[pnpgm] Game Update #26 - File #288 - Party decides Whitney's fate

John Stowman johnstowman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:31:54 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Scott Adams <longshot at darktech.org> wrote:

To  Zhou
>"Will you freed him.  In Katai some might consider that a life debt.

"there is no debt!"
though Will does not say more you get the feeling that their is a strong
sense of  obligation here.

>In some ways I would have rather dealt with the crew or killed them.  By
your escape you may have endangered us
>Unless you did itin such a way to show you escaped without aid

"I believe we did a fairly good job of disguising the escape and placing a
couple of miles between the Blue Moon and the Choshai ship when the escape
apparently happened.  So the shore should have been a closer destination
than our ship which was headed in the opposite direction if swimming was
anticipated. "

>Do you want him to continue or do you want him to
       be thrown off at the nearest port?  Keep in mind our mission
       that if we let one like him go it could endanger things if he
       gets caught and questioned.

"If he proves trustworthy I'm sure he must have some skills that would be
useful to us.  Who knows maybe even the aparent harmlessness (real or
feigned) could be useful in gathering information.  Leaving him on his own
seems like it would be quit dangerous as he seems to be unable to remain
uncaught for more than a minute so if he canot be trusted then intering him
in the Dark Lands may be safset. "

To Whit
>Whitney rolls his eyes, "Why does EVERYONE assume I'm a mage? There is
absolutely nothing of magic about me. I've made sure there isn't a hint of
it since I left for Marob to do field work. Besides, technically a Mage is
trained in sidhe magic. Human magic is mostly wizardry."

"Pardon my slang as a non magic user I'm sure you wouldn't recognize it.
Interestingly you do remind me of someone I met once (who I wont name) who
was quite reticent about sharing even his name let alone that he was a magic
user.  I quite understand his concerns though as I have found that being
identified as a magic user can be quite dangerous even among friends.  So in
the future I would appreciate it if he or anyone else where not to discuss
the casting of magic outside this group.  Now if he (or someone else
interested in learning magic) wanted to learn the sending spell I'm sure
someone could be found to teach it to them? "

OOC:   Will's IBT is done and probably would not allow the teaching of the
telepathic sending but someone may be available.  Will would appreciate
someone to practice with and then if he ever found himself in a position
such as you did (bound, gaged and imprisoned) you could check on him and
organize a rescue this might also improve the frosty nature of there current
relationship.

Wa da ya say Whit? (-:

Ma 24th, 1634TH]

To the party in general
    >The next day the party quietly gather to discuss what they will
        do with Whitney...

"My opinion would be to see how things go over the course of the trip though
he already knows enough to get all of us and himself hung in Katai if he is
not careful with his words.  So see what we think before we land in Katai
and then if we think we can trust him tell him what the mission is and spell
out his options"