[pnpgm] Game Update #16 - File #200 - Kiet flies away..

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Jun 19 06:41:58 CEST 2009

  di
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  Do John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info:
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu as Guard/Archer
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa as Guard
     Fremea               as Noble child    [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan  as Trader
     Unali                as Zhou's wife

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #16 in sequence (file #200)

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Earlier:  Ben'Dar replies to Arawn, "I have considered...

          Ben'Dar will not fire until it becomes clear that the dragons
          are intending to attack.  He will accept flying magic if someone
          offers, so that he can get in close with his spear before the
          dragons reach the ship.
        GM: Ack. Would be nice for you to know the language but it could
            backfire ala Dr Dool-little. :)

        From Kell: ]Re: Actions]
          Ha'Kell bellows, "Someone get Zhou up here!" quickly turning...

          [Kell will also allow himself to be flown out and fight hand-to-
          dragon if the party does that.]
        GM: Ack.  I get the impression Kiet wants to do this alone.

        [Apris 30th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, sailing south]

        [Inside the horse hold]

             Ben'dar considers Arawn's offer to teach him the horse
        language.  If Ben'dar would teach sole horses on the plains it
        would be almost a good thing.  But on a ranch with many horses
        it could be distracting.  Plus the relationship between Tef'wo
        and Ben'dar could suffer with a jealous horse and his moods.

             Finally Ben'dar replies, "I have considered learning the
        tongue of horses before, and while it would be interesting to be
        able to speak with them in their own tongue, I train horses for
        others to use, so I must teach them to respond to the human
        tongue.  I think that if I got in the habit of speaking to them
        in their own tongue, it would hinder the training process."  He
        rubs Tef'wo's nose affectionately. "Besides, we communicate very
        well already."

             As if on cue, Tef'wo bumps up against Ben'dar's shoulder with
        his head and nods up and down.  Then does that ruffle noise that
        horses make when frustrated or just happy.

                        -------------------------

        [Ma 3rd, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE, 490 miles south of DL]
        [Weather: Patchy Clouds, Temperatures 70-80s as highs.]
        [Wind: Low speed]

        [Time: 1:43:00 pm]

           Corona high above the ocean circles wide scanning the water
        for more hidden dragons.  But he keeps an eye on the one in the
        south.  That one is more a direct threat.

           The ship continues south-eastward slicing the waves fast.

           The Dragon in the south seems undaunted by the merchant ship
        coming near it.  He continues to glide through the water like
        a dolphin in calm waters.  The Sea Dragon in the rear also
        continues forward but is starting to realize the ship may be
        too fast for it to eventually catch up to it.

           Raban tenses and grabs his large bow almost as big as Fremea
        herself.  Raban glances around and wonders where Fremea is then
        spots her up in the crow's nest.

           Unali has heard the discussion of Kiet's plan to talk to the
        dragon and finds it bold if not stupid.  But if it works it will
        be a mark of genius.

           Farseeker taps his great sword on the deck of the ship waiting
        impatiently for something to happen.  The Archers will have some
        action but it may be hard for him to do something.  Even Ben'dar
        has a bow.  Of course Farseeker knows one swipe of his sword could
        probably take off the head of the dragon.  At least one good and
        lucky swipe.

           Chion in the rear of the ship watches the pieces of meat float
        on the water.  He knows they'll sink since the "birds" don't have
        feathers.  If only the spell could do that.  Maybe when he masters
        it he can work on a variant with the gods with use of his other
        transmutation spell.  The distance might be too great for the meat
        to get to the dragon and distract it.  But lucky for him the
        magic of the talisman, his own spell and the ocean current here
        is pushing the meat far and wide behind the ship so fast it make
        take a longer time for them to sink.

           Ben'dar's mind races at the thought of a dragon battle.  It
        has been some time since one directly attacked the party that
        he can recall.  in fact the last time was on Clima where he got
        his Dragon hide armor after killing the storm dragon that had
        appeared from the magical tapestry.  He wonders if these dragons
        might be worth carving up for more armor.  There were other
        creatures like hydras and such but he can't recall other dragons
        since Clima.  Then his mind goes to Tef'wo.  What happens if
        the ship sinks?  Could he demand Chion to teleport the horse
        away with the people?

           Arawn knows Dragons are a powerful divine source in this world.
        All dragons are powerful and intelligent creatures with direct
        links to the gods it seems through subconscious methods.  if the
        party kills them would the gods know?  Could the gods have sent
        them here or the Sorceress?  Will Kiet's plan even work?

           Ha'Kell bellows, "Someone get Zhou up here!" quickly turning
        his head to the rear, then back to the fore dragon.  Waiting for
        Kiet's results.  Kell wonders if he put in his lot with these
        people was a good decision.  In his first battle with this group
        it is with the most powerful creatures in nature!  What will it
        be like when a simple camp creature or the Vong attack!  Will
        he have to fight supernatural forces cause they are attacked by
        these people?  Kell scowls at the thought.

           Z'leyra glances up at Corona high above the water circling
        and wonders if the ship sinks will she teleport or leave her
        gear behind and go with Corona as an eagle?  But she knows she
        spent a great deal of time working on these items and would feel
        bad without them.  She couldn't even leave the Dark Lands to
        venture into a land of anti-magic without them.  Why would she
        leave them now?

           The Captain nods to the First Mate then stands up taller.  He
        scans the distance at the dragons.  "The Rigging is to be protected
        at all costs! "

           The First mate puts away his navigation charts and tools into
        the closet where Raban's boot dislodged into.

           Caladan at the rear of the ship just stares at the dragon to
        the north and waits.

           Shu glances around and feels nervous but resolute as her fate
        is in the hands of the party.

           Kiet flexes his hands as he concentrates and stares at the dragon
        to the south calculating speed, direction and distance.

           Will also with Caladan watches the Dragon to the north trying
        to catch up with the ship.  He glances to the forward of the ship
        and realizes the bulk of the party has given up on this dragon as
        it seems to be a non-threat for now.

           Strie'bog calms himself by saying a silent prayer and realizes
        this is his first possible combat in 3-4 months.

           Sailors finish up work on the primary rigging, making sure
        all spars and ropes are secure.  Others finish closing up the
        hatches to the hold, stairs, cabinets, lockers and other areas.
        One sailor who hears Kell looks around and realizes Zhou isn't
        here.  He shrugs and opens the hatch to the stairs and rushes
        down, maybe lucky to avoid this combat all together.

                                  -----------------
        [Time: 1:43:03 pm]

           The Ship continues south-east.

           The Dragon in the north suddenly submerges under the water
        but the one in the south continues forward above the water.

           Ben'dar considers Kiet's plan then replies,  "Hold your fire,
        give Kiet a chance to do what he will and get clear!"

           The Captain continues, "...We are dead without it.  We can
        patch holes..."

                                  -----------------
        [Time: 1:43:06 pm]

           Ben'dar continues, "Those things will sink the ship if they get
        too close."

           The Captain also continues, "...in the side we can't patch the
        backbone of the ship!"

                                 -----------------
        [Time: 1:43:09 pm]

           Kiet speaks a few words quickly and casts a spell.  Kiet
        scratches his arm and glances down at it and nods.

           Ben'dar finishes up, "...We need a way to keep them away from
        the ship!"

                                 -----------------
        [Time: 1:43:12 pm]

           Kiet hopes his estimate is right and casts his next spell.
        Almost immediately winds start shipping around the deck.  Without
        much effort Kiet begins to lift up and off the deck of the ship.
        He begins to head toward the south dragon.

           The Ship and Dragons move forth.  By now the South dragon is a
        little over 1000 feet away.  The one in the north isn't seen.

                                 -----------------
        [Time: 1:43:15 pm]

           Kiet not notices that the ship is a tad faster than him and he
        begins to draw just a bit back.  Instead of gaining speed he
        loses distance.  But then the angle of the direction he is going
        and the direction of the ship quickly change that.  As the angle
        change he separates himself from the area of the ship going at
        about 20 feet per second.

                                 -----------------
        [Time: 1:43:24 pm]

           The dragon in the rear finally rises above the water at around
        3300 feet behind.

           The First mate continues to angle away from Kiet and the Dragon
        realizing that if anything Kiet will be a distraction for the
        ship to get past it.

                                 -----------------
        [Time: 1:43:30 pm]

           Both dragons close in.  The one in the rear notices the first
        bits of food and seems to start to angle in that direction but
        also follows the ship.  The one in the front notices Kiet flying
        toward it and roars a loud howl of challenge.

           Kiet glances over and sees the ship is some 120 feet to the
        south-east of him.  But the dragon itself is about 640 feet or
        so away and gaining closer every second.  He notices the Dragon
        seems to be targeting him now and figures if food comes to him
        he'll meet him first.  The Dragon changes direction for Kiet.

           Z'leyra looks at Kiet flying away from the ship and wonders
        if he'll be able to catch up with the ship.  Once the ship is
        past him and the dragon even his fast speed might not be enough
        if both are going almost the same speed.

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Monday...

        GM: IBT Status- Finished Will's and Arawn's.  Both result emails
            sent out.  That just leaves Z'leyra's which as you all saw is
            pretty big.  May take 1-2 nights or as much as 5-6.  So
            hopefully will be done soon.  Lucky for me can get immediate
            feedback when he is in ICQ.  Once that IBT is done I can write
            up the IBT post and show what all folks did and such.  If there
            is something I didn't address in your IBT as private or public
            I will summarize it mostly as if what you wanted known.  Some
            spells might have only been cast in the cabin so those won't
            be documented.  Some I pretty much know what you want as
            private/public.  But your free to restrict some of it if you
            want.  For some I already said in the result emails which I
            will do pubic and not.

        GM: Dragon A [North-Rear]    is about
            700 feet away from Ship
            640 feet away from Kiet
            Dragon B [South-Forward] is about 3,100 feet away from ship

        GM: Next update I will do only 5 phases (15 seconds).  After
            that it will just be 2 phases depending on what happens.
            I still don't know what the dragons will do. :)  Once in
            melee range Kiet will do his thing.  You can plan for the
            next 15 seconds if you want.  I sent emails to Arawn and
            Will to clarify actions but haven't heard back. I have some
            updated actions from Kell from email in my notes. By end
            of next update the talk will begin.  Short update but storms
            are nearby so wanted it to get out just in case.  More on
            Monday!  I will likely do a map for next update so folks
            know relative positions as well since within 300 feet.  If
            no actions then that's fine as well.  No need to post unless
            you have change in plans.

        GM: Posted actions -

            Arawn    - Bow ready.
            Ben'dar  - Bow ready.
            Fremea   - Bow ready.    Multiarrow Max EL, Medium-Long Range
            Will     - Bow ready.
            Chion    - Bow ready.
            Raban    - Bow ready.    Prepare ELmax Multi-arrow, Fire @ 300'
            Strie'bog- Bow ready.    Fire at long range.
            Unali    - Sling ready.
            Z'leyra  - Sling ready.  at 50' Sh Invisibility EL2
            Kell     - Tulwar/Shield/Spear ready.
                       If talk go bad summon Cloud elemental