[pnpgm] Game Update #10 - File #118 - A week after travel.. Kell's seasickness and stuff.

Murtha, Mark D (N-Resources) mark.d.murtha at ulalaunch.com
Wed May 20 21:55:47 CEST 2009

/        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
/          As Raban has accepted Insight/Mana Reading Arawn will do so at
/          max  EL. Ideally he'd do this on the same night he did the Mana
/          Sensing (  during the journey from the Citadel). Kell seems to
/          have expressed interest so Arawn will Mana Sense. Does Kell want
/          a Mana Reading and Insight as well?
/
Ha'Kell wants all three: Mana Sensing, Mana Reading, and Insight.  Results private.  Ha'Kell will reveal as necessary.

/        [Apris 17th, 1634TH]
/        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]
/
/        [Time: 6:03pm]
/
/            Kell finds himself once again near the port side rails looking
/	.....
/            Arawn shifted a bit to look back at Kell, looking at him in
/        silence for a moment before continuing.  "You had mentioned your
/        father earlier. I'll do what I can to help you but, if you are up
/        to it, would you care to tell me a bit more about the situation?"
/
/            Kell wipes his face and is distracted briefly aft ......
/
Kell responds, "Thank you my friend.  Let me get some sea legs and I will tell you what I know.  Which is far less than I wish I knew."  Pausing, taking a deep breath and fetching a cup of water.

"This is my first time on the ocean.  I'm getting bett..." he suddenly stops and leans over the edge again.  After a few moments he leans back.  He rinses with the water and looks steadier than ten minutes ago.  He is still green, and people would swear he's a handsome elf if he had pointy ears.

"I am getting better.  I can see the beauty of the ocean."  Pausing to gaze over the ocean and admire it, admire the sun shining on the blue water.  "My father.  He's a full blood elf, last I knew he was in good standing with other elves.  He was very handsome, even for an elf, I inherited his good looks.  He was excellent with his bow, and impossible to find when he didn't want to be found in a forest."

"His name was P'ter Malachi.  There is more to his name, but I'd rather give that in private.  He traveled a lot, and met my mom in Ba'ru city.  She was there visiting some friends when they met.  This was in late 1605 by the Marentia calendar.  They got married within six months of meeting each other, and I was born after that."

"Whilst he traveled he always came home as much as possible, if not, he would write us letters.  When I was 11 he left on a long trip of some secrecy, he could not or would not tell us why he was leaving.  This was in 1621, by the same calendar.  We received one last letter in 1622, and it was very cryptic.  Since that letter we have heard nothing from him or about him."

"I have a copy of the letter from him if you care to read it?  Maybe it will help with other clues?  Let's go find it in my gear."  They start walking to the tent where Kell has been sleeping on the deck.

"I've met other elves and they are... reluctant... around me.  I do not know if I can ever be fully accepted, which is fine.  I've been travelling alone for several years, and having a family-like group again is wonderful.  Thank you and everyone else for accepting me."  Ha'Kell is also grateful for another Sidh, one that doesn't treat him oddly or with disdain.

"We think he received some kind of summons or instructions from a council and that is why he left.  My mother likely knows more.  If we survive the Vong we can ask her.  Then again, he liked to just pack up and travel and have adventures.  There was the time he was teaching me to hide in the forests around our home on the edge of Baste..." the conversation trails off as they enter the tent to find the letter.

                        -------------------------

        [Apris 19th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, East of Dark Lands]

Late in the afternoon people see Ha'Kell running around on deck, helping all he can, attempting to learn the work.  He still pauses at the edge, but is much better after a few days.  Only on the largest and worst times is he at the edge.  His sea legs have arrived.

        [Apris 23rd, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE]

By Apris 23, Ha'Kell is done with seasickness, and appears to be learning quickly how to help with the ship.  He's no expert, but not the green-faced seasick man he was at the start of the trip.  He even enjoys watching the beauty of the ocean, the seagulls, and any aquatic life he can.

        GM: Don't forget the languages file.
[Ok.]