[pnpgm] Game Update #22 - File #232 - Caladan insults Uli

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Jul 14 08:37:07 CEST 2009

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  Do John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info:
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard
     Fremea                       as Noble child    [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader
     Keiet      aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant
     Unali                        as Zhou's wife
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #22 in sequence (file #232)

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra would like to learn the Helva and Lemasan languages and
          any tongues the sailors know as native tongues (EL80) that she
          doesn't already know. If Raban will teach her The Elder Tongue
          she will gladly learn that. Likewise if Arawn would teach her
          Cernunnos she would be interested in learning that tongue.

          If the sailor is fluent Z'leyra will attempt to learn
          Dechan, Cerulean, Teosan, Taolisan, Dawanaese, Fomorian
          from the sailors if that is okay with them.

          And several seconds thought Z'leyra comes up with the cover
          name of Kakita Junami for use in Katai.
        GM: Ack. Boy what an alias.  Glad I put it in the header above or
            I'll forget. :)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Since Kiet cannot pass as a Katai native, he will keep his name
          and merely server his 'master' Zhou to the best of his abilities.
          Kiet will speak in Katai at all times, however...if the need
          arises.

          Kiet asks "Does anybody in this group know Chunai and/or...
        GM: Ack. Cover name and story noted above in header.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Raban does not know Elder, he does know Wood? Did I miss post
          at some point or was that an assumption?

          <So this may abort many posts, public and  private as a result
          <If Wood was meant then Raban needs to reply differently

          <On the topic of learning Supernatural Languages. I made it
          vague so it works many ways.

          Raban sighs, "Teaching someone a language of the Gods is not...

          <This may abort others actions as well due to time sequence
          <Raban is also still interested in learning languages but sets
          it as a low priority. Any language of the areas we travel through
          is ones he would like to learn. He can trade ones he knows as
          appropriate.

          <Was it ever mentioned whether you can use tongues to improve
          on a language you know?

          [Re: Will]'s post deleted for space]
          <Throw the Dice?
          <Wrong tense, its 'the dice has been thrown'
        GM: Ack.  Raban is into wood?  I thought he was a ladies man? :)
            I will assume Katai only then.  Since your not going to list
            specific languages.  This is your chance at learning languages.
            Once I do the languages that's it for the ship trip.  The
            necklace allows you to learn the language.  Once learned you
            can improve through use.  As to improving through tongues
            not really.  You learn it as a core result of your Empathy
            so higher that is the higher the level. Based on your speech
            about trust is that a yes or no to teaching her Elder? :) I
            can't really tell.

        From Will: [Re: Actions]
          OOC: I almost forgot...

          >Will hears the warning from the hallway and enters his cabin
           and closes the door.

          as the door closes some will hear Will exclaim "alea jacta est"
          One of these days this will make sense.
          If you think my Latin is good you should see my hieroglyphics

          languages:  Here are some of the languages I am interested in
          mostly just practical ones to make life a little easier.
          Lemasan, Chunai, Sarghut, Bayan, Zen'dali, Kll'maun

          as well as any languages spoken by the party members not listed
          above alias:  Sun Tzu and position Hunt master to the Noble
          Some details which he may have not mentioned but that would have
          become obvious over the last few weeks are that he was raised in
          the Dark Lands but is of mixed ancestry Donaron on his fathers
          side and katai on his mothers side.   He has a journal left by
          his grandfather and name sake Bill thus he is Wilhelm Debadsen.
          He is quite proud of his Donaron heritage but this can be a
          problem in Katai so he will adopt a Katai name and downplay
          his non Katai heritage.
        GM: Ack.  Been awhile since I had latin in school but I know the
            phase.  As to Kll'maun I don't recall that being on the list
            to know I'll have to check the file.  If not can't learn it.
            Alias noted in roster.

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          As Ha'kell is not talking with Capt UIi anymore, he continues to
          pay attention, but also goes over to translate for Ben'Dar.

          Ha'Kell tries his best to translate all the conversation for
          Ben'Dar through the whole exchange.
        GM: Ack. You could have replied to him.  Retro actions in that style
            are fine.  If I move the scene forward but you might could
            have replied its fine with me.  Just a future FYI.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar nods his thanks.  His skepticism of Zhou's negotiating
          abilities is plain on his face.  He waits impatiently for the
          fight to start.
        GM: Ack.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn is willing to share the Tongue of Cernunnos with Z'leyra as
          he sees many shared principles between shamanism and Cernunnos's
          ways. As long as Z'leyra is willing to treat the language with
          respect and not share it with others than Arawn will allow her
          to learn it. He's unsure what other languages Z'leyra has to
          trade or if she has another offer but the two can discuss that
          later. He's not pressed for anything in return for such knowledge
          right now and is alright with Z'leyra learning the Tongue first.

          As he could not pass as a native of Katai without magic or an
          extremely good disguise kit Arawn will go with whatever role and
          name Zhou thinks is best.

          As for languages, Arawn is interested in learning any and all
          languages available but will not monopolize the necklace if
          others are waiting. He can cast Tongues himself for the same
          effect over the span of the journey, maybe once or twice a day
          to learn the languages. In order they are-

          Eagle, Dae'ta A'miri (if possible), All the languages the
          sailors speak (though Fomorian and Dawanese would be learnt
          first if possible) Donaran
          Climan, Ba'ru, Lemasan, Aratad, Salaqi, Kameri
        GM: Ack.