[pnpgm] Kell's general responses and question in the meeting

Murtha, Mark D (N-Resources) mark.d.murtha at ulalaunch.com
Mon Apr 27 16:27:03 CEST 2009

[In the meeting before we adjourn.]
Scratching his head a bit, Kell takes a moment and thinks about all that is said so far.  Most of it he's never heard before, and while he's been around he knows he's still a bit of an outsider and not as experienced as anyone in the group.  "I wasn't there for Lake Oca, and don't really know much about that whole incident.  But if there is one Lake Oca, is it possible there is another?  Or another location the Vong can grow their fiendish gear?"

Addressing Ki'ama, Strie'bog, and Unali he continues, "Do we know any other possible locations like lake Oca?  Are there any other mystical places that fit their growing conditions, especially in Katai?  Stopping the growing of the Vong's, er, armaments, could be a way to slow the invasion and buy us more time."

"If they have seduced a house in Katai, it will be doubly difficult.  Once we find the Vong base, there could very well be numerous Katai we'll have to deal with.  At least they aren't almost immune to magic."  Ha'Kell pauses, catching his breath,  "I don't relish fighting the Katai, they may not fully know or understand what they are bringing upon all of us.  The Vong, well..." With that he gives a smile, almost cruel.  Or like a merchant about to take a pompous noble for twice an items value.

>From Kiet:
"Would anybody in our group be able and willing to teach me the proper use of shield and mace while we sail?  While I have some abilities with dagger and javelin, I think I need to learn these things too in order to improve my survivability...especially shield.  In return I could help teach the very basics of seamanship, ocean survival, or perhaps some other skill."

Kell responds, "I can help teach you the shield. I don't know mace, but do know a variety of swords including the Tulwar."

>From Kiet:
"IF not mace, then fighting spear?  If not fighting spear, then war staff?"

"My preferred weapon is fighting spear, and I'll gladly help with that as well."

"I say we start thinking about the necessary smuggling we'll do, depending on the amount of magic.  I also have a few thoughts on magic, as I believe we're both wizards of the same path."

Ha'Kell would like to learn more about Katai, about their products and culture.  What is the best merchandise to bring, and what can we expect to buy?  Hopefully Unali can help, and possibly Ki'ama has several books he can borrow and study.