[pnpgm] Game Update #57 - File #508 - Confessions & Truths

Scott Adams longshot at cybermax.net
Tue Dec 15 07:59:23 CET 2009

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 NPC...................Shu.Yeoh..........Wizard..Normal/Human..Fe
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  ...Thomas.Magann.........Whitney...........Scholar.Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar, 2 Donkeys

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Shu        aka Shu           as Niece               [HD]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Whitney    aka Whitney       as Herbalist/Tailor    [F]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Baron Noble         [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at cybermax.net

     Game Update #57 in sequence (file #498)

        From Whitney: [Re: Actions]
          lost or broken? the difference being recycling the arrowheads
          into new arrows with some of his blank shafts, given a bit of
          time next camp.

          If we're in a hurry, when he wakes, Whitney can fix up the horse.
        GM: Ack. Lost as in gone/broken.  Especially with you firing at
            point blank. :)  Arrows cheap though so don't panic.

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Wow those guys had few hit points but they sure did very well
          overall. Shows how different PnP is from most games ;)

          "Tiehul, you said they were bounty hunters? I am confused...
        GM: Ack. Just regular npcs generated by my npc program.  If I had
            done PC class we'd still be here fighting.  So it quickened
            the battle.  Besides there will be plenty of tough folks later
            on don't worry.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar is in a black mood after the fight.  He doesn't ride back
          to the wagon but rather sits down where he is is and inspects the
          damage to Tef'wo's hooves.  He slowly walks the big black horse
          back to the wagon. During the discussion about what to do that
          night, he says bluntly, "The horses need healing and rest....

          Later that evening, when things have calmed down, Ben'Dar wanders
          around in the prairie, looking for certain herbs that grow on
          the plains.  He uses his skills in horsemanship and horse husbandry
          to make potent poultices and he applies them to the hurt hooves
          of the injured horses.  (not sure anymore, but I think combined EL
          at healing horses from those other skills is 9 or 10?)
        GM: Ack.  So out of character for a barbarian! :) Shocking.
            But good stuff.  big bear stuff was fun. :) Right.  I've
            not done the healing yet.  But if not healing will take the
            herb hunt as action.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          First of all Kiet goes around the battlefield inspecting the dead
          and making sure they are so, with additional thrusts of his dagger
          to spur on any hangers on.  Kiet then will round up the
          ropes/lassos and evaluate them...if any are substandard they can
          be discarded.  He will use any leftover ones to truss up our only
          survivor, hands behind back and feet, with feet tied such that his
          knees are bent and there is a rope feet to hands.  He ain't goin'
          nowhere.

          Kiet will then help others bind wounds, his own, etc.  He notices
          that he can handle a dagger just a bit better than before (heehee
          - like that +1EL).

          He'll then help gather the weapons, the caltrops, and the monks
          clothing.

          Kiet hears the talk about the new danger of discovery we are in.
          He doesn't buy it.  "Look...we are a protected...

          Kiet wil also refuse any magical healing, though would appreciate
          the ministrations from a real healer.

          If we pile the bodies on the side of the road and make a sign
          (using grass material for brush, their blood for ink, and a monk's
          clothing for the sign) we could just put on them a sign that says
          'raiders' in Katai.  Kiet could write that.

          After Tiehul and company arrive, Kiet quietly goes around to the
          other party members asking them if they have any truth magic that
          can be used to determine whether or not Tiehul is telling the
          truth...did he betray us or did the other guy?
        GM: Ack. Sign.  Cute. :)

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          . Idealy before 5:13:30pm....

          After checking on the others Arawn went to speak to the horses
          and attempt to gauge their situation. It soon becomes clear that
          only the front two horses were injured by the caltrops and Arawn
          listened to the others discussing the situation before finding a
          moment to speak.

          "Though I am not the greatest expert on horses present I can...

          - Arawn will take a look around and if there are no witnesses in
           sight and If no one objects to the use of magic Arawn will ask
           for aid moving any injured out of the spells area and then cast
           Mana Shield at max EL on himself and the horses. He'll follow
           this up with Sonata (Healing) at EL 3 (Racial) to heal the
           horses of their injuries.

           As Ben'dar doesn't return right away with Tef'wo I'm not sure if
           Tef'wo will get this healing. If not, Arawn will offer to heal
           Tef'wo's hooves if the horse is willing (Arawn will ask Tef'wo
           first and if he doesn't answer will then ask Ben'dar).

           IF anyone in the party wants minor healing now they can say so
           and accept the Sonata spell. Otherwise Arawn will offer the
           following.

           - Arawn should be able to help the unconscious members but just
           waiting to hear back from Scott on something first.
           As Kiet does not wish magical healing Arawn will offer his
           skills as a Healer for now, admitting that humans are not his
           area of expertise. Still, he'll keep in mind what he's picked
           up from Z'leyra and tending to the others in the past and apply
           them to his own skills as an elvish healer.
           When Tiehul arrives Arawn will attempt to calm down Farseeker,
           though understanding the nature of the warrior's anger.
        GM: Ack.