[pnpgm] ZL to Raban

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Sun Feb 8 22:29:05 CET 2009

Raban smiles sweetly, "Then what money or other treasures you need are
yours, Z'leyra. I can be a bodyguard as well, day or night. But I cannot
ignore my other duties for too long. So I will need to make arrangements
to entertain at whatever local inns or other establishments I can find
nearby. And see if there are any people who need my help in my other
capacities. Being a wandering Bard has many rewards as well as duties. I
need to work on the stories about our adventures, the wonders of the
places we have been, though I suspect much of that may need to be kept a
secret for now. My teaching cultural things will be limited depending on
who is in the audiences, some places do not wish to learn about other
cultures. And my Goddess gets upset with me at times because I have
found some of her teachings cannot be taught openly, but only in private
to a select audience. But I really hope I will find a place I can dance,
I have not been putting the effort into that I should. The problem is so
few places have enough room for me to do it justice and I dislike
putting on a mediocre performance. Of course most places do not want to
see a man dancing especially one of my size, so I mostly dance for
nobles. That is where I make my largest income, usually many gold for
the performance and sometimes more for private shows. But I am sure you
understand that performing for any noble carries risks and I do not mean
from a poor performance. Sometimes an excellent performance causes many
problems."