[pnpgm] Kiet talks to the sailor/inspector

Schnockel dasandersx at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 05:32:44 CEST 2009

            The sailor looks back at the stairs and then down the west
       hallway to see if anyone is around.  "Youse wouldn't be trying to
       bribe me would ya?" The sailor squints at the dim light toward
       the acrobat.  The sailor turns left and starts to head to the
       first two rooms on the forward section of he hold deck.  He opens
       the doors and enters.  Kiet feigns innocence for a short while then
       the sailor continues as he glances behind crates and peers in some
       of them briefly.  "This is hard work and my friends up there may
       need drinks to cool them down while waiting for me to do this
       long search."

            Kiet quickly thinks and curses.  Ben'dar and the sailors just
       finished the last of the ale reserves last night.  Was supposed to
       pick up more in the next village.  "I might be willing to go to
       3 silver coins if you are especially efficient..."

            As the inspect finishes the first room the sailor looks at
       Kiet then nods.  Kiet smiles faintlsy and says, "I will wait here
       while you conduct your search."

            The sailor shakes his head and pulls Kiet along.  "Oh no you
       don't.  I'm not getting in trouble if you're not with me.  I may
       need you to explain a few things."

After a short time Kiet says to the sailor, "No, I was not trying to bribe you.  A bribe is a payment intended to entice you into an action or inaction that does not benefit you or the people you work for.  I merely wished to encourage you to an even greater effort than your captain has already asked of you.  I offered to stay behind so that you might not feel led or directed or distracted.  I am, of course, at your service and will accompany you as you wish."