[pnpgm] Game Update #27 - File #304 - Storm ravages ship

j hunter sang_real at msn.com
Fri Aug 14 03:14:41 CEST 2009

    As the great serpent faded away like sea-mist Arawn remained still and silent for a few minutes. Several thoughts raced through his mind but after a bit he pushed them aside to tend to the here and now. Tired and drained he moved amongst the passengers and crew running a check to make sure that no one was missing. Along the way he counted the animals- horses, birds and even little Squirt- to make sure that all were well. Tending to any that needed help or assisting with repairs in the aftermath he eventually found time to sit down for a moment and catch his breath. Finding a spot near Whitney he gave a quiet but warm smile.

   "That was a good plan that you had, attempting the summons. The storm was dangerous and complicated things. Not many can keep a level-head in such situations. It's good to know that you can think clearly when things get rough," the alfar said in a genuine tone. His demeanor shifted for a brief moment, pensive, perhaps even brooding as he added,

   "The gods are watching us I think, helping us in their way but it makes me wonder if there are forces out there seeking to harm us that would draw interest from the other Realms..." He trailed off into silence for a brief second before looking up again, the odd cast now removed from his face.

   "Anyways, it was a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Perhaps when there is time we may share stories or knowledge of such magics as we have seen in the future."

   Not wishing to bother the man any longer than necessary he then rose with a smile to begin further work on the ship.