[pnpgm] Game Update #104 - File #573 - Arawn Quesitons Seker

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Jan 13 08:32:27 CET 2009

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #104 in sequence (file #573)

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Does Ben'Dar get expertise in kissing, or wooing, or something?
        GM: Ack. Expertise on how to woo a Katai woman holding 2 daggers?
            Sure.  Expertise in survival maybe? :)

                ----------------------------------

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea thinks about how to convince the Elemental to give a
          little more time, they certainly will not care about the island
          falling and destroying anything below. To the Seker, "Stop the
          island and I will let the others remove everything and get off,
          then we will figure out how to get you out of here."

          To everyone, "I am stopping the island to unload everything and
          everyone. I will stay here to make sure the island makes it to
          the water and to get the Seker out of here. I will need to figure
          out a way to convince the Master Elemental to give a little more
          time. Arawn, maybe you and Chion should take the Anwora out of
          here, by teleport?"
        GM: Ack.

                ----------------------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn knelt beside the Anwora, searching him and removing any
          weapons or tools that could prove troublesome. Though his kin it
          seemed the man was, for now, a danger to them as well as himself.
          Securing the Anwora's hands he payed careful attention to the
          information dispensed by both Fremea and the Seker.

          "Seker, I know that you have only pieces of this puzzle but do
          you have any idea as to the nature of this game or deal between
          A'kril and the gods? Were certain forces particular to this
          arrangement? And you knew of a Chosen One? How did you know of
          such a person, their role and other clues as to the game played
          here?" Arawn also turned his attention toward Fremea and her
          offer of knowledge.

          "Fremea, you say are in tune with this island right now. Do you
          know its destination and purpose? Also, see if this place holds
          a record of past events. We might be able to gather further
          information the pact between A'kril and the gods and why all
          this was enacted.

          If possible, I also suggest deactivating any other defenses set
          in place that could hamper us as well as locating anything else
          hidden in the complex we should know of.

          Beyond that, as you seem linked to this island and its parts,
          see if there is a way to remove the 'map' in the helm. Also, for
          your sake, see if you can gather information about Samma, the
          town we spoke of before."

          He paused for a moment and then reached into his pack to pull out
          a scroll. Unfurling it he showed it to both Fremea as well as the
          Seker. It was a finely drawn picture of a particular mountain.
          "See if the island recognizes this location and see if you can
          find anything out about it." Turning to the Seker he asked,

          "I wonder if you have the ability to see images in anothers mind.
          If so I ask you to look at the thoughts in mine and see if you
          recognize any of these images."

          Arawn is focusing his thoughts in the crablike creatures from
          the Vassa area and the images he saw while communing with the
          serpent crown. If the Seker is unable to see images then Arawn
          will describe them.
        GM: Ack.

                ----------------------------------

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra gets up and starts loading the platform telling Kiet
          "Okay, we can fly this. Let the others know that we have a way
          to leave without needing to teleport. The platform can probably
          handle a fair bit of weight."
        GM:

        [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: Chaos domain, Dark Lands, ? Miles up, Flying Island]

        [Time: 12:28 pm]

        [Inside the Seker's cave....]

        [Fremea listens to the Seker's words.  It comes almost as a
         challenge.  Not a threat but a skillful challenge by the Seker.
         Maybe he has read more of her mind than she wants.  It is one to
         convince a captor who has little choice to do some things and one
         who can likely destroy the party in their weakened state.  But she
         did make a good connection to the Glyph and maybe she is the only
         one that can convince him.  She considers the fate of the island
         and what could come of those talks.  If things go bad the party
         will have to flee fast.  It might be best to get the loot down
         below and some members there quickly.  She turns to the Seker.]

        Fremea: "Stop the island and I will let the others remove everything
          and get off, then we will figure out how to get you out of here."

        [Before she completes the last line the island slowly begins to
         slow down and stops.  There is no lurch as before.  It hovers in
         place a couple miles up off the ground above the forest.  Fremea
         then turns to everyone else.]

        Fremea: "I am stopping the island to unload everything and everyone.
          I will stay here to make sure the island makes it to the water
          and to get the Seker out of here. I will need to figure out a
          way to convince the Master Elemental to give a little more time.
          Arawn, maybe you and Chion should take the Anwora out of here,
          by teleport?"

        [Weapons are sheathed and the party realizes the trip up here in
         the last 2-3 hours is almost at an end.]

        [Arawn walks toward the Anwora and kneels beside him.  He searches
         the body but finds nothing on the Anwora but clothing.  It almost
         feels wrong to search kin like this but he seems a danger to
         himself, the Seker and the party.  With the Seker's explanation
         it seems clear the Anwora's mind must have eroded and decayed
         to near insanity.  Only time home might fix things.  He ties
         up the hands of the Anwora while he considers the words the
         Seker and Fremea spoke of moments earlier.  Once done with the
         Anwora's hands he stands and approaches the Seker's head.]

        Arawn: "Seker, I know that you have only pieces of this puzzle but
          do you have any idea as to the nature of this game or deal
          between A'kril and the gods? Were certain forces particular to
          this arrangement? And you knew of a Chosen One? How did you know
          of such a person, their role and other clues as to the game
          played here?"

        [The Seker turns his head and sends his reply to Arawn as well
         as the others in case it might offend to keep such a conversation
         private or from the others.]

        Seker: "I never saw any of the gods.  I only saw A'kril and the
          occasional human.  While A'kril kept his surface thoughts
          under control, knowing that I could read them, I did gleam
          a few details.  It would seem the snake god and the Dark
          Sorcerer were at least two of them I suspect.  Not linked
          together but maybe separate times.  I don't know.  From
          what I could gather after the Great Wizards fought this
          place was the last one.  The device it had was destroyed.
          In a pact with the gods I was captured and ...changed.  The
          details of that pact I don't know.  It was clear from A'kril's
          thoughts the gods thought the Great Wizards were taunting them
          and trying to become gods themselves.  Some gods helped while
          most hated them.  But I don't know if they directly interfered
          or have yet to."

        [A'kril a great wizard? Arawn laughs at that thought.  Clearly
         he was not.  At least his potential wasn't there or he didn't
         have the time to show his skills.  Maybe A'kril inherited this
         place from another one.  Arawn considers the words and figures
         the snake god could only be Kototh himself.  The Dark Sorcerer
         that title is rarely heard in his parent's court.  But if his
         memory is still working well it must be Kotarl?]

        Seker: "Long ago when I was chained here we flew around for a
          short time.  I have no concept of time here.  I can only
          feel sensation of growth by vague feelings or thoughts.  From
          the nature around this place.  We must've flew for what a
          small bush grew into a tall tree.  Then suddenly we stopped.
          A'kril's thoughts became frantic and hostile.  Something
          happened and for a long, long time I didn't feel his thoughts
          or anyone.  I was alone...even the Anwora didn't wake during
          this time.  Then I could faintly feel presences on the island
          and then suddenly A'kril's thoughts returned.  Soon after
          he bought one of the beings that look like you Arawn but
          with dark skin.  We were above endless water.  A'kril bought
          one down here and his thoughts were hard to read at all.
          I do not know where they came from or why they were here.
          Soon A'kril ordered me west is all I know.  We followed the
          sunsets for a long time then arrived here.  I had the
          feeling the direction was random and not purposeful.  As
          to the chosen one that is simply a term I came up with.
          Does it mean more to you?  The one who holds the meld and
          thus the bond between me and him or her is the One - the
          Chosen One.  As to the game itself I suspect the game was
          ended during the long period I felt no one.  I could be
          wrong but I just don't know.  It was clear A'kril had
          contempt for some of the gods and thought his power could
          soon someday be higher than theirs."

        [Arawn nods and turns to Fremea and speaks.]

        Arawn: "Fremea, you say are in tune with this island right now. Do
          you know its destination and purpose? Also, see if this place
          holds a record of past events. We might be able to gather further
          information the pact between A'kril and the gods and why all this
          was enacted."

        [Fremea concentrates but feels nothing but a connection that is
         like a numbness to the Seker.  She shakes her head.  But the
         Seker hearing this replies.]

        Seker: "You do not understand the Meld Arawn.  This place, the
          island isn't alive.  It is only land.  I am the sole person
          who controls the flight of the island.  The Elementals are
          here for support only.  They really aren't needed.  The
          wind help as defense or offense as A'kril has told me before.
          The Cloud blocks view from below and speeds things up. The
          master elemental controls them all.  The destination wasn't
          given or told to me.  Just directions and height.  That is
          all.  As to past events there is only my memory. "

        [Arawn sighs and considers the library information might be the
         only good resource for information now.  But he continues.]

        Arawn: "If possible, I also suggest deactivating any other defenses
          set in place that could hamper us as well as locating anything
          else hidden in the complex we should know of.

        Seker: "I know nothing of defenses or hidden areas.  I have
          found thoughts on magics of this place in passing.  A'kril
          made jokes of the altar magics at times.  But that is about
          it that I know of."

        Arawn: "Beyond that, as you seem linked to this island and its
          parts, see if there is a way to remove the 'map' in the helm.
          Also, for your sake, see if you can gather information about
          Samma, the town we spoke of before."

        Seker: "Map?  I do not know of such a map thing.  What is this
           Samma place you speak of, a city?"

        [Arawn sighs again and realizes the Seker has no god like
         powers to tell where he is.  Probably doesn't even know where
         the island is above.  Arawn reaches for his pack and begins
         to go through it till he finds a scroll.   He unfurls it
         and glances at it.  The scroll of his vision of the mountain
         from the Lake Octa incidents.  He shows it first to Fremea and
         then to the Seker.]

        Arawn: "See if the island recognizes this location and see if you
          can find anything out about it."

        [Fremea shrugs and looks to the Seker who replies even before
         her head is turned.]

        Seker: "Pretty but I do not recognize it.  Many mountains are
          all the same to me.  As are the forests.  I don't even know
          where I am now aside a coastal region over some large forest."

        [Arawn begins to get a bit frustrated at his quest for knowledge
         but asks the Seker something else.]

        Arawn: "I wonder if you have the ability to see images in another's
          mind. If so I ask you to look at the thoughts in mine and see if
          you recognize any of these images."

        [Arawn begins to concentrate on the creatures found in and around
         Lake Octa and the serpent crown.]

        Seker: "No.  I do not recognize the various creatures.  I have
         seen various creatures in A'kril's mind that I believe he
         has read in a book.  But they didn't seem special to me."

                        -------------------------------

        [Meanwhile outside the castle on the east side wall near the
         broken window Corona used to exit the hallway from...]

        [Z'leyra stands from being thrown off the slab.  She heads
         to the window and helps taking various things from Kiet
         and loads them onto the slab avoiding the gems itself.]

        Z'leyra: "Okay, we can fly this. Let the others know that we have a
          way to leave without needing to teleport. The platform can
          probably handle a fair bit of weight."

        [Kiet nods and turns to wave to the warriors to help give Z'leyra
         more gear.  Kiet heads down the hallway to enter the courtyard
         to get Caladan's attention.  Soon he arrives into the courtyard
         but finds it empty.  The wind elemental forming the hourglass
         seems to be gone and the dirt is on the ground in one heap.
         Kiet looks around unsure where it went.]

        [The Windy Man as Kiet calls him suddenly flies onto the second
         floor and looks down into the courtyard.  He looks briefly
         at Kiet and then back and forth down the hallway.  Soon the
         Glyph heads toward the Navigation room and enters.  It speaks
         to Caladan but Caladan doesn't understand.  But Caladan can
         figure based on the lack of wind outside that time has run out.]

        [Time: 12:34 pm]

        [Inside the hidden room with the door closed Chion can hear
         the Glyph's words but doesn't understand them.  He glances
         at the portal and isn't sure what is taking the party so long.]

        [Inside the cave the Seker speaks again.]

        Seker: "Your wizard friends seem to be heightened emotionally.
          I can vaguely sense their distress but not their thoughts.
          At this range I can only sense their minds and know of them
          through the Meld's association with Fremea."

        [The party figures time must have run out.  Fremea turns to
         glance back the way they came and quickly forms her next
         set of words.]

        Seker: "If you bring him here maybe I can show him what the
          situation is.  But if he finds the Amulet and neck amplifier
          to be the target of his anger you'll have to protect me.
          Remember if he kills me the island falls.  At this height
          you'll have maybe a minute or two at most."

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Friday...

        GM: Fremea do you exit the cave back to the hidden room and
            navigation room.  If so do you speak to the Glyph there
            or bring him down?  What do you say.  What is your
            argument.  Anyone else can help as well.

        GM: What of the Anwora does Arawn teleport him to the Castle?
            Chion isn't in the cave as he doesn't seem to be around
            the last couple weeks - maybe too much holiday fun? :)
            So don't know what he is doing.  He can't be taken out
            the portal as explained earlier.

        GM: The next email is the treasure report.  It will also be
            on the website in the links section.  Review it when you
            have time.  Make any claims by 1/31 please.  Last time
            we had claims that went over 3 months later.  So rather
            get it all done a bit quicker if possible.  I have notes
            in the file itself.  If any questions or comments on it
            let me know.  This of course assumes party returns to the
            Citadel.  Who knows the Glyph could still slaughter the
            party.  But I figure I'll get some things done in advance.
            This include the magical item definitions.  The party
            will NOT know what these items are for at least the next
            day (assume Z'leyra would want to spend the mana).  Otherwise
            by the time the next adventure the definitions would be
            know.  Just a bit of getting ahead of the game.  Since
            that stuff bogs it down a bit.  The Seker's magical chains
            aren't in the file as its current.  After 1/31 will fill
            in the coin amounts and divide up the claimed items for
            character sheets.  This gives 2.5 weeks to look over.  I
            only post it next so it can be printed/extracted to file
            if needed.  As to others if you exit the cave to help
            load gear or such let me know.