[pnpgm] Game Update #5a - File #44 Supplement - Ship IBT; cover story

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Fri May 1 00:30:56 CEST 2009

  Raban grins, "I am sure I could play the role of Mongo easily enough
if thats the type of role the mission needs. But particulars will need
to be worked out with the others if it is all to work out. Playing a
role for the stage is much easier than 'wearing' the role day by day, I
have the training that the other lack in that regard. But its best if
the player fits the role closely enough to make it harder to foul up...
As to body art, I entertain ladies of all castes and stations, I would
not want anything to interfere with that. The art would need to be of
the best quality and I wonder if such would actually detract from the
role? Perhaps I need to ask my goddess what she would like? But once
more that is in the particulars of the role, what to wear, how to act
and such."

  "I have been remiss in not properly introducing myself. I am Raban
Usherwood, Bard of Miryan of the Court of Cernunnos. I was born in Xian,
which is considered part of Donara. My mother was the Great Dancer,
Areta Usherwood, of the ...well its best I do not say which company we
were with. When the time came for me to leave the company, I wandered in
the hills of the Artad Confederacy for a while, learning what I could
and entertaining those I was with. It was there I met an Elven Bard and
she decided to teach me many things and I taught her much in return.
Since then I have wandered where ever my goddess lead me, helping those
that needed it, teaching where I could and entertaining the high and
low... Well to shorten the story, this lead to my entertaining in
Marentia, at a place called The Green Eye Tavern. It was there I met the
others, over a little altercation which injured one of the ladies. I, of
course, could not stand by and let that happen and stepped in to help. A
jealous noble also chose that time to interfere and I did not have time
to soothe his ruffled feathers or teach him what he really needed to
know. I had to get a little rough and knock him out so I could help the
ladies. Well that also meant it was time to move on to a new place that
needed my help, and providence had shown me these lovely ladies could
use someone to defend them for a while. So I took that job upon myself.
Surprisingly Ki'ama also had a need for entertainers and I volunteered
for that as well. No Bard could turn down a chance to travel so far and
see such wonders...."
  "I really need to work on that and turn it into a proper story form,
but there are so many secrets involved that I have not come up with a
way to tell it properly. Perhaps you will be one I can tell it all too
at some point. Its sad really, a Bard is Allowed the Lawful Lie, but I
cannot write myself into that story as the hero when I did so little in
reality. At best I made the ladies harder targets until the attackers
fled. In some of the later problems I did better of course, but there
are secrets involved again making it difficult to write. I think I am
going to need to generalize it, removing most the particulars, maybe
give the others the standard roles that come close to them as found in
so many stories. Turn it into some sort of Morality Play or Teaching
Story. But so far that has felt like I am cheating them out of fame they
deserve. It may be years before I can tell it properly."