[pnpgm] Game Update #119 - File #673 - Kiet's IBT

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Mar 10 05:14:05 CET 2009

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #118 in sequence (file #669)

     Admin Notes: Nona.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Raban would like to Learn Sidh, buts thats a supernatural.> <If
          he can get training the the Sidh Archery spell, then its worth
          starting. I will have to look it up for exact name and costs>

          Raban will approach Frema, "Frema, do you know a spell that is
          for making multiple arrows when you fire a bow? If you do I would
          like to learn it if you could teach it too me."

          <Does not work if she does not want to teach>
        GM: Ack. Archery powers can be learned via Fremea or maybe someone
            else in the Dark Lands.

                        ---------------------------

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          to the group members only, not wanting to ask any of the Citadel
          residents...

          "Do any of you spell casters know the 'Force Powers' neutral
          spells and be willing to teach it to me at some time in the
          future?"

          "Thank you so much for listening to my humble request."
        GM: Ack.

                        ---------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Force Powers]
          Chion replies, "I am new to the entire realm of Nuetral spells.
          I too would like to learn some of that magic. Perhaps I will
          simply have to watch you cast it if someone teaches you. I don't
          think I need another master teaching me, but am open to it if
          they are willing."

        [Apris 6th, 1634TH. 9th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: High Elder's domain - Citadel, Dark Lands, Forest]

        GM: Kiet's IBT actions...

           [From Apris 3rd to the 6th, Kiet spends time driving the wagon
            back following the flying slab under the control of Z'leyra and
            Caladan.  With his skills as wagon driver he helps to guide the
            wagon through the best routes and avoid the bad obstacles.  For
            the first two days it is easy travel. But on the 6th there are
            some nasty obstacles in the way causing the party to go back
            and re-route.  This day Kiet earns praise for his wagon skills
            to improve the time and efficiency of the trip, improving his
            own skill greatly.]

           [When the party arrives at the Citadel, Kiet asks Oby about the
            books, flags, uniforms and other possible help for his gear.
            Kiet is seen talking privately to Suca about something but the
            party can surmise it must be about the folks who attacked him.
            In this small place the rumor mill for such things is active
            and most will find that all of the people were found.  Turns
            out the small cult wasn't allowed to do a certain ritual due
            to possible summoned rampage - monsters on the rampage -
            without at least 3-4 masters supervision.  Their punishment
            was fines and a few weeks in jail.  but for now Kiet is safe to
            walk around.]

           [Bright and early on Apris 7th, Kiet leaves his room at the Inn
            in the Citadel and eats a quick breakfast before others wake
            up.  The grumpy tavernkeeper woken up so early for a quick meal
            gives Kiet directions.  Kiet studies the map at the guardhouse
            wall and plans his day.  He'll need to find a jeweler shop for
            his plans.  The one in the citadel is a bit fancy and would
            likely be for the nobles, thus more expensive basically.  He
            heads to the village shops knowing they are for more common
            folks.  Waiting for the shopkeeper to arrive he asks to rent
            some space, tools and materials to make some items.  Doing
            something like this in a place of a few hundred again spurs
            the rumor mill. The party soon realize Kiet is tinkering away
            at making some magical items.  The exact nature isn't known
            just that he starts the items this day.  He buys the materials,
            sets up a workspace, rents the tools and gets to work.  For
            most of the day he is in the shop.  A runner has to fetch food
            for him as he works for hours on the two items.  The first
            works perfectly.  But close to midnight the first spell fails.
            Tired Kiet has to leave the shop to the Inn so the shop can
            close.]

           [Morning of Apris 8th Kiet rushes to the shop again to retry to
            make the item.  This time he is prepared having done it twice
            before.  Working a bit faster he casts the spells and both seem
            to work this time.  By 3pm he has the first of his two items
            made.  For the rest of the day he goes back to the lake area
            where there are plenty of people around and makes more of his
            rope from basic materials he had already.]

           [Apris 9th and 10th, Kiet continues to rest and spends more time
            in the shop making a couple more items.  On the 10th Kiet casts
            spells upon the new items created.]

           [On the night of Apris 8th, little after 10pm going back to the
            safe Inn in the Citadel grounds, Kiet notices a group of 7
            peasants behind one warehouse.  Cautious not to stumble upon
            another cult he sees them holding torches and speaking in
            excited but not angry voices.  Listening the group is promoting
            some wizard in one of the Law Domains.  Seems he is having some
            form of contest for best use of a certain magic that seemed to
            be called Power Strike.  One man seems to asking for the gossip
            to go around and get apprentices to join in.  Kiet continues on
            after listening to the event. Over the last few days
            demonstrations of teaching masters, apprentices grumbling and
            the like have been commonplace.]

           [Apris 10th, while resting in a tavern in the east district Kiet
            notices a Patrolman enter.  The guard sits down at a table with
            two other men and starts to play a game of cards.  As the game
            progresses Kiet, from his angle, notices the guard reaches
            under the table and touches a small pin on his belt.  Curious
            he studies the act for awhile and then realizes the guard doe
            sit every time a hand is drawn.  Soon Kiet realizes the guard
            must be using magic to cheat by seeing what the others have.
            Even in this place it seems common guards can obtain magic
            items for everyday use.  Soon Kiet leaves but not before the
            guard seems to win a dozen or so rounds.]

           [On the night of Apris 11th, Kiet is taking a break at the
            nearby outhouse when a creature scrambles by.  Exiting the
            building Kiet is startled briefly.  The creature looks to be a
            small monkey sized creature, red colored, light fur and about
            the size of a cat.  It runs east and soon a voice is heard from
            the west.  A young girl about 17 runs toward the building and
            says "I'll change you back!" and continues on past Kiet chasing
            the creature.  Kiet sighs and shakes his head at the oddball
            people in this place.  So full of magic and the occasional
            "accident".]

           [The next day Kiet returns to the shop to cast more spells onto
            the new items.  Finally on Apris 12th the last of the spells
            are cast into the new items.]

           [The rest of the days Apris 12-14th are spent on making more
            minor items in the shop.]

           [The last couple days before the meeting with the high Elder
            Kiet is seen shopping in a few of the general stores looking
            for some materials.]

           [The night before the meeting, Apris 14th, the moon is out and
            bright.  Kiet is about to enter the Citadel gate when he
            notices a group of 5 almost where Chion has his duel. Two must
            be masters based on their age, in their late 20s, while the
            others are mid-teens.  Based on the color of their robes, seems
            this place has a robe color scheme, one must be a Law Wizard
            and the other a Chaos Wizard.  The Chaos wizard demonstrates
            how to transmute a tree branch into a chair.  Kiet continues
            to watch as the Law wizard demonstrates a powerful shield
            spell.  This one glows green as a one teen tries to throw
            rocks at him but they bounce off.  Kiet figures the two must
            be trying to select apprentices or apprentices selecting
            masters?  Kiet finds it fascinating how such aligned wizards
            could be feet from each other without killing each other.  Then
            again they are within sight of Ki'ama's tower and likely his
            eyes and guards.]

        GM: Wasn't that just exciting? Well next time the adventures of
            Fremea The Ex-Slave I hope.  Get your popcorn ready!  What
            did Kiet make?  Why didn't he go hunting with Ben'dar?  Why
            was he seen smoking grass? Why did the Jeweler's daughter
            giggle at seeing the stain on Kiet's pants?  Sure it was just
            a drop of silver but she didn't that!  Course if you know the
            answers to these questions you have the script!  You should
            immediately report for reconditioning!

                                ---------------

        [Apris 6th, 1634TH. 9th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: High Elder's domain - Citadel, Dark Lands, Forest]

        [Night of return to Citadel.  Before folks head for their projects
         and down time events...]

        [Raban recalls the magical spells Fremea used with her bow like
         the cold and fire arrows and finds them interesting.  He steps
         close and speaks to her.]

        Raban: "Fremea, do you know a spell that is for making multiple
          arrows when you fire a bow? If you do I would like to learn it
          if you could teach it to me."

        [When Oby, Zhou, Sven, Suca and the others leave leaving only
         the core party members Kiet asks his question before folks
         disperse for the night.]

        Kiet: "Do any of you spell casters know the 'Force Powers' neutral
          spells and be willing to teach it to me at some time in the
          future?"

          "Thank you so much for listening to my humble request."

        [Some of the party realize that Bohusara knew some of the powers.]

        Chion: "I am new to the entire realm of Neutral spells. I too would
          like to learn some of that magic. Perhaps I will simply have to
          watch you cast it if someone teaches you. I don't think I need
          another master teaching me, but am open to it if they are
          willing."

        Caladan: "I don't know the spells.  Another master?  You had two
          what's a few more?" [He smiles at Chion.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Friday...

        GM: I'm 4/9ths done with the IBT actions.  Done with Kiet's so
            now active with Fremea's and maybe Unali's.   I just finished
            with Fremea's actions and sent them for review.  Then once
            get those back can post them if she wants and do character
            sheet updates.  Unali expect email this week on possible
            IBT questions.  Z'leyra we can interact live and get this
            stuff done via ICQ chat.  See very bottom of update for
            new note in the language section.

        GM: Timeline - [Reminder to me and you]
            Apris 3-6 - Travel to Citadel
            Apris 7-14- IBT time
            Apris 15  - High Elder's Meeting
            Total IBT Days: 12

        GM: IBT Actions - IBT events will be queued.

                        Actions   Actions   Results  Sheet
              Player    Posted   Processed  Posted   sent    Completed
            #0 Caladan    Yes       Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
            #1 Ben'dar    Yes       Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
            #2 Chion      Yes       Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
            #3 Kiet       Yes       Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
            #4 Fremea     Yes       Yes       No       No
            #5 Unali      Yes       Soon      No       No
            #6 Z'leyra    Yes       Soon      No       No
            #7 Arawn      Yes       Soon      No       No
            #8 Raban      Yes       Soon      No       No

            Actions Posted - IBT actions sent to me. Yes/No
            Actions processed - Yes if completed, Soon if soon to tackle,
              Working for work in progress or back and forth in email
              questions/answers.
            Results Posted - Yes/No if results of the IBT actions posted
            Sheet Sent - Yes/No if FINAL post-Adventure #4 sheet updated

        GM: Learning Languages
            Days/Slots: 12

            Slot  Player   Language  Success Slot Player   Language Success
             #1   Chion    L'p'nth     Yes    #2  Unali    Donaran    Yes
             #3   Unali    Elf Sidh    Yes    #4  Caladan  Katai      Yes
             #5   Z'leyra  Helva       Yes    #6  Z'leyra  Lemasan    Yes
             #7   Fremea   Katai       Yes    #8  Fremea   Bird       Yes
             #9   Fremea   Zen'dali    Yes    #10 Raban    Fae Sidh   Yes
             #11  Kiet     Zen'dali    Yes    #12 ??????

            Slot 10-12?: Chion - Multiple if no one else learns any?

            Slots left: 1

            Note: Remember this is STARTING ELs.  So not max.  But
            its a start.  Slot 12 is still empty.  Sign up or Chion
            can take that with a particular request?  There will be
            more time during the adventure.

            *** ONE SLOT LEFT ***

            *** Raban wants to learn Tongue of Sidh.  Since it is
            supernatural that tends to be a bit more Sacred like.
            If someone wants to teach him that I'll put him in for
            slot #12.  If so let me know.  I figure some may not
            want supernatural tongues revealed much less given out freely.
            So its optional.