[pnpgm] Game Update #20 - File #213 - Blue Moon Boarded - Kell's response

Murtha, Mark D (N-Resources) mark.d.murtha at ulalaunch.com
Tue Jul 7 17:07:59 CEST 2009

[OOC - Well crap!  I read the update yesterday, but didn't respond as I'm pretty busy after a vacation.  Kell was going to offer to help the negotiations with the captain to get better deals, and perhaps try to make some money or bring in more trade goods.  With all that said, I'll jump into responding to this post.]

Ha'Kell overhears all of this and decides to try and help talk our way through it.  Killing all of these sailors seems extreme, not to mention difficult.  Word would get out about the ship that went missing, and the entire nation of Choshai may be after the Blue Moon...  These thoughts run through Ha'Kells mind in a flash and his decision to help takes no time at all.

"Ho there!  Captain Tung, if I may speak with Captain Uli?"  Walking over to be closer, Ha'Kell extends his hand in friendship and flashes his friendliest smile, "Captain Uli, I am Master Swan of Swan and Talm trading from Ba'Rual.  I am part of this wonderful group that hired Captain Tung and his fine ship and crew.  I can assure you we are not a rampaging wizard's party that is causing trouble.  The last thing I want is trouble as I'm working, trying to find trade, exploring opportunities with these lands.  Lands from Choshai to Katai to Lemasa."  Pausing, Ha'Kell takes a moment to watch and judge Uli as best as he can.  Kell is being friendly yet formal, trying to fit the cultures, whilst remaining the outsider he is.

"Captain, the last thing we could be is a rampaging wizard's party.  Although we are fairly well armed as I have heard these can be dangerous waters, but that is my ignorance and propensity to always be prepared."  Smiling again at Uli and taking a deep breath.

"Attacking locals and law-abiding people won't do at all for trading and commercial opportunities."  Ha'Kell shakes his head a bit, takes his black hat off and messes his hair, then returns his hat to his head.  "But if you care to discuss items that you require, that perks my interest.  May I see your list?  Can I show you some wares?  I brought a small sample of the goods we deal in, from small high quality daggers to some of the finest wine anywhere."

[OOC - Ha'Kell will use Rhetoric and Actor ELs and try to convince Cpt Uli that we are safe, no search necessary.  He will show Cpt Uli any and all trade and gear to validate Ha'Kell's portion of the story.  He will not step on anyone else's toes, so Unali can jump in too, as can Zhou or anyone else.

Kell is also stalling for time to allow the group to prepare.

I don't know how you want to handle this, with actual words spoken or more of a "Kell tries to talk him out of it".  Kell's eloquence and persuasion abilities far exceed mine.]