[pnpgm] Game Update #4 - File #35 - More travel plans are made..

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 04:48:37 CEST 2009

[      Kell changes the subject back to the Vong,  "What about the
         poison from the spears.  Do we have a supply of antidote to bring?
         Do we know if we can use the vong spears and armor against them?"]

   Waiting for the High Elder to finish speaking Arawn replied,

   "Aside from magical items we may or may not have ready, it is within my power to cure the taint of poison. Of course I can only deal with so many at a time." He finished his sentence with a pensive look, some idea seeming to form in his mind.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[             High Elder Ki'ama then takes one final sip of his wine and
        turns to the group.  He approaches each person as close as he
        can and stares them in the eye as he speaks to each one. "Arawn,
        now you see why we had to warn you.  The information about the
        gods not knowing everything or being all-powerful might offend
        or disturb you.  I hope you understand that even gods had some
        origin.  If they knew everything then there would only be one
        god why need others? Whoever the First was he clearly made more
        than one for Balance.  So even they may not know of the Vong.
        If they do know then it may be obvious they do not wish to know.
        When you travel to Katai your face wrap will not be possible
        to wear.  That is the thing bandits do.  You will be stopped
        at every post and street there are guards.  As to your..." he
        lifts a finger to his ears, "a hat might be best for that.  Many
        down there wear straw large hats so that's more common."]

   Arawn dipped his head graciously, acknowledging Ki'ama's advice. At the same time he thought over the words directed toward him in regards to the omnitraits, or lack thereof, of the gods. Most seemed to think he would fall into the common mindset shared by the immortals that danced in the higher realms, both as an alfar and as a mouthpiece and hand for them considering his druidic training but he did not. He had always been different from his brethren, in more ways than one, and his views both alienated him to some and endeared him to others.

   "Thank you for insight, High Elder Ki'ama. In truth I have never shared such an outlook. The gods represent various forces of existence and serve a great purpose upholding, representing, perhaps even creating some aspect of reality. That there continued existence impacts various parts of the three worlds cannot be doubted, nor the importance they serve in maintaining the fabric of existence. Nevertheless, while I respect the power and wisdom of those in my home realm, with great deference to my parents of course, I have always recognized that they are neither omniscient, omnipotent, or omnipresent, though some seem to come close.
   I am keenly interested in the primordial to better understand the nature of things and believe in a higher state of being than even that of the gods. Mother Dana and her peers created the world yet I wonder, from whence did they come? What lay before them or above them? I strongly believe that with proper enlightenment all beings can eventually ascend to higher states of existence, such as those mortals who have been elevated to the ranks of the divine, but I think there are higher levels still. Some, like the gods, are closer to such a potential ascension than, say, mortals, but there are pros and cons to both. Mortals may have a longer, more difficult road to travel but the gods have great responsibilities to the world and its inhabitants that occupy their time in addition to the danger of becoming side-tracked by the danger of hubris through their own extreme knowledge and power.
   I seek enlightenment, and what I learn I hope to share with those that are ready and to heal the hurts of the worlds and perhaps bring them together once again in a golden age of peace. Difficult as this might be I will work steadily at this, using the ancient wisdom passed down amongst the Sidh and shared with men as well as learn what wisdom there is to be found in this world as well. I can only hope for the best and trust that those I travel with strive for a better world as well."