[pnpgm] Game Update #48 - File #431 - Tiehul's Revelation

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Thu Nov 5 02:31:02 CET 2009

 Thomas O. Magann Jr. wrote:
> Whitney shakes his head, "Oh, I understand your point, and I agree, more or less.  That's what I was saying, as my recent unfortunate incarceration proves: hether it's really magic or not doesn't matter, just whether the local magic-hating constabulary considers it magic. My point is: let's learn from my hard won lesson and avoid using plants that aren't sold by local apothecaries.
>
> "Oh, and for the record: I know more than a little about plants, magical and otherwise. Hell, I know damned near everything, particularly whether I've magicked one up or not while preparing it for use. I DO worry about just those details, and have written monographs on them and the very contradiction in the woefully misnamed 'Natural Magic' field. Talk about your oxymorons...
>
> "Oh, come to think of it, maybe we should find out what's sold by the local apothecaries, so we know what's safe to use."

  Raban smiles, "That may be a great idea, assuming those are not
watched as places suspected of being magic related.  Knowing what is
accepted could be very important. My knowledge of such things is greatly
limited. My teacher told me about various natural magics I would find
useful, but not in much detail nor what spells were needed to use them.
I had to purchase the ones I could locate, ready to use. I can recognize
quite a few medicinal plants and herbs as well as those useful in
massages, so my herbalism lore is limited... I think it would draw too
much attention if I visited such a place and from the size of the people
here, it is unlikely I would fit inside such a shop."