[pnpgm] Game Update #14 - File #180 - Party prepares for battle

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Jun 9 08:36:29 CEST 2009

  di
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  Do John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info:
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu as Guard/Archer
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa as Guard
     Fremea               as Noble child    [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan  as Trader
     Unali                as Zhou's wife

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #14 in sequence (file #180)

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Apologies for all my long posts, I tend to detailed responses
          on questions. Worse its hard for me not to 'correct' something
          that looks wrong.

          <And I do not know how experienced the players are here, so
          wanted to point out PnP is never hopeless. It tends to have
          ways to ruin plans for either side!

          <Do not forget the Dice love to play games too, and are quite
          capable of tipping things in either direction.

          <I do not know the specifics on these Sea Dragons to quote real
          odds and Raban would not know anyway so I am not letting that
          influence things. Raban has never had serious problems with any
          creature he encountered, so tends to be over confident and tries
          not to kill unless he must. Here he is in a situation where his
          knowledge is limits as is his skills on deck, it is quite likely
          he will make serious mistakes. But Raban does not worry much
          about that either except in how it makes him look bad in front
          of the ladies. Raban runs mostly on instincts and intuition,
          not planning. So I think I will need to adjust his actions...

          <First a question: Would Raban understand that minutes to respond
          to a problem is not too long? I would suspect he is more used to
          time is critical and thus react that way. As such he would try
          to reach deck by the fastest way possible, preferably with his
          bow and arrows. Here is where his intelligence gets in his way.
          Where is his gear relative to his location so he can find his
          way there quickly? If others are running about, there is
          problems with him moving at all in cramped areas. So it is
          very likely he would decide to try to shorten the path by
          walking or flying through walls or floors etc. (Yes, Raban has a
          few tricks he knows little about other than they seem to work
          when he needs them too.) It may not be a good idea in reality
          but Raban may not know that either. If he understands the risks
          better than I give him credit for then he may be more careful in
          just where he tries that.

          <Raban may hurt himself reacting the wrong way here and I have
          no problem  with that as its 'In Character'. Though it would be
          very bad to  accidentally go through the ship into the water
          because the ship  suddenly changed directions.

          <I really should not say this...but I tend to be a devils
          advocate and point out things that could be missed for either
          side... Flying could have issues with a fast ship, once you are
          off the deck you have no friction to hold you with the ship and
          your inertia will quickly be lost to air drag and thus need to
          be maintained by flight speed. Thus if you cant fly as fast as
          the ship you may get left behind. Near the deck you are more
          sheltered and thus do not 'fight' as much of that effective
          wind but it will have some impact on maneuvers. Of course the
          ships magic could put an envelope around the ship so this is
          not such a problem or the propulsion wind itself may help keep
          fliers with the ship. Though that can be a problem since many
          ships actually travel faster than the wind. So if the people on
          deck feel a wind in their faces due to the speed of the ship,
          its bad for fliers. If the air is more still, then there is an
          air envelope moving with the ship and fliers work like the ship
          is near stationary...until they leave the area. Thus flying 'on'
          a maneuvering ship can be a serious problem depending on how the
          ship's air moves... So could be bad for Raban and Fremea or
          others.

          <Sorry 3:30am here and loosing coherence. I will have to finish
          Raban's action planing tomorrow...assuming Fremea's player does
          not shoot me ;)

          <Yup very good example. Since we have only had that one sighting
          of a chaos ship, Raban has little to base things on other than
          stories told by the crew. So its most likely he would try to
          respond quickly. That means if the bow and arrows are not easily
          grabbed in route, he will go as he is by the fastest way. Which
          implies its nearly straight up through the ceiling? I am sure the
          crew will appreciate that one ;)

          <So revised plan
          Raban, hearing the shouts and feeling the ship's sudden
          maneuvering, figures something bad must have happened. Since he
          is not exactly sure where is gear is relative to his current
          location, Raban decides its best to go as he is and find out
          what help he can provide... But what happened to cause such a
          sudden turn? In the short time this took (for him) others were
          having problems getting past him, making it apparent that he must
          go a different way. Looking at the deck above him, he decides
          that could work out, though if it fails its going to be
          embarrassing and hurt a bit. Smashing your head into ceilings
          is nothing new to Raban anyway...

          <Up Up and Away!  Feel free to adjust to better fit events and
          what he knows about such tricks.

          <So new plan is to get to the main deck in the next couple phases
          (I think that works) and try to find out what the problems is.
          Since he must fly through the decks to do this it and thus has
          no 'friction', the ship tossing about could make it interesting
          and result in injury or worse? Sadly Raban is unlikely to think
          about that since he has not done such on a ship before.

          <Once he learns more on the situation, he may try to get his bow
          anyway. It may be easier from there since he lives on deck? <If
          there is not enough time and he expects to fight Hand to Hand,
          then he will Bless himself at max for DCV and may offer blessings
          to others nearby

          <If it fails and he goes BONK! Raban will shake his head and try
          a more normal path to deck.
          <If worse happens, then plans will adjust as best fits the
          situation.

          <Hopefully no Philadelphia Experiment scenes... they would
          hurt! And cause a bad case of splinters!
          <OOooo I should look up Space Ghost scenes, that actually
          resembles Raban in this.
        GM: Ack. Go through walls.  If hth-Bless Max DCV.

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          [I meant the ship is sailing away from the dragon to the rear,
          and toward the dragon in front.  Not that the dragon is moving
          away, I'm assuming both are moving to intercept the ship for
          some tasty snacking.]

          [Kell hurries to the deck as quickly as he can with his gear.
          If he is sharing a room with anyone, he'll bring their
          bow&arrows, or shield&weapon.  Use common sense on his roommate,
          Kell's knowledge of where that roommate is and what may be
          needed.]

          [Kell offers an extra spear to anyone that needs the spear if
          necessary.  As long as he has 1, he can give the other 2 he
          brings to other people.  If necessary he'll lend his last spear
          and use his ulwar.]
        GM: Ack.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          If Arawn is going to us translocate, Fremea will take his hand.
          Otherwise she will fly to the deck as fast as she can.

          After checking out the dragons (about 1 min. each or 2 min. on
          just one if she can gain info from it), she will cast luck (EL2)
          on herself and find a place to shoot her bow from.
        GM: Ack.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          I'd hate that too but i'm not sure why this would happen. If
          this was a serious risk in PnP with Teleport and Translocation
          the spells likely wouldn't find much use. After all, just with
          our group, we would be taking serious risks everytime Chion
          teleported the party. Considering that Teleport is often to an
          unseen area, and on top of that, that it can be used to teleport
          to locations that are unknown/unfamiliar to the caster (albeit
          at a penalty) the risk of death (aside from Teleport Error
          rolls for going to an unknown location) would make the spell
          almost too risky to use.

          Something as simple as Teleporting to well known location is
          fraught with peril as at any moment there could be something
          occupying the space that the caster teleports too (with a big
          group the risk that at least one person will 'merge' with
          something increases). Cities would be filled with wandering
          people and wilderness with new plant growth or animals, and
          either location would likely have insects in them at that moment
          (they dominate the world as is) and each teleport is a gamble
          with death.

          Translocation, unlike Teleport, can only be used to travel to
          known locations and costs more to learn (likely due to its
          longer range and potential offensive use). It seems odd to
          create a 'merging' risk outside of 'blind' teleports or abyssmal
          failures. Just putting out my two-cents.

          Depending on how this situation with these spells is clarified
          would determine if Arawn Translocates with Fremea. I do
          understand the surprise factor with any crew nearby but they
          should recognize us before striking and likely would be
          stunned/surprised long enough to figure out who we were I would
          imagine.

          Languages-

          Arawn is interested in learning other languages but I don't
          want to hog all the days. Scott, any idea how many days are
          free in regards to using the necklace?
        GM: Ack.  Sorry but the risk is there.  Chion has setup teleport
            circles in Marentia, the plains (Caladan's village) and the
            Citadel has its own circle for such purposes.  Nothing is
            grown there or enters without risk.  Can't occupy same place
            of another object.  There are mass issues.  Messy.  We have
            observed this risk for years.  Yep.  Both spells are a gamble.
            Balance.  Ok.  You know your barn is there.  You've translocated
            there numerous times.  Well Ben'dar goes in today and fills it
            up with stone from floor to roof, wall to wall.  You know it
            is still there so you translocate.  Your suddenly dead inside
            stone.  Do you expect you to just suddenly walk through the
            10 feet of stone in every direction?  Your all the time saying
            "my intelligence.." would let you know these things.  in this
            case its common sense not to do such a thing.  Risk would've been
            less on top of deck.  But going to the only stairs up while
            a dozen or so folks are still below is too high.  So I will
            consider this your brain working and cancel the action.  Look
            at the various past adventures in the list archives.  See how
            Chion and Z'leyra prevented such disasters. There are plenty
            of language slots.  Look at the language file on the website
            it has tons.

        [Apris 16th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Dark Lands, Forest, Heading North East]

        [Time: 7:20pm - Second campsite near Novasa's Domain]

            The subject of Luck magic is discussed.  Kiet replies to
        Kell's comment.

            Kiet says, "I believe that is a Sidh spell...is it not?"

                        -------------------------

        [Ma 3rd, 1634TH]
        [Location: Eastern Ocean, Heading S/SE, 490 miles south of DL]
        [Weather: Patchy Clouds, Temperatures 70-80s as highs.]
        [Wind: Low speed]

        [Time: 1:34pm]

            Both dragons swim toward the ship.

            The First Mate turns the ship toward the deep ocean.  It is
        hard to fight creatures in shallow waters near the coast.  If
        they can avoid one they have a chance of fighting the other off
        or out running it.  As the First Mate jerks the ship to the side
        the Captain issues orders.  He tells the crew to lower the
        secondary mast.  He tells others to get to stations and prepare
        the ship including the sails, lockers and hatches.

            Raban feels the ship jerk to the side and he hits his head up
        against a tall ceiling timber.  He grumbles at the low ceiling
        in this area but sometimes to get chores down even he has to go
        below. He begins to scratch his head from the blow and balance
        himself.  He then realizes something is going on.  Muffled shouts
        and some alarm bell is heard 2 decks up.  Alarm bell?  The ship's
        bell is only chimed for watch changes, port procedures and some
        emergency situations.  Raban turns and considers running down the
        hall to the ladder, a ladder that does strain under his weight.
        But as dust rain down on his head from his hand hitting other
        timbers he realizes what he should do.  He begins to concentrate
        hard.  Only a few times has he does this and only recently in the
        flying castle and it was stone not wood.  If he leaps now and fails
        he'll likely knock himself out from the blow.  But its worth the
        risk to get up topside.  He draws on his own energy, silent mental
        prayers and total concentration then leaps up.  Almost instantly
        his body and gear on him seem to shimmer as if in a heat wave.
        He leaps through the ceiling and is soon finding himself flying
        through the captain's cabin.  Raban glances around all too briefly,
        not even a full second at the locked room.  Then he continues
        through the hold deck ceiling and out onto the top deck.  He
        emerges right at the steering wheel/navigation station.  As
        Raban sees the bright daylight his concentration wavers.  That
        is enough to stop the ability.  As the last of his left boot
        comes out of the deck it is still inside the wheel station
        locker and lodges inside it.  But the force of Raban's fall
        makes Raban go toward the deck rather than up with this new
        sudden twist.  Raban's left foot comes out of the boot but
        as it does a nail catches the left side of Raban's pants and
        a stud that holds the wheel upright catches his right pants
        left and both in conjunction with Raban's fall jerks the pants
        down.  Raban rolls a foot or two forward landing on his shoulder
        hard onto the deck in front of the navigation stand.  With
        his pants halfway down and his rear facing up toward the station
        the First Mate raises an eyebrow and shakes his head.  Raban
        regains his dignity and gets the left pants off the nail and
        pulls the pants up.  But before he notices Shu glancing over
        and blushing.  Only to turn away quickly.  Raban grins and
        knows it was worth a shot.  Could've been worse.  But as Raban
        grabs for the boot that is caught part way inside the station it
        doesn't budge.  He realizes time is critical and forgets it.
        He'll have to get it out later.  Raban moves around the sailors
        working on the secondary rigging and heads to his locker the
        Captain lets him store his stuff.  Raban is glad he wore clean
        underwear today.

            Unali below deck in the passenger storage room feels the ship
        jerk.  She knows that is not normal.  Her skill as seaman trains
        her to stand with both feet wide enough even a jerk doesn't faze
        her.  Fearing trouble but not hearing anything through the closed
        door she checks the candle to ensure its still up and not
        fallen.  Would be no good for fire.  She finds her key and unlocks
        her chest nearby.  She digs for her sling and bag of bullets.  She
        slips the sling on her belt and bullets on a belt hook.  Closing
        the chest she rushes out the door.  The ladder to the hold deck
        is only a couple feet near.  She climbs the ladder up and runs
        port to the stairs and climbs up.

            Farseeker drops his dirty broom and turns to head to the wall.
        On a shelf he grabs his large great sword and nods toward Ben'dar.
        Farseeker weaves around the horses toward the ramp and runs up
        top side.  He places his sword in the sheath and realizes that
        something is wrong.  It takes him a few seconds to realize what
        is going on.

            Chion wipes the spilled soup from his shirt and stands as
        the ship rocked.  He shrugs and taps his sai to ensure it is
        nearby as always.  He exits quickly the small cramped messhall
        of the ship and heads fast to his cabin.  Once there he reaches
        for his crossbow and quiver.

            As soon as Farseeker nods and moves so does Ben'dar.  He
        grabs his spear.  He hears something from the open ramp way
        about a monster.  Knowing this he decides not from joining
        Farseeker but going to his cabin.  He heads port to the door
        and rounds the corner to the ladder and down to the cabin deck.
        He runs toward his cabin.

            Arawn is tossed in his bed when the shop rocked.  The ship
        is too rough not to ignore.  He sits up and hears the alarm bell
        and realizes something is wrong.  He stands and quickly dresses
        in his tunic, grabs his sword, bow and quiver.

            Kell in his cabin curses as he is pushed into the wall as the
        ship rocks.  Fearing danger and hearing the muffled alarm bell he
        grabs his tulwar and sheaths it.  He then dons his helmet and
        grabs his shield.  Finally he grabs his three spears and rushes
        to the door.

            Z'leyra in the passenger storeroom separate from where Unali
        is knocked against a barrel.  Fearing danger she drops her
        cloth and heads for the door.  Hearing the alarm bell she runs
        toward her cabin.  She quickly finds her sling and bullets.

            Caladan stares aft at the creature far in the distance.

            Shu turns away from Raban and heads aft to join Caladan
        to figure out what is going on.  All she has are daggers and
        soon realizes against a monster it won't matter much.

            Kick regains his balance and is just below the sounds of
        alarm.  Fearing danger he rushes to the stairs and within half
        a minute is upstairs on deck.  He rushes forward and raises
        a hand to his brow to get a good look at the creature in the
        distance.

            Will watches Chion leave the messhall and glances at Zhou.
        For Chion, as large as he is, to move so fast it must be something
        to worry about.  Will stands as well and quickly follows out the
        door as well.  He hears the shouts and bell up one deck but know
        if this is a combat he'll need his bow.  If pirates he can use
        other weapons.  But there might be time to avoid melee combat
        if possible.  He runs to the ladder and climbs down and heads
        for his cabin.  Almost sliding down the ladder he lands with
        a thud and runs toward his cabin.  Entering his cabin he grabs
        his bow and quiver of arrows.

            Strie'bog in his own cabin regains his balance quickly and
        fears something is going on.  He grabs his bow and quiver.  He
        exits his cabin and shoulders his quiver as he gets to the
        ladder and climbs it up.

            Those sailors below deck head for ladders or stairs and
        gets to their duty or battle stations.

            Zhou raises his head and watches Chion, Will and two other
        sailors rush out.  He considers also joining but realizes the
        party is well skilled.  If they can take down a flying castle
        surely some big fish could be handled.  He shrugs and glances
        at the open door.  Chion shouldn't miss his soup.  He slides
        the bowl over and grab's Will's warm bread.  Waste not his
        mother always told him.  He shrugs and begins to continue to
        eat the forgotten food.

            Having been in one of the crew berths for her day's rest,
        Fremea is tossed against the wall and bangs her elbow.  She
        is quickly awake and realizes something is going on.  Hearing
        shouts and a muffled bell she leaves the crew cabin and heads
        for her cabin.  She grabs her bow, quiver and spyglass from her
        bag of things.  She runs toward the ladder and climbs it which
        is fast when she uses her wing thrust to almost propel her up.
        She runs for the stairs.

                        ---------------------------

        [Time: 1:35pm]

            Both Dragons continue toward the ship.

            The ship continues toward the deep ocean.

            Raban opens his locker and slides out his bow and quiver.
        He shoulders the quiver and holds the bow.  He then for the
        first time glances around.  He heads toward the front of the
        ship and notices some of the crew are looking that way. It
        takes a few seconds but then Raban sees the large black form
        a couple miles out.  At this distance it looks only like a
        seal or whale.  Why would that be scary?  then the beast rises
        up and he notices the head.  It likely isn't no friendly seal.

            Unali arrives on deck a minute after the first jerk of the
        ship.  She glances around and spots some crew looking aft.  She
        heads that way and soon spots the dark black form in the distance.
        Clearly too far now for a sling.  She waits for direction and
        for the rest to get in position.

            Farseeker knows some beast is out there and on the hunt.
        As he heads to the second rigging to help the sailors lower it
        he wonders what all the party has fought on sea before.  It
        has been some time since he was on a ship in combat.

            Chion exits his cabin and heads for the nearest ladder and
        climbs up one deck.  He then runs for the stairs and makes
        it to the top deck.

            Ben'dar enters his cabin and quickly grabs his bow and quiver.
        Without closing his door he rushes back out and toward the ladder
        to go back up.  Once on the hold deck again he rounds the corner
        just in time to see Unali go up the stairs.  He runs toward the
        stairs as well.

            Arawn soon exits his cabin and looks around.  He doesn't see
        anyone else nearby so heads for the ladder as he sheaths his
        sword and shoulders his quiver.  He had considered using a spell
        to get top side but the risk is too much.  He runs toward the stairs.

            Kell gets to the ladder and realizes climbing with three
        spears isn't easy.  He decides its best to toss them up through
        the hold up.  This takes a few seconds and he finally climbs the
        ladder to the hold deck.  Kell runs for the stairs.

            Z'leyra exits her cabin and heads for the nearest ladder. She
        climbs it after hooking her staff.  She runs for the stairs as well.

            As some come top side, Caladan turns to judge what the others
        are.  He considers his own actions for the immediate future.

            Shu steps back and knows her skills will be of little use
        here.  She avoids getting in the way and considers her magic
        that might help in this situation.

            Kiet realizes the myths and legends are true and is in awe
        at those drunk sailors in taverns who told of such stories.
        He had shared these same stories, as well as other sailors,
        with the party.  But to see a dragon in person!  Then his
        heart sinks when he notices their color and recalls what that
        means, ship-sinkers.  Kiet turns back to the others and yells
        out in katai.  "They are chaos-oriented creatures of great
        physical strength, but no magic.  One of them could destroy
        this ship...two of them WILL destroy the ship.  It makes you
        wonder if there is any coincidence about us seeing the chaos
        patrol ship and now.  When they get closer I'm going to fly out
        to meet the one blocking our path to the south and offer him..."

            Will exits his cabin and runs back to the ladder and climbs
        it back up.  He then runs toward the stairs and being closer gets
        top side quickly.  As Will climbs he hears Kiet yell something
        about dragons?  As he shoulders his quiver on the top deck he
        glances around and mutters. "To my pet wolf Biff I leave my
        donkey. Bonn appetite."

            Strie'bog runs to the stairs and climbs it right behind
        Will hearing something about dragons as well.

            Top side the ropes are starting to come loose on the second
        rigging as sailors work fast.  Some work on the primary sails and
        tighten it up.  If the primary sail goes it could rip the ship
        apart.  When some hear of dragons they gasp but being professional
        continue their work.  Some sailors stream up from the ramp or
        stairs below.

            As Zhou munches down he considers where Shu is and wonders if
        he should head up and protect her.  But then he realizes that
        Raban and others will protect her.  What is one unskilled fighter
        to a party like this?  They can handle things.

            Fremea makes up the stairs and flies up through the hatch
        into the air.  Having heard something from Kiet forward she
        flies quickly that way and lands nearby as she shoulders her
        quiver.  She raises her magical spyglass and observes the chaos
        dragon to the south.

                        ---------------------------

        [Time: 1:36pm]

            The dragons continue to move toward the ship.  The one aft
        takes a few seconds and submerges and then eventually comes back
        up with a roar of his head.

            The ship continues toward the deep ocean south-east.

            Raban hears Kiet talk about dragons and realizes this won't be
        a wrestling match.  He grips his bow ready to fire it when they
        get close.  He decides against a blessing since not going to do
        hand to hand for some time.

            Unali turns at the realization the creature is a dragon.
        Katai has something special about dragons in their culture.  They
        believe dragons are special and mystical.  But with religion not
        being so open it is more an underground cultural awareness.  Some
        celebrate with dragon costumes and tell stories of them.  To find
        them here in the ocean real almost makes her wonder if she should
        kill one.  Could the old men be right?  Could these almost be
        divine like creatures.  But then she realizes they are chaos and
        will likely care not who she is and eat her anyway.

            Farseeker helps a couple of the sailors start to lower the
        secondary rigging to the deck.

            Chion shoulders his crossbow and quiver for now and heads mid
        deck to figure out the best place to use them.  When he hears
        Kiet talk about the dragons he is in awe.  He squints in the far
        distance and sees only a faint black form on the ocean.  Like
        Unali he has heard stories of sea dragons but never seen one up
        close and personal. Chion says, "Nice!" He wonders what the
        dragons could want and smiles. "Throw a horse overboard. They
        love Seabiscuits!"

            Ben'dar gets top deck and hears Chion's last words.  he glares
        and growls at the man.  Then wonders where his best firing position
        would be on the ship.

            Arawn gets on the top deck as well and considers his best
        battle position.

            Kell turns to listen to Kiet. He glances around to see if any
        need a spear.  Some of the sailors haven't had time to grab their
        own weapons yet.

            Z'leyra gets top side and hears most of what Kiet speaks
        so far.  Knowing they are dragons makes the party's chances
        rougher she figures.

            At the mention of Chaos dragons the Captain goes silent and
        frowns.  "Protect the sails and rigging at all costs!"

            Caladan continues to watch the one to the north.

            Shu considers going below deck for safety.

            Kiet continues, "...something to let us pass unhindered, unless
        one of you has a better idea.  Oh, and get Zhou up here...if things
        go bad, someone be kind enough to fly him safely to shore.  I'm
        going to go meet the one in front of us unless there is some
        objection, and negotiate passage."

            Will sees the dragons are fast moving and seem to be keeping
        a almost equal distance to the north to the ship.  That could
        mean they are fast creatures.  He considers his actions.

            Strie'bog casts a blessing upon himself to increase his
        offensive ability.

            By now all sailors from below are top deck and are doing
        duties of rigging or storing things away.  Some have their
        weapons, mostly daggers and swords, ready but are too distracted
        at their tasks to be worried right now.

            Zhou glances at one of the mugs of ale on the table and finds
        the ale quite tasty.  He doesn't realize that he is the only one
        below deck at this time.

                        ---------------------------

        [Time: 1:37pm]

            By now the ship is almost heading due east trying to avoid
        as best it can the one to the south.  If the ship had kept
        course it would've been only sooner rather than later the
        fight would begin.  The Captain hopes a plan will be made by
        then.

            Both dragons continue to make it closer.

            Fremea lowers his spyglass and clips it on her belt.  She
        figures the head might be the most vulnerable spot on these
        creatures.  The other areas look tough.  She quietly casts a
        luck spell upon herself.  She glances up to see the crow's nest
        is now empty.  The sailors is gone from it and on deck working.
        She flies up there and figures it might be a good place to use
        her bow.

            Kiet responds to Kiet, "If you think they're going to attack
        and can't talk us through, wave both arms up and down several
        times.  I'll see you, and summon a Cloud Elemental to blast it
        with lightning.  Or an illusion of a massive shark to attack
        them. Unless anyone has better ideas?"  Muttering under his
        breath, "How do you trick sea dragons?!  Holy son of...."

                        ---------------------------

        [Time: 1:38pm]

            Both dragons submerge for half a second and then come up
        in roughly the same area but closer.

         Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Friday...

        GM: Update on IBT.  Done with Chion's.  Still clarifying things
            with Will's. Have Arawn's and Z'leyra's to read/do.

        GM: Dragon A [North] is now around 5,900-6,000 feet away.
            Dragon B [South] is about 5,700-5.800 feet away.
            Seems the one in the north has a good current or faster?
            Based on this ship will not have more than 5 minutes before
            things happen.

        GM: I have moved the party to the start of the 4th minute. Next
            update will be that minute [1:38].  I did all the posted
            actions but a few.

        GM: Posted actions -

            Arawn    - Bow ready.
            Ben'dar  - Bow ready.
            Fremea   - Bow ready.
            Will     - Bow ready.
            Chion    - Bow ready.
            Raban    - Bow ready.    Prepare EL0 Multi-arrow.
            Strie'bog- Bow ready.    Fire at long range.
            Unali    - Sling ready.
            Z'leyra  - Sling ready.
            Kell     - Tulwar/Shield/Spear ready.

        GM: Chion - You mentioned a friendly current spell did you
                    still want to cast it?

            Kiet  - You sent emailed actions.  Those will be done as you
                    said at 1/4th distance from dragon.

            Will  - I have also emailed action from you and will do those
                    as best I can.  If you want to change let me know.

        GM: If change in plans let me know.  If you fire bows let
            me know which you want North or South dragon.  Keep in mind
            Kiet will get close to the nearest one soon. I will do 1 or 2
            more minutes next update.  Not sure if we'll be in missile
            range by then.  Will know next update. Once combat begins I'll
            go into phasal time rather than a full minute.  All are on top
            deck except Zhou who is still in the mess confident in the
            party's actions.  Crew have closed the hatches to the stairs
            and hold.  So no fast access down will be there until opened
            again.  Some have stated ranges to fire as well.