[pnpgm] Fw: Fw: language learning

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Sat Jul 11 07:32:12 CEST 2009

<Raban does not know Elder, he does know Wood? Did I miss post at some
point or was that an assumption?
<So this may abort many posts, public and  private as a result
<If Wood was meant then Raban needs to reply differently

<On the topic of learning Supernatural Languages. I made it vague so it
works many ways.

    Raban sighs, "Teaching someone a language of the Gods is not done
lightly. I must judge whether its use would benefit my Goddess or her
causes. Or whether what I would receive is equal to its worth in my
Goddess's eyes. I was taught a little Sidh because it is needed by their
magic and I am allied with the Sidh Gods. But I am still in debt to my
teacher for it because of its nature. I am sure you are worthy to learn
anything I know but I must ask whether you truly need it. That will
greatly influence whether my Goddess will deem it is right to give it
too you."
   "I am connected deeply to my Goddess and often can judge her opinion
of my actions. Far too often I have made mistakes anyway and I excepted
whatever punishment I deserved. Some think that makes me a slave but I
know she loves me and wants what is best for me. I am allowed to do what
I want even if she tells me it is wrong. But always such actions have
caused me trouble eventually and I learn from those mistakes. Still
there are times I convince myself that it is worth the costs."

<This may abort others actions as well due to time sequence

<Raban is also still interested in learning languages but sets it as a
low priority. Any language of the areas we travel through is ones he
would like to learn. He can trade ones he knows as appropriate.
<Was it ever mentioned whether you can use tongues to improve on a
language you know?