[pnpgm] Post from Fremea

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Wed Mar 11 07:49:34 CET 2009

> When Fremea hears Raban asking to be taught, she inwardly thinks to
> herself, is she good enough to actually teach this man. What if he
> turns on her, though he has done everything he can to protect her.
> For a little bit she struggles with herself and then finally speaks
> up, "Raban, it would be my pleasure to teach you the powers, though
> I am not sure I am worthy enough to be called a teacher."

Raban smiles happily, "Frema, I am sure you would be a wonderful
teacher. But I am sure it is not difficult to teach a spell, you just
need to tell me what you were taught. But if it requires use of Sidh
language then I will have some other problems as I do not know that one
yet. I will be able to return the favor someday, as I have little magic
I can teach you right now."
> Fremea wonders out loud, "What are neutral powers? I have never heard of such things. From what Arawn talks about, everything is aligned to something."

Raban answers, "I worship a neutral Goddess. The Neutral powers came
about because there were many that thought the various wars between Law
and Chaos, Sidh and Kotothi were destroying all that exists. Balance
stands between Law and Chaos but may side against others. Elder stands
between Sidh and Kotothi but may side against others as well. Neutral
stands between everyone in effect and attempts to reign them in, to
limit wars and maintain the balance of nature, to protect existence. It
is a difficult place to stand, but most often we are called upon to work
against Chaos or Kotothi as they tend to be the most combative and
destructive. But the call is not just to fight but to heal and to
rebuild if needed. For Bards it is often to teach against such violent
acts as well. That is part why I do not like to hurt things if I can
help it, but sometimes it is necessary. Because together they became a
new alignment, they could also create their own magics. I can learn any
Neutral, Elder or Sidh magic as well as my Bardic spells, which shows
Bards are closer aligned to the Elder sides than some. But there are
those once of Chaos as well as other unlikely alignments that have
chosen to become Neutral, it can be quite surprising."

<Raban knows a lot actually due to memory training but I did not look it
up for this reply, still should be close.>