[pnpgm] Game Update #57

john haight sang_real at msn.com
Fri Dec 18 04:00:11 CET 2009

Truth Spell-

   To help alleviate the issue of mistrust Arawn will cast Hidden Truth on himself at max EL (Mana) as soon as the captive (and then Tiehul) began speaking, recasting it as necessary if time run outs. He'll extend his Mana Shield if necessary but will ask Tiehul if they are likely far enough away to not be easily detected by sensors. If he is told that they are likely safe he'll ignore extending the mana shield for now.

   He's looking to find any hidden truths or lies when the two men speak, especially as questions were asked during the last post between Tiehul and his lieutenant.

   Arawn will inform the party that they can question the two men as they wish and Arawn will share the truth quietly to the others, in Marentian.

Healing-

   Depending on how far along the next game update carries us Arawn is willing to cast Healing Mist on party members after we set up camp. Please post something to let me know who, if any, are willing to accept this healing.

   Scott, if any accept Arawn will wait until we are in camp and under cover, cast Mana Shield (Mana) on himself and the recepients at EL 3 and then cast the spell Healing Mist (Racial) at max EL, doubling the cost to affect a radius. He'll make sure that only those to be affected along with himself are in the area of effect at the time. If his mana runs low for Mana Shields for everyone he'll cast it on the most injured party members and leave the most lightly damaged to be healed naturally or the next day.

   Once he's done he'll cast Energy at EL 0 (Mana) to restore his Energy Levels as close to maximum as possible. If he has sufficient mana and his first mana shield has faded he will recast it at EL 0 (Mana) to cover his castings of Energy.

Tiehul's herb-

   After it is used on the others Arawn will ask Tiehul what it is called and its growing conditions so as to add it to his herbalist lore if he does not already know of the plant.

   As the man revealed the nature of his betrayal a pained look of sadness and compassion came over his face. Though it did not condone his actions it made them understandable. The man was grieving, angry and heart-broken over the loss of his mother. He listened as Raban counselled the man, adding his own thoughts afterwards.

   "I am so sorry for your loss," he replied with genuine sympathy. "Though I know it might not mean much now, if I had known I would have gladly done what I could to aid your mother. Trying to aid others and heal the pains of the world is something I live for.

   Please do not judge those who possess the Art simply for having the knowledge. All men are individuals capable of either good or evil and the same holds true for those who possess knowledge of magic, it is a tool and while some would use it for selfish reasons there are others who would use it help others in this world. Judge them as you would any other man, by their actions and not their abilities, race, or gifts.

   I do not know what I can offer you to bring you peace but know that all life continues in other realms and your mother is being cared for there. Honor her and do not let her see her son lose his way. Stay strong in your time of trouble and act in a way to bring joy to her spirit because she will always be watching over you. Honor her memory, remember what she taught you, and share the love she had for you with others.

   And try not to hate Tiehul. Though you wonder why he did not search for a magical cure for your mother it, perhaps, may have been due to the great danger that would have been posed not just to him and yourself but to your mother if caught. And did actually ask him for his help?," he asked in a non-judgemental manner. "He is your friend and he likely would have tried."