[pnpgm] Kiet explains what he was doing.

Schnockel dasandersx at comcast.net
Fri Aug 14 16:01:23 CEST 2009

Sometime shortly after the encounter with the Water Serpent, Kiet explains to the curious amongst us what he was doing and saying to the creature.

"As most of you know I am Lemasan, like this crew.  Lemasa is an island nation and the Sea is important to our whole nation and society.  This creature, the Water Serpent, is a thing of much legend and lore.  Many of our ships have devices/decorations of some sort depicting these creatures.  They are revered as the servants of Zu and especialy Manakel.  Zu is placated while Manakels help is actually sought.  Anyway, all I did was offer up my thanks to it and let it know how much its help meant to me personally.  I don't know if it understood...I don't know if they can speak or understand speech...but it seems there was some reaction...hopefully for good.  No, I do not know what the reaction meant."