[pnpgm] Game Update #28 - File #311 - Danger from the depths - Kell's actions not related to mermen attack

Murtha, Mark D (N-Innovar) mark.d.murtha at ulalaunch.com
Fri Aug 14 17:14:02 CEST 2009

>         [Junaqa 7th, 1634TH]
>         [Distance this day: 30]
>         [Weather: Overcast, Storms]
>
>           Kiet says "I am just glad that Squirt didn't go after the
>         Water Serpent. THAT would have been a disaster!"

"For the snake," Kell says smiling broadly and showing his white teeth, joking over it.  Kell also thinks the fight wouldn't be fair....  Squirt would beat that snake like he owned it!

>           Arawn speaks to Whitney. "That was a good plan that you had,
>         attempting the summons. The storm was dangerous and complicated
>         things. Not many can keep a level-head in such situations. It's
>         good to know that you can think clearly when things get rough,"
>         the Alfar said in a genuine tone. His demeanor shifted for a brief
>         moment, pensive, perhaps even brooding as he added,
>
>           "The gods are watching us I think, helping us in their way but
>         it makes me wonder if there are forces out there seeking to harm
>         us that would draw interest from the other Realms..." He trailed
>         off into silence for a brief second before looking up again, the
>         odd cast now removed from his face.
>
>           "Anyways, it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Perhaps
>         when there is time we may share stories or knowledge of such
> magics
>         as we have seen in the future." Not wishing to bother the man any
>         longer than necessary he then rose with a smile to begin further
>         work on the ship.
>
>           The ship doesn't take long to get its bearings back since the
>         gets help from Fremea.  She flies up high with her spyglass
>         and finds the shore.  Knowing that the ship is easy to head south
>         as the storm heads further north.

Kell goes to both Whitney and Arawn, "Thank you both for saving the ship.  That was quick thinking, and I am happy it worked.  That was a terrible, terrible storm.  Whitney, I for one am glad to have you aboard.  And Arawn, great job performing the summoning during the storm."  He shakes both their hands and looks very happy, if still a bit green.

>                  ----------------------------
>
>         [Junaqa 8th, 1634TH]
>         [Winds: Good, Speed 14]
>         [Distance this day: 38]
>         [Weather: Overcast, Rain]
>         [Temperatures: 56-69]
>
>           The day after the huge hurricane storm, the ship finds itself
>         docked in a Choshai fishing village by mid-morning.  This allows
>         the sailors to fix damage and check the bottom of the ship while
>         diving below.  As sailors do damage control the officers plan for
>         renewal of supplies including new pitch and food.
>
>           While the Captain doesn't care if the party heads to shore to
>         stretch the legs or visit the one and only tavern, Zhou mentions
>         there could be danger if Uli somehow got word ahead of them.
>         The village itself is one of the smallest of the 5 or so
>         visited in the last few weeks.  There is just a small dock,
>         one warehouse, one tavern and two shops.  Only about 100 small
>         homes and one large building that must be a town center or
>         hall that is closed this day.  The residents are timid and are
>         obvious fishermen and their families.  They leave the party
>         alone even as they dock and walk the horses.

Kell wanders into the two shops to see what they have for sale.  Everyone notices he does this at every village, when he isn't helping with the horses, no matter how small the village.

In this case, Kell is also checking for any news of their passage.  If there are any rumors of a fast ship or escaped prisoners from the north.

He also visits the tavern and listens for rumors or tales there.  He'll buy the old-timer (presumed to be there)a beer and swap a few stories, probing for news.  And he'll charm the pretty serving wench with his best smiles and flirting for more news.

>           As the party watches the merchant ship dock up, Zhou gathers
>         all but Whitney around.  He states, "Whitney tried to save us
>         and his bravery showed he could be a team player.  OF course
>         it could be self survival.  Though Arawn actually got the
>         snake on board, Whitney thought of it first.  So I will wait
>         a couple more weeks then inform him of our mission.  He can
>         then decide to leave us or join us.  Of course if we fear he
>         will give our mission away we may have to detain him.  Of course
>         if he uses that name of the High Elder again his fate will be
>         decided by me."

"I say we ask Whit to join our mission, and let him decide.  Whilst it is very important, he may not want to help us.  If he doesn't, he goes back to the High Elder so he cannot spoil it."