[pnpgm] Kiet hears the news

dasandersx at comcast.net dasandersx at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 21:52:25 CET 2009

           "My man who watched your ship reported to my men that no one
        came close to the ship at all.  With Major Lai distracted by
        the celebration coming up I doubt he would be interested in
        doing real police work.  Oh that reminds me." He looks back
        at Z'leyra. "Too bad you did end up paying.  Seems one of the
        pirates was worth 4 full gold coins.  He was wanted by a noble
        in the north for killing his wife.  But the interesting thing
        is Major Lai reports the pirate stole a large ruby worth at least
        30-40 gold.  He broke late last night and told where he hid it.
        So while you lost that reward the distraction and bonus to
        him was good for him.  He thanks you for it."

When Kiet hears this news he curses out loud.  34-44 gold coin gone to waste!!!  That is a tremendous sum to him, even though he has still more.  Kiet was born into humble circumstances, and this lost opportunity for gain is simply too much for him to maintain much control.

"I will state here and now, whether you people like it or not..." Kiet says with voice slightly wavering in an attempt at control and a grim demeanor on his face, "...that if we have prisoners ever again, I intend to rigorously question them, one way or another! "