[pnpgm] ships and archers

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Sun May 24 06:31:04 CEST 2009

My understanding of the ships of the Perilous Lands is that they are
late bronze age/early iron age designs, with the trireme being the
latest greatest design. Basically these designs are too small to put men
up top to shoot from bows. Some designs might have protected areas on
the bow and stern to give some cover for the fighting men. It takes a
large ship to need masts thick enough to mount a crows nest big enough
to be a shooting platform. Frankly I don't think the technology of the
Perilous Lands is to that point.

       Alex