[pnpgm] Kiet To Party

Schnockel dasandersx at comcast.net
Sat Apr 11 06:22:55 CEST 2009

Kiet says,  "Um...In my former days I used to hide things I wished to remain
unfound.  When I learned my spells, I learned what would possibly make my
subterfuge even more effective.  One spell in particular should prove
useful, as long as the power of the sensing device is relatively low.  I can
shield myself from magical Mana Sensing, Mana Reading, Soul Sight,
Divination and Detection. It has no affect against the Shadow version of
Soul Sight. The spell is twice as effective against innate or untrained use
of these same detection methods, say that used by our Sidh friends here.
Given a short time, I believe I could be prepared to have the spell ready
for EL2 protection.  That should be quite a bit considering the Katai
parsimony regarding magic.  In other words, they dislike the use of magic,
so maybe their detection is of poor quality, as they wouldn't trust the mage
to be too powerful."

"If I wished to place the spell on someone other than myself I must pay
double cost to do so.  I would find that to be an objectionable percentage
of my daily ability"

"I am fairly certain this would prove effective for the items I wear...but I
would have to know I am being examined in order to prevent the unwanted
intrusion of my privacy."

"The duration would be about 10-15 turns, with the time easily able to be
extended at a further cost of mana."

"Perhaps our host (or one of us!) might have some low level detection items
with which we could test it out and see if my worn or carried items are
protected as well."