[pnpgm] Game Update #25 - File #276 - IBT and Cover Story

Wout Broere broere at powersandperils.org
Fri Jul 31 00:39:03 CEST 2009

OOC: I don't know what Scott uses as a reference, but as a GM I have
always used the old Runequest language proficiency table. I don't have
my Runequest books handy, but it would place 52% proficiency at the
medium to high level for a native speaker.

The RQ table was something like
0-20%  "Meat was bad! Aaarghh."
20-40  "The sheep flesh you sold me yesterday was rotten. I want my
money back."
40-60 ???
60-80 "Dear Mr. Butcher, the leg-o-lamb that you sold me yesterday was
of highly questionable quality and the amount of maggots that were
crawling in it was uncountable. I strongly suggest a pecuniary
renumeration or I will report this establishment to the appropriate
authorities and have you closed down."

I have always liked that table.