[pnpgm] Party leaves

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Mon May 11 23:27:31 CEST 2009

Z'leyra replies "Some items we can get the material for and can create
the items while on board ship. However to create metal items such as
swords or chainmail would require not only an anvil but a heat source
unavailable on board ship - unless you wish to make it obvious to the
crew that we are using magic. Few weapons we would find useful against
the Vong don't require heat in their creation. Presuming that we get
enough hides we can make leather armor and helms for all, these
enchantable to be equal to ordinary chainmail. We can also make shields
to be later enchanted. Otherwise our options of what to make are
limited. Slings and clubs being the only weapons I can think of offhand
that won't need a forge for part of their production. If we come into
possession of appropriate wolf eyes or other potentially magic materials
we can enhance or enchant those as well."

"Actually, on second thought...given good lumber of the appropriate type
I could make what look like wooden practice weapons of various
types..then enchant them later. We probably want a number of actual
practice weapons that we can bang up and have the enchantable ones kept
as 'spares'. Even enchanted they likely won't cut or impale like metal
weapons would...but their impact could break bones and and cause massive
internal bleeding. And they (plus the shields and leather armor) could
be quickly destroyed by fire after the Vong are dealt with. Please list
what enchantable wooden weapons you would need when we face the Vong. If
we have samples of the Vong and their shell armer I could even dedicate
the weapons against them."

"If the party could be supplied with an enhanceable hyacinthus we may be
able to clear the next lake used by the Vong of their taint."

Z'leyra will, with Raban's permission cast Orient Self EL0 then cast
Detection (magic) ELmax thru staff on him quickly followed by Soul Sight
ELmax thru staff in an effort to see what magic he has hidden and if she
can spot it.

To the request by Strie'bog she responds "Certainly. Let me know when."

Z'leyra will talk with the appropriate people to get the hides, lumber,
practice weapons and tools delivered to the ship. She will pay what is
needed.

She ponders whether to leave all her magic behind with Corona or to
attempt to hide them via Corona carrying an Oblivion item. Leaving items
behind would mean she would not be able to enchant near as much before
fighting the Vong. She also wants to loan her necklace to help folk
understand each other. She tends towards taking the items and
Corona...but waits to see if the words are spoken which change her mind.