC:

   Arawn listened intently to Tiehul's report, remaining quiet as the others shared their thoughts. When things seemed to quiet down a bit he spoke up.

   "Though I feel our answer lies to the south it makes sense to travel west towards Shantou. A second scan near Shantou should help Shu narrow things down considerably. As Kell mentioned there are mountains near there that might prove connected but the tales of the southern swamps still draw my attention. Those we seek grew their items in select waters and a swamp is anything but dry but it is a large place to begin our search. Shantou also allows Master Tiehul a chance to send information our way through his contacts if we should arrive safely.

   As for travel by land or water, I'm with Fremea on this, take the wagon with us but travel by boat for now. It will minimize the chance of close inspections or the danger of being forced to visit Katai as would likely be expected of a travelling noble. If the boat is too small for the wagon then perhaps the wagon could be driven to Shantou to meet us."

   He turned to Tiehul.

   "Master Tiehul, how long is the journey by land and by boat? Would it be possible to have a coach meet us if need be?"

   After listening to any responses he rolled out the burnt scroll so that Kell could study the logo.

   "Will, I thought I heard of your talent as an artist. Would you mind sketching a copy for Ha'Kell?"

   As he waited for the meeting to end Arawn's eyes drifted to Whitney. The man had many thoughts on the subject of magic and worldly creation. He would have liked to have shared his thoughts but knew that it would only serve to delay the meeting and likely annoy their host. Perhaps in the days and nights to come he might have a chance to share thoughts with the librarian.