[pnpgm] Update #78

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 07:53:10 CEST 2008

Ben'Dar- [Oops, Arawn's warning probably would have caused Ben'Dar to hold off attacking for another phase or two.  But I didn't say anything, after getting Arawn's warning, so my fault...]

- It's all good. Though Arawn would've liked to have had a chance to talk things out he'll just have to deal with the cards that have been dealt:-)

Scott- I'm good with the choice you made. Actually makes things easier for me as I would've had Arawn refrain from fighting if he saw that it was a party member that initiated the fight. Arawn would not have attacked A'kril or any of his men and reacted a bit differently instead of charging the mage but my reply didn't exactly cover the group initiating things:-)

   Arawn's face remained impassive as the others seemingly complied with the request, though inside he was glad that they were allowing an opportunity for diplomacy over battle. It seemed that A'kril might actually be open to negotiations but before that could happen all chaos broke loose. Upon hearing Ben'dar's call to battle Arawn looked over his shoulder, a shocked expression on his face.

   "What?... Ben'Dar, stop!" (would've been in 1st phase ideally)

   But it was already too late. Blood flowed and around him both sides sprung into action. Arawn rose from the couch and pressed himself against low against a wall in an effort to stay out of direct combat, difficult though it was in the crowded chamber. Deciding that enough was enough he took a gamble and tore the wrap from his head in hopes that A'kril would recognize and react positively (as well as can be given the situation) to an Alfar and  then called out to him in Sidh.

   "Help me stop this madness! I don't know why he attacked! Pull your men back and I'll try to calm my companions!" (Arawn will rush saying this so as to get it out as fast as possible)

   - If A'kril seems willing to try this then Arawn will call to the others to stop and pull back, letting them know A'kril will do so as well. Arawn doesn't expect them to likely respond but would give it a try anyways.
   - If A'kril doesn't respond then Arawn will try to pacify the situation, attempting to stabilize any of the fallen on either side while keeping an eye to his defense.
   - If A'kril doesn't agree then Arawn will engage the guards in combat, using Martial Arts and attempt to do subdual damage if possible without severely affecting his fighting ability. If an opening exists to reach A'kril Arawn will attempt to do the same to him instead.

   He'll use his buckler for protection if need be but will use his Martial Arts offensively. He'll dodge the flames if it nears him.
   If possible Arawn will cast Energy Shield on himself at max EL.