[pnpgm] Game Update #27 - File #304 - Storm ravages ship

Thomas O. Magann Jr. tmagann at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 11 08:40:33 CEST 2009

>  -..Thomas.Magann.........Whitney...........??????..Normal/Human..Ma

Scholar.

Really

>        GM: <snip>   Well to be a native one has to have the oriental eyes.

I thought he did. see below

>          Not sure what to do about Whitney's collection of languages,
>          either, at this point, but, being a librarian, he has a few. he
>          even speaks some of them
>        GM: Ack. If you want to list in the file what you know go for it.
>            It is up to you.  If you want to learn some you can let me
>            know as well.  With the slots that are left.

Just the spoken ones, at this point?:

Katai
Marentian
Primal
Sidh
Elf Sidh
Faerry Sidh

I'd rather use the spell you told everyone I have to learn any, though. May as well get the expertise, experiese, and stat points. :-)

>          Whitney shrugs, "Well, Captain, all my medicinal herbs were
>        confiscated awhile back. Where's the mop? Unless, of course, like
>        certain   Elemental Sea Serpents, quite nice fellows by all
>        accounts, you'd prefer a bit of education? Yeah, I didn't really
>        think so."
>
>          The Captain lowers his arm and frowns. "A map?  Education?  This
>        is not a noble cruise we don't learn as we sail son.  A person
>        like you might earn 6 copper by the end of he voyage.  Not near
>        enough what you owe me." He glances to the sailors standing
>        behind Whitney. "Throw him overboard." The sailors come forward
>        and grab Whitney's shocked arms.

Whitney growls under his breath, "Mop, the world was MOP...as in swabbing decks? A sailor's main pasttime?"

>          Whitney shrugs, "What the hell were my options? I'd reached my
>        majority. It was go out into the world and do some field work, or
>        piss off the Chaos Bit... err, anger the Sorcerous by killing off
>        one of her pet wizards, shifting the balance of power and
>        requiring me to spend the rest of my life managing a realm of my
>        own. The Old Count spends so much time making sure things run
>        right and people are getting without major problem, that, after
>        three quarters of a millenium, he still hasn't finished HIS
>        researches.  Why do you think he has a library in the first place?
>        Librarians. We all have extensive information in our respective
>        areas, short cutting his research no end."
>
>          Zhou's face reddens again.  "You will refrain from calling
>        the High Elder by that term.  You use his library and dare
>        call him by that name?" The loyal servant of the High Elder
>        seems to take a few long breaths and calms down. "So your
>        a Chaos wizard then from your implication you were living
>        in a chaos domain?"

Whitney gives Zhou with an odd look and speaks a bit slowly, "I have said I was living in the Old Count's domain, which, last time I checked, was Balance. Also ifI was killing a chaos wizard and upsetting the balance of power and the Sorcerous to stay that would hardly make me Chaos oriented, would it? Oh my. As to calling him the Old Count....My family, and many many others, followed him out of Marob and into the Dark Lands eight centuries ago, as did most of settlers of the Dark Lands. Or is it that you don't want the rest to realize that the highest noble rank in all the lands is only Count?"

OOC: and which is why I think Whitney might have Katai-ish eyes.

Thank you for your time,

Thomas O. Magann Jr.