[pnpgm] Game Update #2 - File #4 - Ki'ama holds his meeting..

Mark love_to_travel_mark at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 00:05:24 CEST 2009

After several minutes and things are a bit calmer, Ha'Kell speaks again.  "It appears the implicit agreement is to be a travelling entertainment group.  Whilst I am no entertainer, I can be the wagon driver and the cook, and maybe even the announcer/money taker, glad handing the crowds we will surely draw.  One disadvantage of travelling this way is no stealth.  When did any of us see a travelling groups as this that didn't want to be known far and wide?  They want and need to be famous to draw crowds and earn their living, making their presence known and asking people to tell their friends.  Being a trade group we can be much more stealthy.  How may trade groups go completely unnoticed by most of the population?"

"If we go as a group seeking fame I suggest we all use different names and disguises while performing.  For some, mainly Raban, disguises may not be possible.  We can work around that easily I think.  Others will fit very well.  Fremea can be dressed and act as either an orphan we took in, or an orphan that ran away to join our merry band, or even one of our daughters.  She should be fine as long as no one suspects her of otherwise.  I don't want anything to happen to any of us."

"I suggest we bring as little magic as necessary.  There are several stages to the mission, and hopefully by the time we find the evil Vong and need to do heavy fighting Chion can teleport back and bring us our most useful gear.  This supposes we find them first before any major fighting.  We first need to find them, and don't know how long that will take."

"Teleporting that far is extremely useful.  If I had that several years ago..."  Long pause in his lengthy speach, "   hrmm..." everyone notices he seems very sad at this point, then clears and his face returns to the mission, "Anyway, he can return for gear as necessary I imagine."

"I have an idea or three also about the magic we must bring," glancing at Strie'Bog,
"including your instrument.  I have done this before, including stopping magic from finding magic.  It is always risky though, we know only when it fails."

"I care not which route we take, or if teleport most of the distance, only that we have at least a week travelling together to practice our act and disguises.  For either the entertaining group or any other options.  What about travelling in smaller groups and meeting up at a single pre-determined location?"

Asking Ki'ama "Who is the contact in Katai?  Where and when will we find the contact, and how long does the ritual take?"  Pausing again and taking a deep breath Kell continues, "If I were the Vong, I'd be in Katai City to take people.  In that large a city no one will miss thousands of people, and there are homeless people to take as well.  I've traded there several times in the past, so I have a vague knowledge of the people and customs but I am no expert."

"The Vong threat must be stopped."