[pnpgm] Game Update #105 - File #581 - Fremea talks to Glyph

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Jan 16 06:55:39 CET 2009

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #105 in sequence (file #581)

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Loot that Z'leyra expresses an interest in :

          Fine Cloth, Wool, 82 yards, Weight - 8         Value - 14 CC
          Fine Cloth, Silk, 80 yards, Weight - 8         Value - 64 CC
          Fur Cloak, Exceptional Quality                 Value - 24 CC
          Glass Bottles (5), Empty                       Value -  5 CC
          Scroll, Old Proclamation, Exc. Quality         Value - 15 CC
          Rug, Length - 4', Width - 6'                   Value - 14 SC
          Mugs, Jeweled, Ornate Elf Design (6)           Value -  7 CC
          Statue, Stone, Wt - 32 Ht - 4.10' [Robed Man]  Value - 14 SC
          Elf made, Utensils (4),                        Value - Unknown
          Gem, Medium, Minimal Flaws,Brilliant,Serpentine,     5  SC
          Jewel, Small, Nearly Flawless, Brilliant, Diamond,  55  SC
          Jewel, Medium, Fine, Brilliant, Toadstone,           4  SC
          Jewelry, Medium, Flawless,        Brilliant,  Ruby, 176 SC
          Elf made, Utensils (4),                        Value - Unknown
          Fuses                (41)         Candle Lantern        (1)
          Burn Ointment Flask   (1)   If one left after Arawn claim.
          Quills               (2)          Eagle Hood            (1)
          Candle               (4)          Torches               (1)
          Oil Lantern          (1)          Flint & Steels        (2)
          Roll Bandage        (30')         Parchment            (5)
          Ink Jars             (2)          Games, Dice, Cards  1 set each
          Dress, Silk          (5)          Spyglass, Regular     (1)
          Sextants             (1)
          Dark Land Map        (1)  only if no one else claims it

          Plate Armor AV3     -     1    Needs repair, so may save for
          when can use to teach repair to future armorer apprentices.

          Magical Spyglass - MEL7/EL3  Not claiming item...but does want
          to cast perception on it.

          Text 25 pages, Axe pictures

          Text 32 pages, Repeating Crossbow pictures Text 28 pages,
          Scimitar pictures
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          Raban watches the Anwora carefully, even disarmed it may try
          something. The conversations lately just add to the confusion,
          Kototh was here and there is no way A'kril was a great mage.
          A'kril did not have the mannerisms of someone that important.
          Somethings occurred in the extreme past yet others were recent
          and this Seker has trouble keeping them apart? Well it does not
          matter much now, Frema will be destroying this place soon enough.
          But I wonder...

          Raban (to Seker mentally)  'I hope I am doing this right...Seker
          can you hear me? I was wondering if what you said about the some
          of the magic used on you could apply to me? I can fly but not
          very well, maybe something they used to boost your flight could
          aid mine?"

          <I wonder if that will confuse other players ;)  >

          <As to treasure, very little is of use to Raban due to his size,
          even the weapons are questionable. He is better off buying magic
          sized for him out of cash shares from party members or elsewhere.
          Unfortunately the pick method means Raban is likely short changed
          because of this? But I am not totally sure how this system works.
          I have always divided loot by total estimated sell value and let
          people buy items from their share of the total. That way it
          always balances out. Of course useful magic in the loot are
          effectively bargain items since buying new costs more than sell
          value. But that too is fair, you have the choice of using a not
          quite what you want item or spending more to get what you want...
          Raban does not care though, he can make gold easily enough and
          spends it just as fast. If he needs better armor or other items
          and his share pays for it, then what more does he need? Anything
          he has left will go to help others in need, bartabs, entertainment
          and gifts, just like usual.> <I have not yet thought up how some
          of that will be told to the group since I do not think the  topic
          has come up much so far. Only a couple have taked much about
          treasure.>
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea only really wants:

          Magical spyglass (Makes lots of sense for her to have it) Elven
          sword (Not sure she can wield it yet, though would be good for
          her to start learning)
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Aside from any minor items already listed for him (and if someone
          wants any of them feel free to say so. I only took them at the
          time in case we needed them during the adventure) Arawn is mainly
          interested in the following items but will cede them to others if
          they are interested-

          -Lapis Lazuli, minimal flaws, average
          -Flag- Unknown nation (He¢s up for selling it but wants to study
          it first and then see if it has collector¢s value for the group)
          -Any parchments, blank scrolls, and inks that are left over after
          anyone else¢s claims -Repair/Design tools (not sure, what exactly
          are these for? Dependent on type Arawn might be able to use them)
          -Dark Lands Map (if no one wants it)
          -Unknown gems taken from control panels on the way out (he¢s
          curious to see if they are some new type of stone)
          Magic Items/Books/Scrolls-
          This is Arawn¢s main area of interest as he¢s obsessed with
          knowledge. Arawn will mention the possibility that he might be
          able to decipher the language magically and therefore see a
          reason to keep at least some of the books amongst the party for
          now. It¢s hard to actually claim them without knowing what¢s
          written but he feels that the

          following should remain with the party. Anything marked with (*)
          are items he¢s personally interested in prior to translation. Of
          course this could change after translation but he is definitely
          interested in them.

          Also, Scott, if the High Elder is assisting with identifying
          magic items, then what about the auras/wards on the books,
          scrolls, and maps?

          -The Blue Book*          -The Red Book*
          -Books 10, 13, 18-23     -Book 24*
          -A text list to assist with translation -Scrolls 7, 11-15
          -Scrolls 16-18*
          -Maps 1-4 (number 4* in particular intrigues him but the idea of
          discovering ¡new¢ lands excites him, really more for the group but
          wants to keep it with them for now unless we¢ll have time to
          study them with Kaylle)

          (This list could be shortened/changed if Arawn is able to decipher
          anything before this adventure ends but that¢s, of course,
          dependent on successful translation)

          As for party gold, Arawn feels he already has more than enough
          and will forgo a party share of treasure in terms of coin. He
          wouldn¢t mind a few gold/silver to keep him from having to be
          too needy but he¢s skilled enough to do without them and would
          like the rest of the group to keep most of his share.

          As for Raban, Fremea, and any others in need of equipment,
          don¢t know how much downtime we¢ll have but Arawn will happily
          offer to craft armor or weapons for them if time permits.

          Arawn will also mention the possibility of using the Insanity
          curing potion on the Anwora if no one in the party or the High
          Elder are able to aid him but will accept the party's decision
          if they say no. In such a case he would likely see to it that
          the Anwora is aided by either Sidh, Elder, or Neutral forces,
          maybe in the Vassa region or Wild Forest.

          As the Anwora told it's tale questions continued to arise in
          Arawn's mind but he knew that he would not have much time to
          share information. Preparing the Anwora for transport Arawn
          asked a few, final questions.

          "Your tale is a curious and sad one which intrigues me
          nonetheless. Perhaps when you are freed we may have time to
          speak again, in the world of men or of gods.

          A final question or two for you good Seker. You spoke of a
          device that was destroyed. What kind of device was this? And
          could you give rough directions to location to the east where
          the Dark Elves were found?

          Lastly, by any chance, do you know the name of the language
          spoken by A'kril?"

          Aside from whatever the Seker may or may not have to share
          Arawn turned toward Fremea when she inquired about freeing
          the Anwora from the cavern.

          "As Chion is not here I will do what I can. My range is much
          shorter than Chion's, however, under 200 miles and I'll need
          to know the area. I will say that I haven't brought another
          along before so it might take some getting used to. With that,
          how far are we from Sven's location or would everyone rather I
          transport the Anwora and myself to the castle's foyer?

          I can return if you wish or wait for the rest of you to meet up
          with me. Let me know what you prefer."

          As he awaited an answer the Seker suddenly warned them of the
          likely expiration of the time given by the Glyph.

          "Fremea, you should speak with the Glyph and see what can be
          done. Maybe between you and the Seker you can buy a short
          amount of time. I can head out now but do you want me to stay
          or return when I'm done? Is there anything else anyone needs of
          me if I teleport now?"
        GM: Ack. The Anwora once outside the cave will disappear.  So
            High Elder will never see him.  As to cures a Insanity spell
            would have to be on him.  I'd have to research if a basic
            cure spell will cure time insanity over a LONG time.   The
            Anwora is knocked out is the above speech only to the Seker?
            Seems that way but also directed to the Anwora.  He'll
            likely be out for a few hours.

                        -----------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Just before Fremea flies out of the cave to talk to the Glyph,
          "Arawn, it is important you take everyone you can, except me and
          the seker to safety. Since Chion has not come with us, I hope he
          is ok, I suggest you teleport all here to where Z is or near it
          and find out what they have discovered. That maybe the easiest
          way. If you can find Caladan and Chion that would be important
          too."

          [*** Arawn's repeat msg deleted ***]
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          "At most I'll be able to take one other with, though it might
          take some work as i'm not experienced in bringing others or
          the arts of portation as Chion is. I'll bring the Anwora with
          me and then look for Chion. He'll be the best choice for
          transfering everyone else out of here along with the Seker."
          [**8 Repeated email quote deleted ***]

        [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: Chaos domain, Dark Lands, ? Miles up, Flying Island]

        [Time: 12:34 pm]

        [Inside the Seker's cave...]

        [Raban glances at the Anwora knowing it can be quite dangerous
         even disarmed.  But Arawn now has it tied up and gagged.  When he
         hears in his mind about kototh it adds to the confusion.  The
         vile god is even known to him.  Kototh the one known to interfere
         with humans and Sidh alike.  The one who has created life forms
         to ravage the land and its population.  The one who would care
         less if a noble creature like a Seker or even Anwora were caught
         in some game of vile fun for his and other's pleasures.  Then
         when A'kril was talked about Raban knew immediately he was no
         Great Mage.  Maybe A'kril was just lucky at the right time and
         place and found this place while the real Great Mages were killed
         or something else.  Raban feels sorry for the Seker to be here so
         long.  He must not be able to sleep or that ability simply
         removed.  But his concept of time is confusing as there is no
         reference in this dank cave.  If only he had better handle on
         time he could pinpoint more history of the island.  Raban turns
         back to the Seker and concentrates.]

        Raban: "I hope I am doing this right...Seker can you hear me? I
          was wondering if what you said about the some of the magic used
          on you could apply to me? I can fly but not very well, maybe
          something they used to boost your flight could aid mine?"

        [The Seker turns to Raban and seems to stare for a few seconds
         then replies into his mind only.]

        Seker: "You tall one can fly?  Fascinating.  The Collar amplifies
          my natural ability.  The Amulet I figure to hold me and the
          Anwora here.  This is through our own power.  I suspect
          the Teleport some are considering in their minds will work
          to bypass them.  I gain my power from the Astral planes and
          my energy from there.  Because of my long time here I have
          unbalanced that drain.  I hope there is no major damage to
          the Astral paths.  The Collar bends my natural power with the
          twisted altering of my powers to hold the island in place
          and move it about. The Elementals are misguided if they think
          they are trapped here.  They think they are but the cloud
          and winds could leave at any time.  The binding magic that
          ties me to the island I suspect keeps the Master Elemental
          in this general area.  Once I am gone they can flee.  As to
          you the necklace would be no good to you.  Once I am out
          of this cave I can simply return home.  The items will fall
          without me.  The Collar itself could...maybe amplify your
          own ability but I just don't know.  It may be only attuned
          to my special ability."

         [Arawn watches Raban and the Seker think-speak to each other
          clearly in some private conversation.  Waiting for his chance
          he approaches and speaks in his mind toward the Seker.]

         Arawn: "Your tale is a curious and sad one which intrigues me
           nonetheless. Perhaps when you are freed we may have time to
           speak again, in the world of men or of gods.

           A final question or two for you good Seker. You spoke of a
           device that was destroyed. What kind of device was this? And
           could you give rough directions to location to the east where
           the Dark Elves were found?

           Lastly, by any chance, do you know the name of the language
           spoken by A'kril?"

         Seker: "I may only remain outside for a moment at best.  Best
           think to me here or when we return to our realms.  The device
           I suspect was of great magical power.  It had to be of a
           level only Great Mages or gods could make.  I never saw
           the device just bits and pieces of thoughts from A'kril's
           mind.  In some great battle it was destroyed and they needed
           a replacement to keep this place afloat.  That is when I
           suspect the gods made their deal with the mages or A'kril.
           I don't know of any other such devices exist.  As to the
           Elves homeland.  With little reference to time or position
           I can't be specific.  But based on thoughts your group has,
           thoughts of what is below, maps on walls and the land
           below.  I could think on it..." [For what seems like minutes
           but is a few seconds of calculation he replies.] "It took
           us two days to get from the Cold Land to the Forest Land.
           Yes.  You call that about 100 miles?  So if we assume this
           place can move 50 miles a day.  I'm not sure what this mile
           measurement is but I could guess....a full moon cycle...
           A'kril loved the moon.  He said it had shapes?  Maybe 500 or
           600 miles away to the south east?  But again this is only
           guess work. A'kril mentioned they were in ships on the sea
           and not on land.  So their homeland I just don't know of.
           As to the language of A'kril I could guess.  Since I understand
           all human languages naturally it is all of no use to me.  But
           when A'kril would talk to the Dark Elf surface thoughts of
           Lymria were thought?  So Lymrian?  I could be wrong."

         [At last Arawn smiles, it seems a final confirmation of the story
          the High Elder spoke of.  If this place was and it now seems sure,
          to come from Lymria then this place is quite rare and valuable.
          It is a shame to destroy it but it would knock the balance of
          power in this region.  Others would fight to obtain it.  Others
          would kill for the information.  The one called the Sorceress
          could use it to rule other lands. Worst of all the Seker would
          be a captive here.  That he would not tolerate.  Arawn thanks
          the Seker and turns to Fremea.  Considering what to do with
          the Anwora first of all.]

         Arawn: "As Chion is not here I will do what I can. My range is much
          shorter than Chion's, however, under 200 miles and I'll need
          to know the area. I will say that I haven't brought another
          along before so it might take some getting used to. With that,
          how far are we from Sven's location or would everyone rather I
          transport the Anwora and myself to the castle's foyer?

          I can return if you wish or wait for the rest of you to meet up
          with me. Let me know what you prefer."

         [Arawn considers the warning of the time left for the party.]

         Arawn: "Fremea, you should speak with the Glyph and see what can
           be done. Maybe between you and the Seker you can buy a short
           amount of time. I can head out now but do you want me to stay or
           return when I'm done? Is there anything else anyone needs of me
           if I teleport now?"

         Seker: "We have not moved far from our last position.  Maybe a
           few miles.  We can head back to the last position so you
           can get to your camp faster if needed."

         Fremea: "Arawn, it is important you take everyone you can, except
           me and the Seker to safety. Since Chion has not come with us, I
           hope he is ok, I suggest you teleport all here to where Z is or
           near it and find out what they have discovered. That maybe the
           easiest way. If you can find Caladan and Chion that would be
           important too."

         Arawn: "At most I'll be able to take one other with, though it
           might take some work as I'm not experienced in bringing others
           or the parts of portation as Chion is. I'll bring the Anwora
           with me and then look for Chion. He'll be the best choice for
           transferring everyone else out of here along with the Seker."

         Seker: "You only need a simple teleport outside this cave to
           relieve and free the Anwora.  Beyond that the same for me."

         [Fremea nods to the Seker and explains she'll be back soon.
          She takes to the air and flies toward the portal in the west
          part of the cave.  As she flies she replies back to Arawn.]

         Fremea: "Then take the Anwora out quickly and the rest just needs
           to get to where ever Z and Kiet are."

         [Fremea is the first to reach the portal and exit back up topside
          to the castle.  There she finds Chion standing in the portal room
          seemingly docile and listening to something.  Outside glass is
          heard to shatter.  Fremea nods to Chion and walks to the secret
          door and quietly exits.  There she finds Caladan along the west
          wall of the Navigation room staring at the Glyph who has just
          used a force of wind gust to blow out both windows in the north
          wall by the fireplace.  Fremea clears her throat and raises a
          hand of a please wait gesture.  She recasts a quick communicate
          spell.  She nods toward Caladan and smiles confidently.]

         Fremea: "Master elemental, I seek your patience. I know that you
           have been held here for a long time, making sure everything that
           you did what you were told to do. I asked to you hold for a
           little longer till I found what you wanted, the control area,
           and this I did. Now, I ask a favor of you again, though I do
           not have the right to do so, only that we share a bond of
           betrayal and enslavement and hope that you will understand why
           I ask this of you and your kin. It seems that not only was a
           human man in control of this place, which he is dead now, the
           gods themselves helped to create this place and to enslave you
           and your kin to do the bidding for a long time. The control you
           wanted destroyed and I will, yet I need a little time to do
           this, or the god will know what we have done and come to find
           us all too quickly. I also wish to find the god or gods that
           did this, so I may give you that information, so you can get
           your revenge upon it. You have been fair in allowing me to get
           to this point, and I appreciate it, please give me until we
           reach the water and descend unto it to let me get this
           information or we will never be completely free and the god
           or gods may come again and enslave us once more."

         [Caladan looks over confused and wonders what is going on having
          missed the last few minutes of activity in the cave.  But
          the Glyph listens quietly.  When the mention of gods is said
          his eyes blaze with lightning and his clothes and hair blow
          as if in a tornado.  The Glyph glances at the room and the
          things in it.  It begins to pace back and forth around the
          room considering her words.  He glances at Caladan and then
          to the outside.]

         Glyph: "I will give time but I want to see the Control.  I want
           to see what is so important.  It is fine you put this place
           tot he ocean but we must not be here.  We will flee before
           than if possible.  Water and air do not mix so well."

         [Fremea considers this and wonders if the Glyph plans to kill the
          control - in this case the Seker.  That could mean instant
          disaster.  He doesn't seem mad like the Anwora and seems to be
          thinking clearly.  It also seems the mention of the gods seems
          to anger him to be used for so long for something as mundane as
          his past duties.  He awaits Fremea's answer.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Monday...

        GM: Not much 'new' stuff in this update. Just organized the
            replies.  Ran out of time for this update to do what
            all I wanted.

        GM: Those in the cave who will exit?  Once you do you can
            find the other two loading up and help them.  Arawn
            if you teleport the Anwora now let me know.  I'll do
            it next update and the results.

        GM: Fremea want to move the island back over the campsite? If
            so lower it or same height of about 2.5 miles.

        GM: Chion if your around let us know.  Guess you've been busy
            with holidays.  Since Fremea will have to remain in the
            castle with the Seker to the last minute  She may need
            you to teleport her back to the camp.  She could fly but
            she'll have to use a map or something.  Not sure
            what you've been up to lately - quiet.  So hope all is good.

        GM: Treasure - There has been some valid questions on treasure.
            Since we have three new players I'll just give a brief
            overview of what I've done in the past.  In most table
            games one could argue and yell for one item and that's over
            in minutes.  But in a pbem I've found that a list of treasure
            and allowing claims works just as good. I usually just post
            what is found and who wants what.  If no one takes an item
            it goes to party share to be divided up later.  If two people
            want the same item then they can argue over it privately
            or in the list.  Usually 99% of the time one person gives
            up their share (kin to King Solomon baby cutting thing).  One
            would prefer not seeing a powerful item just sold and profits
            kept or such.  If however both can't agree (or however many
            there are claiming it) then I suppose at that time I could
            have the party vote on it (democracy) or just sell it period
            and divide up the profits if no majority is determined in that
            vote.  I've never seen a conflict go that far though.  But
            I could understand some seeing that a claim could outweigh
            any other share.  The Armor (only as an example here John)
            alone could sell for the entire other treasure combined.  So
            should Arawn give up that rare armor to sell it?  Should he
            claim it cause technically it is rightful his by race? I tend
            to allow free will on these things.  I personally don't care
            what is done as it doesn't create major issues.  I've found
            that those who kill the big Knight with the Super Dooper
            Magical Armor should have first dibs on that armor.  Its
            only fair.  But for that kid player in the party that hid in
            the bushes should he earn a share of that armor?  So I'll let
            you guys decide how I'll handle the treasure. Vote time!

            1) Items Listed.  Items Claimed.  Claims are 100% personal.
               Anything else left over goes to party share to be divided up.
               This gives each person's claims taken before shares are done.

            2) Items Listed.  Total Treasure is added up.  Items that are
               claimed is removed from party share.  If one person has
               more or less they can buy in or buy out of that said share.

               For example: Treasure is 1200 gold.  Player X wants to
               buy the plate armor for 45 GC.  There are 3 players so
               each share would be 400 gold.  Player X gets the plate
               and his share reduced to 355 gold only.  So any items
               claimed is removed from his share. If an item is worth
               500 gold he gets no share and if he has 100 gold can buy
               that item.  Keep in mind the method could mean a person
               may not be able to afford an item.  Then what?  Is that
               fair even though he might deserve it?

            We have 9 players.  So a majority will be 5 votes.  If 5
            do not come in then we'll go with current method.  Please
            let me know ALL asap.

        GM: Since treasure method is up in the air I can't update the
            report with current claims.  There are some minor conflicts.
            But its on hold till I can figure out what you guys want.
            The sooner I get your votes the better.  If you don't want
            to vote or don't care let me know.  As soon as majority
            is decided will update the report and repost.

        GM: Somoene posted an email that didn't show on the list.  If
            you see your text above but not on the website/archives
            and recap section than it was you.  I think it was a @yahoo.com
            account but I forgot the username.  I was  lucky this time
            in seeing it and got it but I may not in the future.  If
            you have more than one email address let me know and I
            can add it to the list or you can do it via the website.